“Typical airport hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Hoofddorp
Karmsund
“Typical airport hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a typical airport hotel. Though the rooms are rather old-fashioned and quite poorly cleaned, especially the bathroom (at least in my case).

We arrived late and just in time to have the buffet in the restaurant before it closed. The food was ok, but considering the price not worth it.

Check in was done fast and I received a code for the wifi without having to ask for it.

Since we had an early flight from AMS the next morning I went early for breakfast. What to say about the breakfast? Nothing really, just another plain hotel breakfast without any special treats.

Checking out was also fast and without any hick-ups.

We intended to take the airport shuttle bus to Schiphol. However the first and second one were filled up with groups of tourists, and by that time we actually realized that we were going to be late if we had to wait for yet another shuttle, hence had to take the first available taxi instead. So the shuttle bus arrangements did not turn to be a big success.

The best thing about this hotel is that the room I got had a really nice and comfortable bed, apart from that not much positive to say

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

578 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
La Plata, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a modern, nice designed, very convenient located hotel.

It is a 4 story hotel with big, modern king size beds rooms. Well equipped (coffe maker, safe box, hair drier hot tub, etc).

It has an ample lobby and huge revolving door.

I had to recognised that I got a very cheep rate over a booking site, BUT even that I think that 22 euros for a breakfast is at least a bit expensive.

Room Tip: Less than a hundred meters there is a Mac Donalds
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dunbar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Visited in the week. Unfortunately there was a hotel wide problem and no hot water for the bathrooms in the morning. So ended up having a cold shower and boiled kettle water for shaving. Second day the problem was resolved. I like this hotel overall but based on price and what happened don't feel inclined to stay again. Hotel offered a free drink the bar because of the water issue which I thought was marginal gesture.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

What a horrible hotel.

The service at reception is rude and unhelpful.

The rooms are ancient, they are well worn with horrible bedspreads and chipped furniture.

The restuarnat is over priced with a €35 buffet that has brown lettuce and only two main course choices of fish or chicken. At breakfast I had to go through 6 breakfast bowls before I found a clean one and that was on the day that there was bowls, the previous day I ate my yoghurt and granola off a plate.

When I complained about my room I was told that I would have to pay to upgrade to a better room despite my company being loyal customers of the hotel for many years. I waited until the end of the day to ask again about an upgrade and got a free upgraded room which was newly decorated and like staying in a different hotel in comparison to the earlier room. While the upgraded room was nice, it seemed strange that the hotel had gone to great lengths to redecorate the top floor and improve the overall appearence of that floor yet they had only put in a small 20" television and a dreadful low pressure shower.

There is a good shuttle service to and from the airport but it is a very small bus which resulted in people not getting a seat many times.

I think I would choose another hotel if I have to revist this area.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the top floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had to wait 23 hours to my connecting flight and I didn't want to spend that time at the Amsterdam airport since it was time to get ready for bed so I got a room at this airport hotel. At first I was rather skeptical because I wasn't sure how good an airport hotel can be. But I was happily surprised, it looked very homey and the bed was so comfortable and customer service impeccable. Very satisfied. Since it was a complementary stay of my airline, I have no idea how much is the room per night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Eindhoven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Plan extra time from the hotel to the airport because the shuttle can only take 7 or 8 and r/t back to the hotel takes 30 minutes. Check-in and out is much faster than at other NH hotels. The staff is accommodating of special requests including assistance in locating your room - which can be confusing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a perfectly fine hotel, particularly for an airport hotel. Typical European breakfast, beds, and room size. However, watch out for the shuttle. At around 10 PM I was waiting for the shuttle from the airport for half an hour. When it came, it filled up so quickly I couldn't get on. The driver said he would be back in 15 minutes. Then why did it take over half an hour for him to come in the first place? Three of us ended up sharing a cab, which is about the same cost as the 5 Euro for the shuttle.

When I checked in, they did give me a complimentary ticket for the shuttle for the next morning after I explained what had happened. They also said it was not a problem getting on the shuttle in the morning, and there was no need for reservations. Well, I had the same problem. The shuttle arrived, and it filled up. I had to wait 15 minutes for the next one. When it arrived I had to be rude to make sure that I didn't get shut out again, as some late arriving people tried to get on first.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to NH Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!