“Status not recognized!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
New York City, New York
“Status not recognized!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

If you are Platinum Elite, Stay AWAY from this hotel.
Before Priority Club became IHG, this hotel offered Free breakfast and lounge access to Platinum member. When I checked in this Month, I expected my usual benefits.
To my biggest suprise, not only did this hotel remove lounge access but it also removed the free breakfast. Funny enough, they gave me a letter upon my arrival "explaining my benefits for platinum" which basically said the only thing I was entitled to was free internet and extra points. What a bargain!! And to top it off, they use to have Nespresso machine in the club lounge room (dont know why they call it club lounge because you dont even have access to the club lounge!!!), but not anymore. When I went downstairs to see if I could have one, they made me understand I was not qualified to have one.

So to sum it up, you wont get anything at this hotel for your platinum status. They dont care anymore. At least with the other competitors, when I reach status I get to always enjoy the lounge and free breakfast in the morning, not with the Crowne Plaza Schiphol.
Also the room are outdated, I needed binoculars to watch the tv in my room (who still has 22 inches tvs!!!), the gym is so tiny that even by myself it seams crowded!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Chris L,

Thank you for being a Rewards Club Platinum Elite Member. Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Turkish first
Sudbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

An adequate hotel if you need to stay near the airport. Not a lot of outlets for the connected business traveler in a regular room. The restaurant was not so tidy. The floor could use a sweep between diners- perhaps that's why there were seemingly a lot flies buzzing about in the restaurant and lobby. Not my first choice for a hotel in Amsterdam.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Rbb0612,

I am concerned to read that your experience was not what you expected. I apologize for our level of cleanliness didn't live up to your expectations and deeply regret the poor experience you had during your stay.

Your comments are very important as we rely on you, our valued guest to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hartford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a top notch hotel with a shuttle to and from Schipol. i always stay either here or the HI Express close to the airport. This Crowne Plaza is one of the top properties in the chain. All the amenities you would expect and excellent friendly service. The prices are reasonable for an airport location and the shuttle travels to and from the airport every 30 minutes. Stay here and you won't be disappointed.

Danville, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Very clean with a close proximity to Schipol. Service and rooms very good. Not close to downtown Amsterdam - about 20 minutes away. So - I wouldn't stay here if I was visiting as a 'tourist'. But perfectly fine for business trips.

Room Tip: Great place to stay if you are doing business around Hoofddorp. If you are traveling for pleasure...
Ruislip, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel for our anniversary because it was a very reasonable price as it was the weekend. We were given an upgrade because it was our anniversary, with a little bottle of Prosecco which was a lovely touch. The concierge was very helpful and gave us a ride to the airport to sort out train tickets which made access to Amsterdam straightforward - a 10 min walk from the hotel to the station, then 20 mins to Amsterdam Centraal. You can buy tickets at the machine with coins or chip and pin cards though, and access the platform from the closer end by the underpass which saves a bit of the walk. We had a lovely swim in the pool and breakfast was included in our deal and was really good. We did have an issue with our room at one point but the hotel staff dealt with it really pleasantly. The only negative was the cost of the restaurant. We ate there one night because we were tired, but made sure we ate in town the next night! Overall, it was a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Can hear the trains on that side, but they are not too loud to be worrying.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

just returned after a 3 night trip to amsterdam to celebrate my wifes birthday,we decided to stay away from dam central and am so happy we did.this hotel was a great base the rooms are excellant the service was faultless and only a 20 min tram ride to dam central.amenties here are second to none the only advise i would give the hotel is to supply warmed/hot plates at meal times has your food soon got cold on the plates.we stayed in room 342 and my sister had room 345 this hotel is a must if you want luxury away from the madness of dam central

Room Tip: any here would be great
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Arriving at this Hotel, was very pleasing , relaxing , Very good amenities , great smiling staff, service was there as well as a shuttle bus into town, breakfast was well presented, the room was excellent, very comfortable, & clean ,enjoyed the stay..

Room Tip: Overall, good, every one I spoke to were very happy, no Complaints Well Done .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol? Share your experiences!