“The mattress cove had blood on it not from our party” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Hoofddorp
“The mattress cove had blood on it not from our party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

The room was lovely with 2 double bads,a good sized room,the staff were friendly+helpfull,only an 8 minute walk to the station,plenty to do in the hotel,we got a good price deal had 2 rooms for 5 of us stayed in room's 250+251 the day of leaving I stripped the 2 beds in room 250 + I was very disappointed to find old blood stains on the mattress cover I did remove the mattress cover left it on top of the dirty beding so the chambermaid could see it clearly+hopefully put a clean one on,this to me was a let down of the cleanliness of the room

• Stayed October 2013
CrownePlazaHoofddorp, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear lollablue1,
Thank you for your positive review regarding the location of our hotel.
And I would like to offer my sincere apologies about the stains you have discovered on the matras cover. Ofcourse this is not up to our standards and it will be discussed with our Housekeeping department.
We want to thank for making us aware of these problems. By using feedback we can learn how to improve our hotel/services, which is utmost important to us. Nevertheless, I hope in future you might consider staying with us.

784 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My first impression was very poor. I was waiting for the shuttle for much longer than the allotted time between shuttles. I finally asked a separate driver where "our" (by now there was a group of us getting anxious) shuttle was. He said to look for the one with holiday inn express. We finally found one, then he pointed us to another. There was NO marking whatsoever for crowne plaza on his shuttle. So we had all, indeed, watched that shuttle pass by at least twice. This is an EASY item to improve. And it gives the first impression. After arrival, I was upgraded to the gold floor for my membership. I was a bit disappointed there appeared to be a club, but no access. Oh well, off to the only restaurant I could visit with easy access (it was raining). And while the food was very good, the portions were small - I had to pay for water - and the price was high. The room itself was very nice... But the internet connection was quite weak, unacceptable for an international hotel, but common in many countries.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear TonySLP,
Thank you for leaving a review on the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol.
I would like to offer you my apologies for the inconvenience you have suffered by waiting on the shuttle for such a long time. I will definately see what can be done to let the shuttle stand out more. Due to changes in the IHG Rewards Club, benefits for all Crowne Plaza hotels are now the same and club access is not a standard upgrade anymore. Also recent renovations to the Club Floor and Club Lounge have caused for a drastic uplift and high demand on the Club Floor. Therefore these rooms and Club Lounge access are unfortunately less available for complimentary upgrades.
Thank you again for expressing your experience at our hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I am a Platinum IHG member. I love the service and the staff are great.....but IHG seriously needs to up its game. No club lounge, no breakfast...etc. But the staff are great and try hard to please. I love the hotel bar and resto.

Room Tip: 4th and 5th are upgraded rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jerr S,
Thank you for your compliments on our staff and restaurant.
There are indeed some changes in our loyalty programme: IHG Rewards Club. Benefits in all Crowne Plaza hotels should be similar and we can not longer offer use of the Club Lounge for free. A new world wide benefit is the free high speed internet for Gold Elite and Platinum Elite members.
Also we have upgraded our Club floor and Club Lounge to provide exclusive items to our guests staying on the 4th floor. With this we have seen a drastic uplift and high demand of the Club floor rooms. Therefore these rooms and Club Lounge access are unfortunately less available for complimentary upgrades.
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

so i was checking into the hotel they tell me since i was a gold member that I was getting a upgraded room. i had some freinds staying in the same hotel that was not in a upgraded room and they was the exact same.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear richd370,
Thank you very much for taking the time and writing a review on Tripadvisor.
I do apologize that you left with the feeling you did not receive an upgrade. There are different types of upgrades which can be offered. Upgrades range from renovated room to a club room, but all depends on what was initially booked and the availability.
Unfortunately at this point it is difficult to see what the upgrade was. Should you need any further information, do not hesitate and contact the hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for the one night in flight transition. The place gives off the feeling of a luxury hotel when entering the lobby but just does not quite match up in quite a few areas. I upgraded to an executive room which was of reasonable size but the decor was slightly reminiscent of the late 50s being darker than my personal taste. The bed was very comfortable with differing pillow comfort of soft through firm. Desk space was good but the wireless internet was woefully inadequate for standard mails and internet browsing. There was the possibility of purchasing more bandwidth but having paid 50 euros for a room upgrade I expected the internet to be free regardless of which service I selected. Breakfast was served in a nice restaurant setting but nothing out of the ordinary was on offer although the quality was good. Although I may have sounded a little negative it is worth a visit to try out.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaHoofddorp, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Philip C.,
Thank you very much for writing a review as we use the reviews to improve our service.
With regards to the internet, I would like to inform you that we continue to evaluate it and make improvements where possible.
Thank you for expressing your experience at our hotel.

Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I like the hotel, good breakfast, lovely sleep well kit, excellent option to express check out, before the queues were very long. Only thing to improve are pillows, 4 pillows to choose from, but they are all the same, no smaller option.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear kkk460,
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our hotel.
During your next stay you could contact our reception and they can provide you with a pillow menu. We do offer different choices in pillowsize and firmness.
Again many thanks for you review.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

IHG is garbage, it is ridiculous as a Platinum member that you are not given breakfast and access to the club lounge anymore at this hotel, while a few months ago you were given access to them. But hey you get free internet, Woopedy doo....

What's the point of even having status with IHG, do yourself a favor and join SPG or Marriott

• Stayed September 2013
Dear JonesR02,

We really appreciate that you are a loyal guest, and therefore a Platinum Priority Club Member of our hotel.
Please let me explain why these changes in benefits are inevitable.

At first, as you maybe already are aware of, we are enhancing and renaming our loyalty programme to IHG Rewards Club since the first of July 2013. Benefits in all Crowne Plaza hotels should be similar and we can not longer offer use of the Club Lounge for free. A new world wide benefit will be the free high speed internet for Gold Elite and Platinum Elite members. Instead of per the first of July we are offering this per the first of May 2013.

At second our hotel has seen some recent changes such as upgrading our Club floor and Club Lounge to provide exclusive items to our guests staying on the 4th floor. With this we have seen a drastic uplift and high demand of the Club floor rooms. Therefore these rooms and Club Lounge access are unfortunately less available for complimentary upgrades.

At third it is our fullest intention to maintain and fulfill all loyalty member benefits and advantages wherever possible. There might be some other advantages you enjoy more besides free upgrade to a Club room and use of the Club Lounge. The new great promo of IHG to thank all our members for their loyalty and give the opportunity to use the high speed internet complimentary and reserve a Club room and access to the Club Lounge at a discounted rate of €25.

Again, I would wish to offer you my sincere apologies for the discomfort this new situation will cause you and we would like to welcome you again as a guest in our hotel in the future.

With kind regards,
Martijn Fritsen

Been to Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol? Share your experiences!