“JUST THE JOB” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Hoofddorp
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“JUST THE JOB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton last week and had meetings around the airport. I just cannot find fault with the hotel. The rooms were excellent. Staff very good, the location 10 minutes from the airport, excellent.

Just down the road you are on the train to Amsterdam.

Just one flaw, Breakfast was below standard however over all still 4 star.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, January 22, 2014

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had a meeting at AMS airport, and needed to overnight. The shuttle was great, the location was about 5 minutes from the airport, and was great value for the price, with internet and breakfast included.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your comments with me. We will keep on the good work and I hope to welcome / see you soon again in our hotel.

Hannover, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

6 month old hotel with already obvious signs of wear and tear. Rooms were ok only cleaning was not the best (dust, hair on the tiles, etc.). Reception staff not very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was fine but very basic. Arrival was rather poor as we were standing in front of a closed door. sliding door did not open and reception staff did not see us or did not want to see us? Also did not get why they need to run credit car pre authorization when room is fully paid. Breakfast is inclusive, wifi free of charge and there is no minibar.

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your comments with me. I will use your feedback to improve our service to our guests. I am sorry your stay was not what you expected. Hopefully you will give us a second chance.

I hope to welcome / see you soon again in our hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here while flying in/out of Schipol. Booked it as reasonable cost and good reviews on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately I arrived at the airport for the hotel shuttle at 2000 and the bus never came until 2100 when supposed to be twice an hour (Hotel is only 10 mins drive from the Airport). This was a bad start but I thought the hotel was great. Very friendly guy (Joviene) on the reception (and bar). Room was small but well appointed and very quiet, comfortable bed, I slept well. Hotel was only opened in April 2013 and still has the new look. Hampton seems to be Hilton's Budget chain and run to a similar business model as Holiday Inn Express and Premier Inn but done very well. Hotel is in an industrial area (nothing around) but for overnight stays I thought perfect. Its only 150 mts away from the train station at Hoofdorp so easy in/out of Amsterdam if you wish. Have already booked the hotel again for my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

En route from Luxembourg to England, we broke the trip in Amsterdam and stayed here. The location was a bit farther away than we would've liked, but it was clean, and the staff couldn't have been friendlier and accommodating. Only negative was that, arriving late, they didn't have much to for us to eat. However, they made up for that at breakfast. With reasonable access to the airport, decent rates, and good shuttle service, this is a hotel we can recommend

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, January 15, 2014

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I can't say enough good about this hotel. Value for money, excellent. Staff, excellent. Cleanliness, excellent and the breakfast amazing. Shuttle drivers friendly and helpful. I would not stay anywhere else BUT this hotel. The free shuttle to Schipol was so convenient. I could access all transportation modes from the airport and could hop on and shop if I just felt like doing something. This hotel deserves a much higher star rating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your comments with me. I will use your feedback to improve our service to our guests. It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We are a family of four and we paid for a jr suite that was HUGE, plenty of room for our 2 year old to run around and to give us all a little space. The windows looked out to the airport in the distance which was also a hit for the kids to watch the planes come in.
Free breakfast was fantastic....warm options (eggs, bacon) as well as various bread/rolls, cereal, cheese/sausage...something for everyone!
There is nothing around the hotel for restaurants but a short 10 minute walk brings you right into the downtown area of Hoofddorp where there are plenty of good options.
There is a train right outside the hotel that takes you quickly to Centraal Station in Amsterdam HOWEVER that is not included on the transportation day pass we purchased at the airport. So, we had to take the hotel shuttle to the airport then take a bus to the city which, all in all, was about a 45 minute trip. Had we taken the train, it would have been about 15 minutes. Speaking of the shuttle at the hotel, it was always on time and only about 5-10 minutes to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Been to Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!