“Quick stay - great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
GreenLeadersSilver level
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, United States
“Quick stay - great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I flew in from Vienna at 11pm and had a 9am flight out of Schiphol the next morning. The shuttle was on time and easy to find. It is a bit of a ride to the hotel but so it goes. The night manager greeted me, quickly checked me in and recommended which shuttle I should take in the morning to have time to make my flight.

After dropping my bags in my room (which had a printer for some reason) I went down to the bar/restaurant and had a beer, some nachos and some pizza. The service in the bar was exceptional including the bartender pacing out my meal so that I could enjoy everything without feeling rushed. The food was good and the local beers interested.

The rooms were average Courtyard rooms with typical amenities. Nothing fancy and nice enough. So overall great service and good quality hotel.

Room Tip: No advice from me on this one as I don't know which rooms are better than others.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, Rooms Operations Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for posting the nice comment on your stay in our hotel. it's valuable for us to receive this information. I will inform my F&B manager about the service you received to let his staff be known that you had a great experience. The printer is placed in our business pro superior rooms. These rooms have a few extra amenties for the business traveler that can be used free of charge when booking this room.

I am glad you enjoyed the stay and hope to be able to welkcome you in our hotel again in the near future.

Erwin van Altena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Hotel was great, but I am a platinum member of marriott, I am entitled to an upgrade, free breakfast, etc. They told me upgrade was not available. I went up to room, checked reservation site and upgradable rooms were available to book on website. They claimed there were none. I had also phoned before hand. I was told since I was not using shuttle (for which they charge everyone except platinum members), they would cover parking, They did not. Added 20+ euro's per day. Good hotel, but don't call yourself marriott if you are not willing to honour the marriott program I am sheraton equivalent,so will likely stay there on my trip next month. Can's wait to see manger's response to this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Deat sir/madam,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry that your stay was not entirely what you had expected.

As you are a platinum member the shuttle should be offered to you, however the breakfast is only included for platinum members in full service hotels and not in the courtyard brand.

Corrently I not see enough details to retrieve your reservation in our system. but I would like to get in contact to see how we can resolve your complaint.

Looking forward to be in contact with you. my e-mail is: erwin.van.altena@claus.nl

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

The property is an airport hotel though it takes quite some time to reach there. The shuttle runs on a regular basis but sometimes you have to wait 30 mins to 1 hour for it, then travel time would be around 15 mins. Prior to our arrival, we emailed the hotel asking information about the shuttle and they were quick to reply. We were informed that we should pay the driver directly upon taking the shuttle. When we tried to pay the driver, he was surprised and told us they dont accept payment. It was only then at the front desk it was clarified that we get to have a day pass and it's charged to the room. A bit confusing but not a big deal. We didn't wait that long to get our room though it still early to check-in. What we liked about the hotel is the spacious room with separate standing shower and bath tub. It's very seldom to get both for a standard room here in europe. Overall, the stay was very pleasant. We would love to stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, Rooms Operations Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear sir/madam,

Thank you for the review that you have left on the tripadvisor page.

Every day we work hard to make the stay of our guests memorable and we take great pride in it if we succeed.
I will pass on the information to my colleagues so we can maintain the service level and standards oft the rooms as they are at the moment.

It is our pleasure to hopefully welcome you in our hotel again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Let me begin with the good things. The rooms are very nice. They are large, well laid out and my room had two very comfortable double beds. The bathroom is well designed with a bath and separate showers and really nice tiled floor.
Also the staff at check in and in e bar were efficient and very friendly.
Now let me focus on the less good. The airport is 15 minutes by transfer bus so I would question if this is really an airport hotel. Also the bus service is very limited. For example there is a bus at 7pm and then not another one until 8.30. I was lucky to wait only 15 minutes but I spoke to someone who had waited over an hour.
I ate in the bar and the food was very disappointing. A BLT on soggy white bread with not much filling. The red wine was also not very good.
If the bus service is improved then I will use this hotel again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, Rooms Operation Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you for posting the review on the tripadvisor website.
It's always nice to see people enjoyed the service we try to deliver.

I also have seen your points op negative critisism.
The shuttle service we provide is currently every 30 minute sin the morning and evening, in the afternoon once per hour. An alternative option is the public transport from the airport bus 300 leaving every 8 minutes to and from the airport taking 15 minutes to arrive like our hotelshuttle and stops just opposite of our hotel.

The latest hotel shuttle timetable can always be found on our website: www.claus.nl

I hope you will reconsider our hotel for a next stay.

Thank you very much.

League City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here while transiting the Amsterdam airport. Located adjacent to a large park where walking/jogging/biking is king. A full bar and restaurant is onsite. The food at dinner and breakfast was surprisingly good. The front desk and other staff are very attentive to your needs. Our room and bathroom were large by European standards and very quiet.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a business room in the tower if available.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sir/madam,

Thank you very much for the comment on the tripadvisor website.

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as this is the reason why we come to work every day.

Hoping to be able to welkcome you again in our hotel soon.

somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Lovely first class hotel, spotless lovely spacious rooms. Please bear in mind by bus and train it takes an hour if all connections tie up 1 hour to get to Amsterdam city. Harlem near by 15 mins on bus is a lovely town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/madam,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to your stay.
It's great to hear that our guests enjoy the product that we with all our team try to make as good as possible.

Hoping to see you again in our property.

Rooms Operations manager
NY,NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My friend I traveled here for 3 nights thinking we could easily commute into/out of the city to enjoy the sights of Amsterdam. The hotel itself is lovely but going back and forth proved to be a real hassle. You must first take a 15-20 minute shuttle bus to/from the hotel to the airport, which runs every 30 minutes or so, and then get on the train from the airport into the city. On the plus side, there is a supermarket in the airport and free Wifi so it's not so bad hanging out but I definitely would not stay here again if my objective is to spend time in Amsterdam proper. For an airport hotel though, I couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear sir/madam,

Thank you for the review that you have left on the tripadvisor page.

It is our pleasure to hopefully welcome you in our hotel again.

Martijn Beekhuis

Been to Courtyard Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!