Stayed here for 3 nights in December. The hotel itself is great, the staff were very friendly, and the rooms were massive. Our twin room had two double beds with lots of pillows and the bed was so comfortable after a long day. There are no views from this hotel, it literally is in the middle of nowhere. There is a free shuttle from the airport though which was handy but be aware to get the shuttle back it costs €7.50. The hotel is around a 5 minute walk to the nearest station which will take you into Amsterdam Centraal in around 20 minutes. Be aware that this station isn't staffed though and the ticket machines only accept coins or maestro cards - no notes. Trains don't run to this station 24/7 either, so if your plans are to stay out until the early hours in Amsterdam the only trains you can get are every hour to Schipol airport then a taxi from there is around €20.
I managed to lock us out of our safe at one point and the manager was very helpful at this point! Also we managed to forget travel adapters and the hotel staff were kind enough to lend us some at reception.
Breakfast had a very large choice of breads, jams, cereals, juices, pasteries, cold meats and cheeses. Breakfast also had a cooked section with beans, mushrooms, scrambled egg, some inedible bacon and the strangest chicken sausages.
I didn't book this hotel, and had I seen the location I wouldn't have. Overall, this is a great hotel, if wanting to be near the airport, or travelling for buisiness nearby its perfect. To see Amsterdam city centre, it is not.
I would have given this place 5* but the cooked breakfast sort of let it down a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol is a luxury hotel at only a 10-minute drive from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The hotel is conveniently accessible from the airport via a private airport shuttle bus service. Located only a few miles from the A4, both Amsterdam and The Hague are within easy reach. This hotel is also the ideal basis to visit the Keukenhof flower bulbs.The hotel Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol offers a complementary shuttle service to companies in Hoofddorp and the Schiphol area upon request. Hoofddorp train station with direct services to Amsterdam city center and Leiden is only an 8-minute walk.This 242 room hotel features a leisure club with indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, gym and solarium for your well-deserved relaxation after a long journey. Looking for a place to meet? The hotel Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol houses 14 multifunctional meeting rooms.The hotel Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol is very proud to introduce its new stylish restaurant @The Lobby. In a modern yet sophisticated setting you can enjoy fresh culinary delights inspired by Dutch heritage prepared by our renowned chef.High speed Internet access is available at a charge in all guest rooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol Hotel Hoofddorp
- Crowne Plaza Hoofddorp
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Hoofddorp