“Good service, ok rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
ginevra
“Good service, ok rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Very kind and punctual service, from the breakfast in the room to the reception, however just average room as quite old, thankfully big, with heating not working mid October. I called and got instructions, however it still did not heat no matter which program I would use, at 10 pm I did not want to get people in the room to check it so I just accepted it.
Breakfast and dinner a bit pricey for a 3star hotel but very good quality.
10 mins drive from the airport with free shuttle, far from the center if you go for visiting, ok to transit.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was expecting a typical airport hotel and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room- not a 5 star but definitely a high 4. My room was spacious with tasteful decor, a large tub with lots of hot water, huge towels and decent citrus based toiletries. It was certainly extremely clean and the staff I had interactions with were all courteous and professional.
The wireless internet was strong, fast and reliable and I only heard one plane in the 24 hours I was there and it was not loud.
I did ask for the new building as I had read about differing experiences so perhaps the more disappointed reviewers were put elsewhere.
The wireless is free and I am also pleased to report the airport shuttle return fee has been revised and both ways are now FREE. There is also now a reservation system in place for the shuttle so you must book ahead for the return but this insures there is no longer any pushing and shoving for a seat and no one gets left behind.
Also a good tip - when waiting at the airport for the shuttle to the hotel, if the Best Western/Bastion shuttle bus comes first you can hop on that, as I did and it will take you a stones throw from the NH Schiphol next door, which will enable you to be the only person at the check in counter.
The only down side for me was the breakfast service - they only have 2 options - a 21euro set price or a 25 euro room service meal. They ask you at check in your preference and I opted out as there is fresh coffee (free) in the lobby all morning as well as instant in the room and decent restaurants at the airport serving breakfast. I had some fruit and nuts with me until I got back to the airport but there is also a McDonalds across the street. Hopefully in the future, if there are enough requests, they will start an a la carte breakfast menu in the hotel restaurant.
Otherwise it was all good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building. Also the airport shuttle is now free both ways. Have free coffee...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Karmsund
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a typical airport hotel. Though the rooms are rather old-fashioned and quite poorly cleaned, especially the bathroom (at least in my case).

We arrived late and just in time to have the buffet in the restaurant before it closed. The food was ok, but considering the price not worth it.

Check in was done fast and I received a code for the wifi without having to ask for it.

Since we had an early flight from AMS the next morning I went early for breakfast. What to say about the breakfast? Nothing really, just another plain hotel breakfast without any special treats.

Checking out was also fast and without any hick-ups.

We intended to take the airport shuttle bus to Schiphol. However the first and second one were filled up with groups of tourists, and by that time we actually realized that we were going to be late if we had to wait for yet another shuttle, hence had to take the first available taxi instead. So the shuttle bus arrangements did not turn to be a big success.

The best thing about this hotel is that the room I got had a really nice and comfortable bed, apart from that not much positive to say

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
La Plata, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a modern, nice designed, very convenient located hotel.

It is a 4 story hotel with big, modern king size beds rooms. Well equipped (coffe maker, safe box, hair drier hot tub, etc).

It has an ample lobby and huge revolving door.

I had to recognised that I got a very cheep rate over a booking site, BUT even that I think that 22 euros for a breakfast is at least a bit expensive.

Room Tip: Less than a hundred meters there is a Mac Donalds
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dunbar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Visited in the week. Unfortunately there was a hotel wide problem and no hot water for the bathrooms in the morning. So ended up having a cold shower and boiled kettle water for shaving. Second day the problem was resolved. I like this hotel overall but based on price and what happened don't feel inclined to stay again. Hotel offered a free drink the bar because of the water issue which I thought was marginal gesture.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

What a horrible hotel.

The service at reception is rude and unhelpful.

The rooms are ancient, they are well worn with horrible bedspreads and chipped furniture.

The restuarnat is over priced with a €35 buffet that has brown lettuce and only two main course choices of fish or chicken. At breakfast I had to go through 6 breakfast bowls before I found a clean one and that was on the day that there was bowls, the previous day I ate my yoghurt and granola off a plate.

When I complained about my room I was told that I would have to pay to upgrade to a better room despite my company being loyal customers of the hotel for many years. I waited until the end of the day to ask again about an upgrade and got a free upgraded room which was newly decorated and like staying in a different hotel in comparison to the earlier room. While the upgraded room was nice, it seemed strange that the hotel had gone to great lengths to redecorate the top floor and improve the overall appearence of that floor yet they had only put in a small 20" television and a dreadful low pressure shower.

There is a good shuttle service to and from the airport but it is a very small bus which resulted in people not getting a seat many times.

I think I would choose another hotel if I have to revist this area.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the top floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had to wait 23 hours to my connecting flight and I didn't want to spend that time at the Amsterdam airport since it was time to get ready for bed so I got a room at this airport hotel. At first I was rather skeptical because I wasn't sure how good an airport hotel can be. But I was happily surprised, it looked very homey and the bed was so comfortable and customer service impeccable. Very satisfied. Since it was a complementary stay of my airline, I have no idea how much is the room per night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!