First off, the needle that broke the camels back! At breakfast, there were no clean spoons, and the front desk clerk was asked to find the missing clean up person, who turned out to be Brandon. His duties are to keep the yogurt cups, silverware, bread, Filled up. There is NOTHING to cook, as the breakfast provided is very, very spartan.
She returned to me and told me there were plastic spoons, (very small, designed for ice cream or coffee maybe), but that clean ones would arrive shortly. Time 10:00. The breakfast is 'supposed' to be served until 10:30...oh yes, there were two yogurt cups left,..no pastries, 1 slice of cheese, no ham, 6 cucumber slices...this was the worst breakfast I have encountered in Europe, Africa, or the Middle East!
At 10:10, I thought maybe Brandon had forgotten my spoon, as he still had not shown his face in the dining area. I stuck my head in the kitchen and asked where the spoons were, at which time he told me..'there are plenty of plastic spoons'. At this point, as he was standing next to a bin FULL of dirty spoons, I told him ' just give me a dirty one, I can go to my room and wash it myself.'
I was quite surprised when Brandon did exactly that! Oh yes, he brought out clean spoons, plates, etc, at 10:23. And yes, I do watch time. I am a business man and it amazes me the people that are allowed to work around the public.
The beds in this hotel are all wore out also. I had my wife on this trip, and when we both got in bed, we rolled to the middle. We tried 2 other rooms, and all were the same. The normal default for the climate control is HEAT, with it 70 outside, no windows that will open, they have the heat on. BTW, the management was nice, and tried to accommodate us by switching our room, turning our room climate to 'cool ' but this was a twice a day occurrence.
When I tried to contact IHG, the company that owns Holiday Inn's, I received a reply that 'due to heavier than normal email traffic' it might take 2-3 weeks to receive a reply back! If I owned a company, I would be ashamed to have to admit that my complaint department was swamped with emails. I would fire someone. This indicates not just a local problem, but a systemic problem with this BRAND.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol Hotel Hoofddorp
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Getting to our Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Schiphol hotel is easy. Only a short drive from the Airport Schiphol in our hotel shuttle bus will bring you directly to the hotel (we only offer the ride from the Airport to the hotel for free, back to the Airport the fee is € 7,50 per person), the rail station from Hoofddorp is a short stroll away and takes you from the hotel to Amsterdam Central Station in only 20 minutes. The hotel is also easily accessible by car from the A4, midway between The Hague and Amsterdam. Inside the Holiday Inn Express hotel Amsterdam Schiphol you will find a welcoming interior, full of natural daylight and plenty of room to enjoy a drink and connect with colleagues. The hotel offers complimentary breakfast and free wireless Internet throughout the hotel! The rooms have everything you need with great bedding, walk in shower, LCD TV, coffee & tea facilities and working space.Looking for a hotel for your next city break or stopover? Downtown Amsterdam is only a short journey away from our hotel, with the famous canals, the house of Anne Frank, the Van Gogh museum, the Red Light District, but also the windmills and Keukenhof with its famous tulip fields are close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsNL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.