“Concierge and reception staff very arrogant, but hotel ok” 3 of 5 stars

Bastion Hotel Schiphol/Hoofddorp
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Adrianahoeve 8, 2131 MN Hoofddorp, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Turin
“Concierge and reception staff very arrogant, but hotel ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel is not bad for the room price and availability of free parking and wifi. Cleaning is also ok for a 3 stars hotel, close to the airport and to the nice town of Hoofddorp and also not far from the beach of Zandvoort and also from Amsterdam and Harlem. The breakfast is really too expensive for the price of 14 Euro a person. The reception personnel is really arrogant and give the impression to the guest of not being welcome to the hotel, of course if you ignore this, the hotel overall is ok, there is no lift so the place is not easily accessible to disabled people. Necessary is a car to get to the hotel, public transport is available, but the location is quite peripheral.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol/Hoofddorp, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies.

Maik Willems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
New Orleans LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Easy access from Schiphol via free hotel shuttle(albeit, not always timely). You can catch public transport to nearly anywhere from the airport. Room was not small by Amsterdam standards(paid much more last year for very small old place downtown). Bus stop and markets are a 15 minute walk through perfectly safe very well kept neighborhoods. Housekeeping was fine and room was reasonably comfortable. Front desk staff and shuttle drivers were helpful and professional but be aware that the schedule is not reliable. We gave ourselves an extra hour to get to the airport on departure day and were pleased that we did. All in all, a good enough hotel, a professional competent staff a good value for the money.

Room Tip: Take an end room if available, (quieter) allow extra time for the shuttles due to traffic etc., bri...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol/Hoofddorp, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again in one of our hotels.

Nice, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well, to be honest I don't have something special to say about this place.

The night cost me 44 € + 5 € tax, 49 €.

Average price for average quality of hotel. The receptionnist at night was really nice, he carry my 27kg luggage to my room very nicely.

The really bad things, is that they pretend to offer a free drink when you check in with foursquare, but in reality they don't ...

Last bad point is that the bus stop is 10min walk to the hotel, and they aren't any sidewalk ... i had to carry my luggage on the grass.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol/Hoofddorp, responded to this review, June 25, 2013

Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at Schipol after a one hour flight and waited for over one hour for a courtesy bus. First bus was small and a very irate crowd surrounded it, we were all assured that there would be a larger one along in 15 mins. It arrived but was quickly filled. The few remaining people were assured that another would be along in 5 mins. After 30 mins I used the contact phone. About 10 minutes later the last seen bus returned and took us to the Best Western Hotel where we transferred to the smaller bus we had first seen at the airport about one hour earlier! Pathetic.

Hotel was pleasant enough although the wifi stopped at about 23. 00 hrs.

Breakfast was good.

Will never, never, use again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol/Hoofddorp, responded to this review, June 18, 2013

Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed overnight in May 2013 to catch an early flight out of Schiphol. The parking lot was tight with narrow spaces - typical for Europe but difficult for an American like me to maneuver. Staff was friendly. The room was basic. It lacked convenient electrical outlets to power/recharge devices - I needed to use the bathroom outlet to recharge devices. My main complaint is that there was a mild foul odor in the bathroom - tolerable but definitely noticeable.

The hotel had a bar where there was some activity. There were not many commercial establishments in the immediate area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol/Hoofddorp, responded to this review, June 4, 2013

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

First time trip to Amsterdam for me and the girlfriend. We decided to do it on a budget and this is what we got.

Budget hotel with good facilities i.e internet smoking area etc.

Hotel was clean staff was friendly.

Free shuttle to and from the airport we couldnt complain.

We would stay their again if we was on a budget.

I would Recommend

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol/Hoofddorp, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Amsterdam.

Maik Willems

Been to Bastion Hotel Schiphol/Hoofddorp? Share your experiences!