“A comfortable hotel near Amsterdam airport” 4 of 5 stars

$25 Credit
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denpasar, Bali
“A comfortable hotel near Amsterdam airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I had a good stay at this Courtyard Amsterdam Airport earlier in the year. Room is comfotable but nothing fancy. Staff is excellent, especially the shuttle bus drivers. It is a 10 minutes drive by a half-free hotel shuttle bus. I said half-free because the shuttle is free for any incoming riders, but any outgoing riders must pay. Certainly a unique arrangement. The shuttle is only one of 2 options for private car-less visitors to get to Amsterdam. The other option being the regional bus service from a bus stop across the street. The shuttle bus will take you to Amsterdam Schiphol airport, a multi mode transport hub, where you can board the express train to Amsterdam city center or hop on bus services to nearby towns as well as Amsterdam itself. Dining options are limited to 2 food outlets in the hotel complex.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you very much for staying at the Courtyard!

Thank you for being our guest and we are very happy that you feel at home with us. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back with us for yet another visit.

Many thanks also on behalf of the team here at Courtyard.

Warm regards,

Martijn Beekhuis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The hotel itself was as great as you would expect from any stay at a Courtyard. The staff were helpful and spoke English well. They have a Papa's Beach House India Pale Ale available in the mini store for exorbitant prices (4 euro), but it's actually a great tasting beer, according to my husband, so he had at least one each night we stayed.

This hotel is not so very convenient for sightseeing in Amsterdam. Since we had a car, we drove to the Park & Ride parking lot and rode the train into town. It was fast and efficient riding the train, but not so easy driving to the P&R/train station.

For the price we paid to stay at the Courtyard, it was convenient enough. However, when you add the cost of internet per night, the 4 euro beer, etc. I might have preferred to stay in town and skip the daily drive to the P&R.

If you're wanting to see Haarlem, however, this hotel is quite close. Haarlem is a wonderful little city, with the great, old brewery that collaborated with the Marriott to create the yummy IPA. The town was very cute, the bakeries and cafes had excellent food. It's worth a visit, especially if you're staying at this Courtyard by Marriott!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the comment on the tripadvisor website.

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as this is the reason why we come to work every day.

Hoping to be able to welkcome you again in our hotel soon.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I'm a 76 year old woman perfectly fine to travel alone, but with the aid of a walking stick. To make this story short, I forgot at the Marriott Hotel downtown my walking stick and asked them to send it to the Courtyard a few days after since I was going to come back from a trip to Marrocco (in route to Mexico). My stick was supposed to be delivered by Fedex on a Friday and because of X reason didn't happened. On Sunday, while I was doing check in at the hotel, the manager explained to me that my walking stick hadn't been delivered, but the hotel had prepared one for me. This made my stay absolutely confortable and manageble. I was surprised by the detail attention and willingness to collaborate from the staff. They where all concerned of my situation and helped my retrieve my walking stick before my next trip. All service was great! Many thanks to the Courtyard Amsterdam staff for making my stay absolutely pleasant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear mrs Reyles,

Thank you so much for your posting on TripAdvisor. I hope you experienced a safe trip back home after your departure in our hotel.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and our hotel. I hope we will be able to welcome you in our hotel again.

Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I flew in from Vienna at 11pm and had a 9am flight out of Schiphol the next morning. The shuttle was on time and easy to find. It is a bit of a ride to the hotel but so it goes. The night manager greeted me, quickly checked me in and recommended which shuttle I should take in the morning to have time to make my flight.

After dropping my bags in my room (which had a printer for some reason) I went down to the bar/restaurant and had a beer, some nachos and some pizza. The service in the bar was exceptional including the bartender pacing out my meal so that I could enjoy everything without feeling rushed. The food was good and the local beers interested.

The rooms were average Courtyard rooms with typical amenities. Nothing fancy and nice enough. So overall great service and good quality hotel.

Room Tip: No advice from me on this one as I don't know which rooms are better than others.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, Rooms Operations Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for posting the nice comment on your stay in our hotel. it's valuable for us to receive this information. I will inform my F&B manager about the service you received to let his staff be known that you had a great experience. The printer is placed in our business pro superior rooms. These rooms have a few extra amenties for the business traveler that can be used free of charge when booking this room.

I am glad you enjoyed the stay and hope to be able to welkcome you in our hotel again in the near future.

Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Hotel was great, but I am a platinum member of marriott, I am entitled to an upgrade, free breakfast, etc. They told me upgrade was not available. I went up to room, checked reservation site and upgradable rooms were available to book on website. They claimed there were none. I had also phoned before hand. I was told since I was not using shuttle (for which they charge everyone except platinum members), they would cover parking, They did not. Added 20+ euro's per day. Good hotel, but don't call yourself marriott if you are not willing to honour the marriott program I am sheraton equivalent,so will likely stay there on my trip next month. Can's wait to see manger's response to this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Deat sir/madam,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry that your stay was not entirely what you had expected.

As you are a platinum member the shuttle should be offered to you, however the breakfast is only included for platinum members in full service hotels and not in the courtyard brand.

Corrently I not see enough details to retrieve your reservation in our system. but I would like to get in contact to see how we can resolve your complaint.

Looking forward to be in contact with you. my e-mail is: erwin.van.altena@claus.nl

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The property is an airport hotel though it takes quite some time to reach there. The shuttle runs on a regular basis but sometimes you have to wait 30 mins to 1 hour for it, then travel time would be around 15 mins. Prior to our arrival, we emailed the hotel asking information about the shuttle and they were quick to reply. We were informed that we should pay the driver directly upon taking the shuttle. When we tried to pay the driver, he was surprised and told us they dont accept payment. It was only then at the front desk it was clarified that we get to have a day pass and it's charged to the room. A bit confusing but not a big deal. We didn't wait that long to get our room though it still early to check-in. What we liked about the hotel is the spacious room with separate standing shower and bath tub. It's very seldom to get both for a standard room here in europe. Overall, the stay was very pleasant. We would love to stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, Rooms Operations Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear sir/madam,

Thank you for the review that you have left on the tripadvisor page.

Every day we work hard to make the stay of our guests memorable and we take great pride in it if we succeed.
I will pass on the information to my colleagues so we can maintain the service level and standards oft the rooms as they are at the moment.

It is our pleasure to hopefully welcome you in our hotel again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Let me begin with the good things. The rooms are very nice. They are large, well laid out and my room had two very comfortable double beds. The bathroom is well designed with a bath and separate showers and really nice tiled floor.
Also the staff at check in and in e bar were efficient and very friendly.
Now let me focus on the less good. The airport is 15 minutes by transfer bus so I would question if this is really an airport hotel. Also the bus service is very limited. For example there is a bus at 7pm and then not another one until 8.30. I was lucky to wait only 15 minutes but I spoke to someone who had waited over an hour.
I ate in the bar and the food was very disappointing. A BLT on soggy white bread with not much filling. The red wine was also not very good.
If the bus service is improved then I will use this hotel again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, Rooms Operation Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you for posting the review on the tripadvisor website.
It's always nice to see people enjoyed the service we try to deliver.

I also have seen your points op negative critisism.
The shuttle service we provide is currently every 30 minute sin the morning and evening, in the afternoon once per hour. An alternative option is the public transport from the airport bus 300 leaving every 8 minutes to and from the airport taking 15 minutes to arrive like our hotelshuttle and stops just opposite of our hotel.

The latest hotel shuttle timetable can always be found on our website: www.claus.nl

I hope you will reconsider our hotel for a next stay.

Thank you very much.

Rooms Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Courtyard Amsterdam Arena Atlas
#107 of 355 in Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 stars 30 reviews
Vondelpark
Marriott Amsterdam
Marriott Amsterdam
#68 of 355 in Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 stars 1,827 reviews

Been to Courtyard Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!