I did not choose this hotel. My flight was delayed and I missed my connection so KLM put me there and paid the bill. Usually if you get sent to the airline-imposed hotel, the experience is not so wonderful, however this time the hotel was way above my expectations.
First the shuttlebus driver (man from Leiden) was extremely helpful, polite, warm, just like a dirver should be. A short trip brought us to a quiet, green area near the airport that did not feel like it was near the airport. Hotel is part of the Claus leiser and meeting facility with restaurants and bowling nearby. Hotel reception staff were very polite and efficient and did not treat me any differently because I had a Airline voucher, which can happen sometimes. The receptionist was helpful and thought ahead to give me my shuttle bus ticket for the next morning according to my flkight time. The lobby and bar and breakffast room are tastefully decorated and were scrupulously clean. Free wifi in the lobby, bar and breakfast room.
Room was quite large for European standard and was nothing special, but all was very clean, comfortable, especially the large bathroom with rear tub and nice shower with plenty of hot water. AC was quiet. sheets were very good quality. Room windows opened to let in fresh air. I slept with the windows opened and did not hear a sound. My breakfast was included, so I went the breakfast room when it opened at 6:30 I was warmly greeted by staff and the quality of all the food was way above the usual chain hotel fare. I mean the juice was fresh-squeezed, the butter was real, bread and croissants were fresh, coffee was tasty. Fresh fruits served were all ripe and they had read cheesecake that was fabulous. I have been to many hotels during my carreer and the breakfast in this hotel was planned and prepared by someone who cares about quality. I used the public toilets near the reception and they were very clean. There was even a dispenser to disinfect your toilet seat with alcohol. Checkout was fast, polite and efficient and the shuttle bus trip back to the airport was exactly on time. Driver was an older fellow and again just and polite and efficient as he could be.
I was very impressed with the this hotel that got all the small details right. It was very much appreciated. If you get stuck in the Amsterdam Airport, or have business nearby, then I can highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When staying at this 4-star hotel, you would never imagine you are just 12 minutes from the airport. Set within a serene park near a beautiful lake, the hotel is in good reach of Amsterdam and Haarlem. The hotel offers first-class spacious rooms that include luxury bedding and free Internet access. After a busy day, take a walk in the park and catch up with friends and colleagues in our onsite restaurant or bar. Next door you will enjoy a game of bowling at Claus Bowling or you can place your bets at the casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel, Marriott, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard Amsterdam Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Amsterdam Airport Hotel Hoofddorp
- Courtyard Hotel Amsterdam Airport
- Courtyard Hotel Hoofddorp
- Hoofddorp Courtyard