“Nice hotel staff; Noisy room; Inflexible check-in” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Cairns
“Nice hotel staff; Noisy room; Inflexible check-in”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice so far. Hotel staff were superb, very friendly and courteous, except for one of the airport shuttle bus drivers who was quite rude for no apparent reason.

The hotel room can be noisy depending on which side of the building your room is located. One side of the building had old windows without soundproof, so you can hear the plane and road noise. The other side of the building had new windows with soundproof, and was much, much better in my opinion. However, they are more inclined to giving you rooms on the noisy side, for some reason. I stayed in twin room on both occasions. The beds were quite small, two Single beds, Not King Singles. Rooms were on the smaller side of the spectrum but very clean.

The only thing that really killed me and held me back from giving them a higher rating was when I arrived at the hotel for the first time, at 8AM, after a very long haul flight from Australia (nearly 30 hours without sleep), I was told that I had to wait for their normal check-in time at 2PM, or 1PM at the earliest. Even if I was willing to pay for early check-in, they just wouldn't do it. Imagine how tired I was by then, and had to sit around for another 5 hours to wait for check-in. (I didn't have any more energy to go sightseeings). It was pretty horrible. I wish they could be more sensitive in this regards.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, try to get a room with soundproof windows.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at BEST WESTERN Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our employees in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

Maik Willems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I passed one night in this hotel when I lost my connection in Amsterdam

The room is very clean, towels sheets and shower

The internet is good

The staff are sooo friendly the restaurant is very nice the food is delicious too

The room had a garden view and a balcony

But it is far from the city it is 10 minutes from the airport

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

I hope to meet you again in one of the hotels from the Bastion Hotel Groep.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 5 people before flying the next morning overseas. The hotel is nice and all renewed but there are parking problems, they are still finishing the outside so at 6am the drilling and machinery start. This really should have been advised before we booked!! So really, I would advise to anyone booking this hotel to make sure to check when the renovations are finished!
Other than that, the hotel is lovely apart from the fact that there are only single beds in every room.

• Stayed September 2013

Chengdu, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here a few years ago and then it was ok. Today we have the exact same room / suite and things look bad.
Had to wait a long time for the shuttle bus at the airport and then initially could not get on. Traveling with two small kids means you do not move as fast as the business travelers and then the bus was full. Luckily the next bus came right away.
Check in was slow. I had done internet check in which should mean that there is a separate queue, but no such thing. So again at the back of the queue.

Room is run down. Nothing suite. Should not be given that name. Ripped furniture, ac remote hanging from wall and broken. Table pulled put of the wall and nails sticking out. Air filter not cleaned in donkey years. Expect more and better from best western.
Next time the NH hotel across the street. Would recommend that to all.
Avoid this place until it has been renovated, which is grossly overdue.

• Stayed September 2013

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel is like a very expensive filthy and noisy hostel! We have never ever experienced such a bad hotel with Best Western.OR EVER ! ! ! This was the worst experience ever, from the check-in till the check-out! The rooms are small, filthy, dusty and noisy! There was sperm on the night cupboards near the bed and dust in corners and filters. The shower was dirty, full with hair and , doors, even the phone, and cupboards, clock, desk was greasy and had fingers everywhere!
The bathroom looked like a fallen hospital bathroom! The views were awful and the noise of the planes were heard constantly!
The manager, Bernard, was unfriendly, unprofessional and lied to us as well! He did absolutely nothing for guests! Other staff tried to patch things up for him, cause he was rude as well!
The breakfast was not worth, burned coffee from the machine, staff touched food with their hands, mixed fish (salmon) and other food together and when you enter the breakfast room, you get immediately asked about eggs, which also gave a bad smell right into the hallway...the assistant manager was giggling with the girls and nothing much was happening! There is no management at all! Also, this hotel is in the middle of nowhere and the shuttle bus doesn't always come...
It was the worst hotel we ever stayed in and we will never ever return to this hotel again and starting to wonder about Best Western!

SO ! WE ARE WARNING ALL TOURISTS HAVING ANY INTENTION/s VISITING THE FACILITY ! DO NOT GO THERE ! ! !

Room Tip: Expensive filthy and noisy hostel!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at BEST WESTERN Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Following your review comments regarding our Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel we wish to take this opportunity and thank you for your time and effort to inform us of your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this supports us to improve areas required to ensure we do exceed our guests expectations. Please do accept our apologies for the lack of service that affected your enjoyment of your stay and disturbing experience with our employee. Please rest assured that these topics are being evaluated with our management team.

The Bastion hotel group strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest and despite your unpleasant stay at our Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel. We do hope to welcome you again in one of our other hotels.

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Mitchel van Dijk
E-Commerce
Richmond, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Older Best Western very close to airport planes taking off and landing late into evening and all morning. Lobby and restaurant are comfortable. Rooms are very small but functional single beds
bathroom is spacious and clean. Unfortunately the planes taking off and the cleaning team insisting on knocking at my door to clean my room at 9:30 didn't give me a very good sleep. The worst part when i finally got up and opened the door they brushed me off and said it was a mistake. Free shuttle every 30 minute to and from airport.If you need a Big Mac its right across the parking lot.

Room Tip: Don't face the airport runway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at BEST WESTERN Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2013

Haelen, Limburg, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean and contain everything what was needed. Parking was for free, even when my car stayed there during my trip. Breakfast is sufficient, nothing special. Would come here again if I have to travel from schiphol airport early morning.
It was quite hard to find by car, but look for the bastion hotel and beside this hotel is the best western.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at BEST WESTERN Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again in one of the hotels from the Bastion Hotel Groep.

Maik Willems

Been to BEST WESTERN Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!