“Clean, reliable shuttle, would come back.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Appleton, WI
“Clean, reliable shuttle, would come back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Positives: It was clean, the shuttle was reliable, and it was near the airport. The only negatives I have is the fact that the breakfast is overpriced (walk to the McDonalds next door) and the internet is beyond slow. The internet is capped at 256kb/sec (early-2000s slow DSL speed in the US) AND 100mb a session. I understand they don't want to give you unlimited high speed.... so they can sell the premium speed... but this is the 201x's! Do away with the 100mb cap! I'll tolerate slow internet as long as I don't have to watch the counter worried that I'm about to go over my 100mb for the day.

The staff was friendly when I interacted with them. I would have liked to have been able to open the window but I'll deal with it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gilboa, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Overpriced for an airless airport hotel: the windows can not be opened. Far from the airport, shopping or dining, making a layover a bore. One is trapped to an overpriced breakfast. There is free shuttle service. Pick a different one for your layover, and do not stay here to visit Amsterdam.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Positives:
free transport from and to the airport, quiet rooms, good bed, really good breakfast
Others:
good just for spending a night, rooms are ok but rather tired, however mainly corridors do not look welcoming

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
NHSchipholAiport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the trust given to our hotel and spending the time to place a comment on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you appreciated the shuttle service we offer, the quiteness in the rooms, the bed and our breakfast.

On the other hand, I am pleased to inform you that all standard rooms as well as some of the public areas will be renovated by the end of this year. This will have a major impact on the look and feel of the hotel, so please feel free to visit us again if you are curious regarding the changes!

Sir, thank you again for your comments, please note that I retain at your entire disposal for any further information you may require.

The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here only one night when I was in transit in Amsterdam. The hotel is located very closely from Schiphol airport and has a free subtle that picks you up at the airport every 30 min and also brings you from the hotel to the airport every 15min starting at 6 am (make sure to tell them early enough that you want to take the subtle to the airport at a certain time or you have the risk it will be full).
When I arrive the check in lady was not very friendly and didn't add my miles card to my room. I asked about this the next morning and it had not been added, they said they would do it but so far it hash't been done.
The room was ok, nothing fancy but clean and the woof was not working all that well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sir,

I am pleased to hear that you appreciated the shuttle service we offer. Indeed, we ask our guests to make a reservation up front, as that way we can guarantee them a seat. On the other hand, working with a reservation system for the shuttle service allows us to adapt to the demand (i.e. use of extra busses during peak hours).

I am very sorry that one of our colleagues has been unfriendly to you. Besides, I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the fact that your card was not linked to your room. In case it concerns our loyalty program, NH Rewards, please reply to me as soon as possible so I can make sure your points regarding this stay will be linked to your account.

Furstenfeldbruck, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We had chosen the hotel because it is close to the Schiphol airport from where we had to leave very early the next morning to continue the trip to our final holiday destination and it was also cheaper than the hotels directly at the airport (it's about a 5 minutes by car from Schiphol). This may not have been the fanciest place we have ever stayed but it was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and there was a free transfer to and from the airport every 30 minutes so that we could see a little bit of the town during our stopover day. They even have free wifi.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms.,

I am pleased to hear that you appreaciated the friendliness of our staff, the cleanliness, the hotel's closeness to the airport and the free shuttle service we offer.

On the other hand, I am glad to inform you that all standard rooms as well as public areas will be renovated by the end of the year, which will have a major impact on the look and feel of our hotel. Feel free to visit us again if you are curious to see the change!

Ms., thank you again for your comments, please note that I retain at your entire disposal for any further information you may require.

Best regards,

Hotel Director
NH Schiphol Airpor
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

They are advertising as a 4 star hotel in most US websites but this place is worst than some motels.
The staffs are friendly and they try to accommodate you but the rooms are so old and dirty.
The internet is so slow and you need to get user/pass every 2 hours.
If you bid around $50 on Priceline most likely you are going to get it for that price. They have so many rooms and they need to fill it up. I won't stay there anymore.
Also if you go on Priceline and pick 4 stars hotel, Most likely you get the NH Hotel and Priceline won't refund you.

Room Tip: If you want to stay nearby the Airport. Stay at Sheraton or go to Hotwire.com and pick walking dista...