“Great airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Hoofddorp
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My stay here started off on the right foot; I didn't know what to expect in terms of finding the shuttle at the airport, but I literally walked out the door and boarded the shuttle that was sitting there waiting. I was a little confused because as we were driving to the hotel, the sign in the bus said that Bastion guests have to transfer to a different bus at Best Western, but the first stop was Bastion.

The room was spotless and comfortable. The bed was a little hard for my taste, but I slept fine. The only reason I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the traffic noise. Sure, I heard planes in the morning, but my biggest complaint was car traffic noise since the hotel is right next to the highway. It woke me up several times throughout the night, even over the sound of a white noise machine that I always travel with.

My husband and I had dinner at the hotel restaurant, and I will agree with another reviewer that the service was painfully slow. All we ordered was 2 bowls of soup, and somehow it took half an hour to get our food. There were only a few other tables, and everyone else had their food, so I have no idea why it would take so long to heat up 2 bowls of soup. In the morning we walked to McDonald's for breakfast and this was super easy since it's in the Bastion parking lot.

Friendly staff. Free wifi worked just fine. All in all I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Eigenaar at Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam Airport / Hoofddorp, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear guest,

We want to thank you very much for your stay at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam Airport and for your review which you have posted on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to see that you have enjoyed the personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities and all of this you have translated in a nice review!

You mentioned in your review that you had to wait for a half hour before you soup was served. We would like to apologize for this. We value your comments and recommendations for assessments and to further develop our standards. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in one of our hotels!

Team Bastion Hotel Groep

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a good choice for a clean, newer, modern hotel near the airport. I was attending a convention at the RAI and chose to stay near the airport and ride the train. The train runs nearly all hours and the hotel provides an airport shuttle between 6am to 12am. Past that expect a hefty can fare to the hotel. The rooms were clean, large (for European standards) and had all the right amenities. Free wifi is nice, pricey breakfast was not worth it to me. There is a mcdonalds in the parking lot, but you almost need a car to access it. Only the drive thru was open any of the times I saw it. It can be confusing trying to find out about this hotel. Hotels.com has all the right photos and info. Tripadvisor has the Best Western and this hotel mixed up. The Best Western is connected but not the same. Even Bastion makes it confusing. Apparently there is another Bastion Deluxe Airport (according to their shuttle service) but I never saw a bus for it. They could do better on their information, but once here, this is a good hotel and a very reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2014
Bastion Hotel G, Eigenaar at Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam Airport / Hoofddorp, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your review regarding the Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam Airport. As we can see you have experienced the personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities of Bastion Hotel Groep and you have summarized it in a great review!
Thank you very much for that.

What can we improve on our breakfast to make the breakfast worth it for you?

Tripadvisor was mixed up with the Best Western Amsterdam Airport indeed, but now that is solved. Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel is also managed by the Bastion Hotel Groep and there is another hotel Bastion Hotel Schiphol/Hoofddorp. I can imagine this is confusing for you and other guests, because they are all in the same spot near the Airport.

The hotel where you have slept, Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam Airport, is a new hotel and that is the reason why there are not so many reviews yet.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently for this moment and we are looking forward to welcome you in one of our hotels.

With kind regards,

Team from the Bastion Hotel Groep.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

My meal took 45 min to get ready, and also service is very low. I dint recommend this place to eat even if you stay at the hotel. Go to the other ones at the surroundings.

not so many options to order and I found a hair in my plate. Well, actually it was not my best dinner...

Stayed February 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the review which you have posted on Tripadvisor.

First of all we would like to apologize for the fact that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

We are very sorry to hear that the service of the staff was not what it should be. We acknowledge that a good service from the staff contributes to a pleasant stay in the hotel.
Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

The Bastion Hotel Groep wants to offer each guest personal hospitality and a high level of service, that is why we have implemented improvements on our courses.

As an appreciation to your review and to show we are really sorry, we want to offer you a voucher for free breakfast the next time you will sleep in one of our hotels.

Team Bastion Hotel Groep

Been to Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam Airport / Hoofddorp? Share your experiences!