“Good maybe a little to good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good maybe a little to good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

On arrival I came to the reception checked in but was charged even though I had paid on line through a booking company. I then went to my room and was phoned from reception to say I had to come back and get a refund because I had been over charged. I received a free drink but it was the last thing I wanted to do at 10:30 at night after a 7hr road trip from Berlin.

The Restraunt selection of food for breakfast is great and reasonably priced at 15€ a head. Freash and cooked foods with a typical European selection. I would say one thing though! Once I had a plateful of food I left some to make sure no one would take my plate to go and get a cup of coffee. I then came back ate my food and then went to get some fresh fruit leaving my full cup of coffee only to return to a completely empty seat. I then had to return to get another coffee. Abit to efficient if you ask me. One thing I would say in the defense is that it was the end of service and some of the staff looked abit fed up. Otherwise brilliant value for venue looks great, and has a bouncy castle to keep kids occupied.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Grant W

Noordeloos, The Netherlands
“Hectic Sunday in a bustling place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Van der Valk hotel-cum-restaurant chain is a big player in the Netherlands, and although it's truly a place-for-everybody, their quality and service is good to very good. We visited the restaurant on Sunday, which is highly popular for those who want to have brunch under the "all-you-can-eat" banner. The only dissonant was that the smartphone of one member of our group mysteriously got lost in the crowding. We did NOT visit the hotel, but it appeared very obvious that if you're a fond plane spotter, the wind comes from the southwest, and you've requested a room on the 3rd or 4th floor with a view on the northeast, you'll have a truly business class seat!