“Perfect stay for an early flight” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Best Western Rewards Rate
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Struisbaai, South Africa
“Perfect stay for an early flight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here having to spend the night in transit going back home. The Free shuttle bus is great, although it doesn't run exactly every hour as they state on the bus stop. Hotel room very clean and lacks nothing. Very large bathroom with all the amenities you can want. Hotel Pub, an great place to unwind after a long flight. The hotel restaurant is average. Food is good althougn quite pricy and the serveice not too great. Overall a great stay, and yes, I would recommend the hotel as well as stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at BEST WESTERN Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Amsterdam.

Maik Willems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Scotland UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Following cancellation of a KLM flight and rerouting by them making a 1hour 20 minute journey last over 6 hours, we arrived at the Best Western School Airport very tired and in a somewhat bad frame of mind.

I can not recommend this hotel more highly. The free shuttle bus from the airport works well and had a most helpful driver. The wonderful Receptionist at check in must have sensed that we had had a very bad day and went out of her way to be welcoming and attentive. The restaurant served a pleasant meal even at 10pm. The room was clean comfortable and had everything that we needed. The provision of a dedicated comfortable and pleasant smoking lounge in the hotel is a welcome facility for smokers, much better that having to stand out in rain and wind as one has to at so many hotels! The breakfast was good with again charming and helpful staff. The housekeeping staff again were efficient, helpful and friendly.

For a “transit” hotel obviously used by people going in and out of Schipol Airport the staff go out of their way to be helpful, friendly, welcoming and charming and are a credit to the best Western Group.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Amsterdam.

Latvia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Rooms are ok. Food is alright. Nevertheless, the service I wish was better that it's! There are still issues with restaurant service and cooking time: this time there were few complaints from other tables excluding mine about waiting on food time (becoming a tradition); and they totally forgot about my beer (would't get it if didn't ask for a second time).
In addition, the reception can be too slow.

I hope it can be solved, as our company books this hotel on a routine basis. Nevertheless, we'll switch to another hotel if complaints continue to come.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies ,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel and there was no record of my booking. The hotel kindly moved me to their sister hotel. However, the room was of poorer quality, the facilities at the hotel were below those of this hotel (no leisure facilities) and the hotel was locaed on the outskirts of Hoofddorp, nowhere near to the shops, restaurants or location I needed to be. I paid the price that I should have paid in the original hotel and after one month of my complaints being ignored, I have now been told that I'm entitled to no discount or refund due to the provision of a room somewhere else. I disagree with the way that the hotel staff have handled this, and hope nobody else experiences these difficulties.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Hi! I stayed at Amsterdam for a day while I was in transit and I looked at the hotel and got the executive room. The halls are confusing to be seen which took me a long time to actually find it. Also, it provides LAN. The breakfast is also great!

Room Tip: Order executive room. Very huge and provides good facility and a nice view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was a surprisingly good place for an airport stop-over. The room was spacious and comfy for a solo traveler.

Pretty good bathroom (inelegant by my usual standards, but nice-sized). I am generally accustomed to a few more amenities, but realize it is basically an airport hotel.

Best of all were the restaurant and bar-----a nice varied menu with a friendly staff. I felt the prices were low, but for those on a budget there is within walking distance some U.S.-chain fast-food type of places.

There is one free computer in the lobby, so printing those boarding-passes isn't an issue....at least it wasn't for me; there was someone waiting for the computer but once I printed my boarding-pass I am not the type of person who hangs out looking at email.

Optimism: Restaurant and bar were a happy surprise, and the shuttle to the airport was free-----but one has to make a booking.

Pessimism: The lights in the hallways only go on via motion-----i.e. when one gets off the lift, or one opens one's room-door. There is an inevitable half-second-delay, which I found creepy-----and indicative of a "cheap" hotel (which it was, at a mere $115/night)!!!

Bottom line for me is that I would only stay here again if my husband is with me........just because as when I travel solo I want a safer-feeling experience regarding hallway-lights.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!