Overall, a great option if you're coming in from another city in the Netherlands and have a morning flight from Schiphol, because the train station is across the street. But as a base to explore Amsterdam, you have to factor in that the train schedules and almost €9 roundtrip ticket/day.
- Access to public transport: very good - if you use the entrance/exit of Hoofddorp Station opposite of the "main" entrance, you're diagonally across the street from the hotel. You can see the hotel from the platform, so just walk to the exit in that direction.
- Room - large, comfortable, functional, with safe in the bedside table. Good aircon.
- Staff - friendly, even loaned me an umbrella when mine was stolen. But seemed really short-staffed in the morning when many tables were left uncleared at breakfast and in the evening with many check-ins when there was quite a wait to speak with someone.
- Breakfast - first time in non-US Hampton, and I really enjoyed the breakfast. The breads seemed fresh (probably delivered par-baked and finished baking in the hotel), there were cucumbers and tomato slices, packages of sliced cold cuts and cheese (including my favorite, komijnekaas, or cumin cheese), sausages, bacon, baked beans, several flavors of Activia, cereals. The thing that was similar to US properties was the "scrambled eggs" unfortunately which were just as processed-tasting and looking (it looks like dry, chopped up yellow cubes) as in the US.
- Shuttle was on-time, but be sure to make a reservation. I overheard the clerk saying that the 8am one was almost full, for example, but my shuttle at 10am only had one other passenger.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're catching a flight, you're here to discover Amsterdam, The Hague or Haarlem or you're on business nearby, count on Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol for a modern, comfortable base close to it all. Our Amsterdam hotel is located just five minutes from the airport and a 20 minute train ride from Amsterdam's city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.