“very pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
“very pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very pleasant restaurant, good seating for business diner (privacy) and good food. Professionel service and outside is heavenly, quiet and yet close to center and offices.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“Worth the price....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Not a budget location but the food was fresh & delicious and ambiance & view was excellent !!! Overlooking a small lake and very close to our hotel in Hoofddorp.....

Visited February 2013
Milton Keynes, England
“Dinner beats lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lunch at L'Hirondelle is good and tasty fair but it is the dinner menu that wins me over at this restaurant. Food is good and well prepared, service pleasant and usually busy but they've always had room for me with colleagues.

Dinner feels a lot less rushed than lunch, probably because we're not all dashing back to the office. If you've had lunch their and enjoyed it I'd recommend dinner.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sacramento, California
“Pretty restaurant in nice public park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

l'Hirondelle is a pretty restaurant in a very nice public park that borders a business park with office buildings. It is a short walk from the Hampton by Hilton hotel where I stayed overnight before a flight the next day out of Schiphol airport. Food was good -- there is a three-course menu for 29 euros that had two choices for starters and two choices for main course and strawberries in champagne with homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert this night. Attractive design; would be an especially nice place in sunny weather with seating on the terrace overlooking the park. Pleasant and attentive service from two personable young ladies.

Visited May 2013
Rome, Italy
“A surprising dinner in a leisurely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were staying at the nearby Holiday Inn Express (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g227906-d1948981-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Express_Amsterdam_Schiphol-Hoofddorp_Haarlemmermeer_North_Holland_Province.html) and looked for a place to have our dinner (we arrived very late, 8PM at the hotel, 9PM at the restaurant).

The place is conveniently located on a slight inclination of the land, opening into a natural space with fountains and pools: a nicely bucholic feeling!
Unfortunately we were too late to rejoice in this oasis, but I could advice to try it: it looks fantastic.

So we were seated and the personell was really kind, spoke a nice English, and adviced us on the best dishes. (note: they have sandwiches at launch too, dinner is more elegant though with only main dishes).

We went for two main dishes: one was sticks of lamb crusted with herbs, roasted vegetables and a balsamic vinegar sauce, the other was a pork eyerib steak with herb and cheese sauce, and little roasted vegetables and potatoes.
I don't usually like lamb, but I was tired of pork and chicken so I decided to give it a try, and how lucky I was!
The lamb was delicious, the herb crust really flavory and the balsamic sauce was sweet and tasty without being invading. It was a really good plate, something I could have found in a real italian restaurant to say it true, so it not only satisfied me but surprised me positively.

The steak was very good too, precisely cooked, with no hard tendons or cartilages, savory. The sauce was a perfect complement: engrossing the flavour without drowning it. Vegetables made for a tasty siding.

We also took a dessert: a homemade tiramisù with amarettos.
I must say it was no real tiramisù in the Italian sense, but it if you could get away with that fact, it was a very good and really homemade dessert we enjoyed.

Globally I was very surprised with the place: elegant without stressing about it, in a delicious location, very good kitchen with good quality of both the natural products and the cooking of them.

Coming from Italy I found a really sweet place and I can't but recommend it.
Just a little note: tending on classy rather than on homely, don't expect *HUGE* portions and you can't be dissatisfied with the L'Hirondelle.

• Visited May 2013