Didn't actually stay here, was in the (cheaper) Holiday Inn Express across the road, but came over for a meal one evening. Ordered the burger on the "snack" menu (note the "main" menu is very expensive). Asked for it to be cooked "medium". At first it seemed OK, and told the waitress as much when she asked how my meal was. However, near the end of the meal when I got to middle of the burger it was clearly not even cooked properly, let alone "medium". I left a bit (which frankly looked almost raw) and told the waitress as much when she collected my plate. She appeared to agree and said she'd have a word with the chef. Anyway that was that and a few minutes later I was presented with my bill, with no acknowledgement or apology about the unsatisfactory burger. I called over the head waiter and he said he'd investigate. He came back a few minutes later but was terribly defensive, saying that I'd told the waitress that my meal was fine (but that was before I'd got to the undercooked bit of it!) and that the chef had said it was cooked correctly (which was patently not true for the bit I left). Given that the burger cost 20 Euros and I was clearly not satisfied with it, I would the thought the least I could have expected was an apology and perhaps the offer of a free coffee to diffuse the situation. I wasn't expecting (or looking) for my bill to be wiped completely but the fact that there was no recognition that a customer was unhappy, or even the slightest sign of contrition left a sour taste, and by that time I was frankly quite angry and not feeling like I wanted to pay at all. In the end, grudgingly, the head waiter offered a free drink, but by that time I just wanted to get out of the place. Eventually he took off the cost of a drink I had earlier, so I still ended up paying for the burger in full. Needless to say I didn't leave a tip! Very disappointed, might have expected from a cheap cafe but not a supposed 4 star hotel. Definitely won't be coming back next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol is a luxury hotel at only a 10-minute drive from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The hotel is conveniently accessible from the airport via a private airport shuttle bus service. Located only a few miles from the A4, both Amsterdam and The Hague are within easy reach. This hotel is also the ideal basis to visit the Keukenhof flower bulbs.The hotel Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol offers a complementary shuttle service to companies in Hoofddorp and the Schiphol area upon request. Hoofddorp train station with direct services to Amsterdam city center and Leiden is only an 8-minute walk.This 242 room hotel features a leisure club with indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, gym and solarium for your well-deserved relaxation after a long journey. Looking for a place to meet? The hotel Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol houses 14 multifunctional meeting rooms.The hotel Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol is very proud to introduce its new stylish restaurant @The Lobby. In a modern yet sophisticated setting you can enjoy fresh culinary delights inspired by Dutch heritage prepared by our renowned chef.High speed Internet access is available at a charge in all guest rooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, HotelsNL, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol Hotel Hoofddorp
- Crowne Plaza Hoofddorp
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Hoofddorp