“Wonderful experience at the Courtyard Amsterdam.” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience at the Courtyard Amsterdam.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I recently stayed for 3 days at the Courtyard and I enjoyed every minute of my stay at the hotel. The staff are all very friendly, from the shuttle bus driver to the bar tenders. I will definitely be back at the Courtyard, but this time with my whole family so we can all experience the friendly and personalized service of the staff at the Courtyard.
The rooms are clean and very spacious and the allowed me to have an early check-in. The breakfast was superb and is truly a good value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear JCJAZZYJEFF,

Thank you very much for your stay with us.

It gives me great pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your visit.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are lokking forward to have you back with us soon.

Team Courtyard by Marriott Amsterdam Airport and
Roger Langhout, General Manager,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

When we arrived, we were thinking that this hotel was quite a ways from the airport but there was no problem reaching the airport with the shuttle provided by the hotel (we drove up but wanted to take the train into Amsterdam from the airport). There were regular shuttles to and from the airport. The shuttle service costs 5 euros per person (not sure if the charge applies if you arrive by plane and are leaving by plane) each way unless you get a travel pack from the front desk. For 14.40 euros, you can get free shuttle to and from the airport, train ride into Amsterdam and back to airport, and use of public transportation in Amsterdam. We thought this was a very good deal.

The staff was very friendly and spoke English. They were very helpful with everything we needed (number for pizza delivery, how to take the train to Amsterdam, and how to get around in Amsterdam). They even had a few suggestions for us when we arrived in Amsterdam as to where to go out and what to do. The staff was one of the most helpful and friendly that I have come across in quite a while.

We have stayed at Courtyards before and were pleasently surprised by the quality of this one. It seemed more like a regular Marriott to us. The rooms were spacious. The only thing I would have liked to see was a refrigerator in the room. There was free internet in the lobby or you can pay for it in your room (day charge or for up to so many minutes). Overall, we were very happpy with our stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Travelcouple1970,

Thank you very much for your stay and kind review on Tripadvisor.

We are happy that we were able to provide you with your travel needs. We have recently introduced Discover Amsterdam Travel Pack. Furthermore we are investigating possibilities to expand our existing WIFI service to all guestrooms and not only our Business Pro Superior rooms and public area.

I will pass your review on to my staff. They will be pleased to learn that you have enjoyed their service. So thank you on behalf of them. And we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Kind regards,

Roger Langhout, General Manager.
Hengelo, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a lot and we always love to come back! In this hotel you feel appreciated as a regular, Marriott Platinum guest! Check-in was a breeze, nice touch to be upgraded to a junior-suite, nice bar and we had a nice dinner at the Bistro next door (belongs to the same company and as hotel guest you have a 10% discount). Everytime we come here there are the same smiling, friendly faces of the staff. As Platinum guest internet was free and was easy to use. Ok, the distance is a bit far from the airport but the very regular shuttle with the same friendly, helpful drivers brings you and picks you up from the airport in a 12 minute drive. Very good, fresh and well taken care off breakfast buffet! Location very quiet, no noise at all (no airplane noise!!!), situated in a nice park! Nice for a stroll or for jogging!! We already planned our next stay next month when we fly out from Schiphol Airport again! Compliments for Eric, the manager on duty who does a very good job! Only minor point there was no coffemaker in the junior suite. I know there are in the superior rooms.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear Koala2409,

Thank you so much for your stay and excellent review on Tripadvisor.

As you describe it is very easy to reach us and make your way to Amsterdam city center. The most recently introduced travel pack will even make it more convenient to get around.

Thank you, also on behalf of my team, and we hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back with us in the near future.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Roger Langhout, General Manager.
Howell, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Terrific hotel and the Claus Center is great fun. This was my 9th visit to the Courtyard AMS and it was my best visit. Terrific shuttle bus service to Schipol Airport where Netherlands train system can take you all over the Country. From Hotel to Amsterdam Centraal is less than 35 minutes. Bar has added more televisions and service is very friendly. Great staff, hottest sauna in Europe, cold Heinekens await your visit. Do it!! I will be back for a 10th.

Room Tip: get a view of the park
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Hurricane48,

Thank you for your return in the Courtyard by Marriott Amsterdam Airport.

I appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to positively describe your most recent stay on Tripadvisor.

We will continue to improve to do better and your comments from the past have helped us doing so. A big thank you and we look forward to your return.

Kind Regards,

Alpine, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

As my family considered lodging options on our first trip to The Netherlands, we kept coming back to Marriott and we were not disappointed. It was comforting to see a friendly and efficient staff in a well maintained facility consistent with our experience over the years with Marriott back home in the US.

Even before our arrival, the staff including the GM were courteous and prompt in their replies to our questions via email. We were also able to keep our costs down by utilizing free WiFi in the comfortable lobby and free parking next door at the event center. Parking just outside the front door and internet access in your room is also available for a fee.

The hotel is surrounded by a beautiful park and is close to the airport. We highly recommend this Courtyard to anyone considering a stay in the Amsterdam area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Bill,

Thank you very much for your stay and your loyalty for Marriott.

We appreciate that you have taken the effort and time to rate your stay on Tripadvisor.

The team and I look forward to have you back with us soon.

Emily Zombe, Southern, Zambia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We just came back from a 3 night stay in Amsterdam and were more than happy with our visit. We were able to check in at around 7am and after a very long drive from the UK the warm welcome was much appreciated. We got a really good deal for B&B, only 130 euro for the Saturday morning until 12pm Sunday lunchtime, then the price went up after that.
The staff gave us lots of advice on other places to visit such as Haarlem and were more than willing to give us advice about bus and train times. The free shuttle service to the airport/train station was great and very punctual and also did a return service up until midnight.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Check out late rooms and also ask at reception for possible discounts.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Em H,

Thank you very much for your stay with us.
Your excellent review is greatly appreciated!

We look forward to welcome you back with us in the near future.

Team Courtyard by Marriott Amsterdam Airport
Suburban Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My wife and I traveled to Amsterdam, Groningen, and Hamburg recently, me for business, and both of us to visit our daughter and son in law. The four of us drove to Hamburg to see that city.

We have been to Amsterdam several times, but not since 2009. This time we stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, a different hotel than our usual choice – the Amsterdam Marriott. We also stayed at the De Doelan in Groningen and the Marriott Hamburg. You can find my reviews of those hotels also on Trip Advisor. I chose the Courtyard because every other hotel was completely sold out due to a large convention being held in Amsterdam, and because I didn’t want to lose points for the Marriott Rewards program. We arrived very early Saturday morning, 7:30, and the hotel is a 20 minute ride away from Schipol on the hotel shuttle (day pass USD 5). I expected the room to be unavailable, but after a very short delay, the reception said they could put us in a room, but that we would have to move the next day to a room on the same floor. We agreed and we headed upstairs. One thing I like about Marriott’s in foreign countries is that everyone is bilingual, but they don’t embarrass you if you want to try speaking something other than English. The young man who met us at the reception was very pleasant and warm and did everything he could to make us feel welcome – much appreciated after an overnight flight without sleep.

I booked an Executive Room on the top floor, room 1007 the first night and room 1005 the second. The view was very nice with full length windows in the bathroom and large, operable windows in the sleeping area. The windows in the bathroom opened to a small balcony. The Courtyard has three types of rooms, Standard, Business, and Executive, and each has its own amenities. The Executive rooms are the largest, with a very large bathroom that has a separate shower and jetted tub. As I’ve said in my other reviews, with Marriott you get consistency and this Courtyard was no different. Everything was just as you would expect in any Marriott, but I must say the Marriott's in Europe seem much cleaner than those in the US. The bed was very comfortable and after a short nap, my wife and I headed for Amsterdam. The breakfast included in my rate was quite good and typical for the Netherlands and other EU countries I visited. There are plenty of cold meats, cheeses, fruit, yogurt, and bread. There are also more American choices such as cereal, scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, pastry and pancakes.

This location worked well for me because I could walk down the street to the Connexion Bus #300 that runs every 6 minutes during rush hours and every 15 minutes other times. The fare is 4€ each way and the bus is clean, quiet, and travels on a dedicated busway that keeps it on schedule. The #300 runs from Hoofdorp station to Amstelveen and drops me in front of my office building. I would not recommend this Marriott for those travelling strictly for pleasure as it is some distance from central Amsterdam and to get anywhere without a car you must take the hotel shuttle to Schipol to catch the train. Having said that, we are familiar with the train system and getting to Schipol worked well for us on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

In summary, the Marriott Courtyard Amsterdam Airport was everything I ask for in a hotel. It was clean, the staff was pleasant but not overly so, and the location worked for my business and personal needs. I may stay there again depending on if there is sightseeing in my plans. If I am in Amsterdam purely for business, I would definitely stay there. It’s a better value than the Amsterdam Marriott. But if you want to see the sights Amsterdam offers, then I would pay the extra and stay in the city. You’ll save money in the long run by walking and using the tram system, rather than the hotel shuttle and train system.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the hotel overlook a forest and away from a busy road in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear Flagger,

Thank you very much for your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Amsterdam Airport.

We appreciate that you have gone to such extend to rate our hotel on Tripadvisor.
With great accuracy you have described means of transport to get around. As well as the top floor guest rooms overlooking the adjacend park.

Thank you also on behalf of my team, and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Roger Langhout, General Manager

Been to Courtyard Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!