“Review by a Londoner” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Philadelphia
“Review by a Londoner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the I Am Hotel and overall was not terribly impressed. Although the hotel decor is sleek and modern, the actual check-in and reception was located in a different hotel and what seemed like a different building. The staff were moderately friendly. I was shocked that there was only one ironing board available in the whole hotel and had to wait an hour before one could be sent to my room. Given that I was only in Amsterdam for one night and had a taxi waiting downstairs this was an unecessary hindrance. I then had to take my clothes to reception, obtain the keys to a generic laundry room and iron my clothes there before returning to my room. I travel for business and stay in good quality hotels all over Europe and the US so this was an annoying experience. The staff could have been more approachable and friendly. However, on the upside the rooms were excellent and very modern and welcoming. The hotel is far from the town centre and the cost of the taxi to and from central Amsterdam was another negative factor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed at I Am Hotel for one night on a business trip to Amsterdam. I was going to have meetings at the airport and while this is not a Airport Hotel, it is nearby and offer a shuttle service to and from the airport. The reception of the hotel is not that cosy (a bit old-fashioned) but the rooms are quite modern and comfortable. This was a strange week (right before the queens day) and all hotels were pretty packed - maybe because of this the price (150€+) was this high. This is not a hotel for this kind of price tag

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in hotel A4 on 15th December 2012. I have stayed in this hotel earlier as well. Though this hotel is away from the city but I found it very quiet and comfortable. Rooms are very clean with all amenities like free Wi-Fi. I did not get chance to eat in the Restaurant, so have no idea about the quality of food. A free shuttle to and from the airport after every 40 min. This hotel is the best bet for those who want to stay away from city noise and have early morning flights.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at the back-site, free view. Quit and surprisingly not that many noise from motorway and airport.
Only issue with noisy airco, which cannot switched off.
Rooms are spacious and comfortable, breakfast in van der Valk hotel had a big variety.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for a layover. Free transfer to and from airport. Rooms were new, modern, and so beautiful. We booked online, last minute, just to have a place to sleep and we were so happy that we did. It was a nice treat to sleep in a luxurious bed after spending all of our nights in one hostel after another. The price was great and the staff were so kind. We had a late night flight the next day but we were told we could store our luggage and use the spa for the day even though we were officially checked out...the spa is fantastic. We only wish we could have stayed longer. We skipped the breakfast...looked nice, but was pricy. Across the street is a great food court...nice Dutch market style restaurant upstairs. Excellent food and prices. If there was an easy way to get into he city, this would be our go to place for any future visit to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Check out Vincent's ear on the artwork in your room...clever. The lobby artwork has some quirky...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is part of the Van Der Valk A4/Schiphol hotel. It's comfortable, directly at the motorway, near the airport and brand new. Lot's of facilities, comfortable, nice restaurant and bar, and a free shuttle from/to the airport. Free wifi. Spacious rooms with balcony.

Another restaurant within walking distance too, as well as a KFC and a big 24hr service station for goodies.

Large parking, which is payable. Book a Park/Fly arrangement to save parking costs!

Bad: No coffee/tea and no fridge in the room, waiting times at reception (1 reception for the two big hotels)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Location is more to travel by schipol than to visit the city!
But this hotel is just great for the value!
Opening was in september so everything is new and clean!
Bed are amazing for Holland!
Design is very nice based on dutch stories....its really nice.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to I Am Hotel Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!