“Great service, good value, nice rooms, convenient to airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Herbergh Hotel Amsterdam Airport

Save Saved
You added Herbergh Hotel Amsterdam Airport to your Saves list
Herbergh Hotel Amsterdam Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sloterweg 259, 1171CP Badhoevedorp, The Netherlands (Formerly Hotel De Herbergh)   |
Offers & Announcements
Save €10 on select meals
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Badhoevedorp
Boston, MA
“Great service, good value, nice rooms, convenient to airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Extremely accommodating and friendly managers and staff, both over the phone and in person. Very nice, clean, and functional rooms. For me it was one of the easiest places to find on our Netherlands trip by rental car. Also used the shared hotel airport shuttle three times and it was very effective--schedule was frequent enough for our needs, and the trip time was short enough. Can't comment on the restaurant though, as we hadn't planned to eat there.

Room Tip: Bit of road noise on the South side (toward the airport), but not problematic, and, expected of hote...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel is fine for an overnight near the airport but man it was hard to get to. I somehow had thought it was a 20 min walk from reading the reviews but it isn't, I arrived at 10.45 at night. There wasnt a shuttle until 11.40pm which then went to the two furthest away hotels first. I arrived at the doorstep thanks to previous reviews (otherwise I would have been lost- turn left out of Novotel to the junction with the traffic light and its on the corner) at midnight. Luckily the owner opened it there is assign on the door to ring up to 24.00 and a phone number but with a US cell phone it would have cost me $25 to turn the phone on! All ended well comfortable room but the breakfast was nothing special at 14.50 euros it was a bit overpriced. I would have prefer red a non buffet. Option. Staff friendly and nice. Room very clean and comfortable. But noisy in the morning at 7.00

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
rene s, Eigenaar at Herbergh Hotel Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences. The Novotel Shuttle (Accor group) is offered for free and does have 2 stops. Arriving late is possible as we have a sleeping night employee. But preferably not after 12 midnight. In emergencies (delayed plane) we can give the roomkey later. Sorry to hear our full american breakfast buffet including cofffee, juice and fruit was not upto your standard. An a la carte breakfast would be a good alternative we will consider alltough most of your college travelers do appreciate our fresh en regional buffet with local cheese etc.

ROODEPOORT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on 10 July before flying back to South Africa. Everything about the hotel is top class from service from staff, bedrooms, cleanliness, restaurants and situation close to Schiphol airport. I recommend this hotel as being top class. John, Johannesburg, South Africa

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Top class...thank you for the huge compliment! We compliment our staff trying to make a difference in our small family owned hotel (24 rooms)

santa cruz, california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because of the reviews and the convenience to the Amsterdam Airport. There is a free shuttle service which we did not use. I also wanted to be in a hotel that was not a Best Western type.

It was very hard to find. We were driving a rental car and had maps and on line maps. But it was almost impossible for us to find. We would have been better off going to the airport and taking a shuttle to one of the airport hotels after dropping off our car.

We arrived late and there appeared to be nothing but teen agers handling the hotel and restaurant. We had read good reviews of the restaurant, La Bouche, so had made reservations there. The very young man and girl, the only ones there, must have not known how to cook because the food was not really edible. My son had a lasagne that hardly deserved the name and was bad. We were the only ones in the restaurant.

Our room was o.k. but i have a problem with stairs and had requested no stairs. But not only were there stairs, but there was a long straight very steep stair with no railing. We were only there for one night so could manage. But a Best Western would have been very welcome by comparison. Our breakfast was not included, was expensive besides and did not look interesting.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write your experiences. Our hotel is located only 1 roundabout and 1 traffic light away from highway A9. We are sorry to hear you did not find it right away. We have a young and enthusiastic team and also some older more experienced employees. It is the first time we hear that guests do not appreciate our young emloyees. To call them teenagers.. while they are 18-22 yrs old? The lasagna is not a tradional one. it is with rooted celery and vegetarian. it is usually very tasty but not the italian way. I guess you like or hate it? It is well described in our menu also in English... How come you did not see the 2 railings at the stairs? We also offer groundfloor rooms and are sorry to hear you reserved the standard...which are 1st floor. Next time please reserve the comfort room at our groundfloor. To bad you found the breakfast expensive (euro 14,50) and you did not even try it? it is an all you can eat American buffet with regional products like cheese etc. In the Netherlands we do not have a culture of eating out for breakfast so an a la carte breakfast is hard to find.

Island of Malta, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

First and foremost ... it is a lovely hotel, clean and offers a very warm hospitality.... thus I recommend it for those planning to visit sites away from the City life of Amsterdam.

It has a very good Free shuttle service to and from Schiphol Airport which is very useful to transit to various attractions and sites such as Keukenhof, Alkmaar, Lisse or Zaanse Schaan.

The hotel is in a quiet location with nice views and a short walk to Sloten Mill. We stayed here for 4 nights on two occasions and both stays were great, big clean lovely modern comfortable rooms with very comfy beds and with tea-coffee facility, spacious shower or bath and central heating. They offer free WiFi and free Dutch TV.

Breakfast was good and fresh with a variety of dutch cheese and ham and locally baked bread.
Both my partner and I loved this place and surely I recommend it. We are also proud to be able to dine at their Italian excellent restaurants - Trattoria La Bocca.

Room Tip: The ground rooms are much bigger and lovely. Their bathrooms are great ....clean, good water pressur...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us (twice) and sharing your positive experiences with our future hotelguests. We are very pleased to hear you appreciate our service and our hospitality. We and our team try to make a difference to personalize and put genuine warmth in our hotel to make the stay memorable and worthwhile. Nice to read you enjoy our fresh regional breakfast.

We hope to welcome you again in the (near) future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

You know that feeling, the one when you open the door and immediately realise you made the wrong hotel choice? Yes, that.

I was there for 3 nights whilst on business in the area. I only chose this place because of the reviews here, so i felt completely let down an underwhelmed on opening the door to Room 12.

I booked via BookingDotCom and got an advantageous pay upfront non cancellation room only rate – so I didn’t take breakfast, nor eat at all at the hotel so I can’t vouch for that aspect.

What I can say is that my room was basic, old fashioned, dark, with an uncomfortable bed. I booked a single occupancy for what I thought was a double room – instead I got a triple made up of single beds. Oh, but then the spare 3rd bed disappeared after the first night? Bizarre!
The room had no aircon, and it was warm, but there was an old fan - great!
There was an unpleasant stale odour in the room, unfresh. Plus there was smell emanating from the rear of the hotel when this room overlooked, because this is the back of the kitchens, so not only do you get odour, but you also get noise. Before unpacking on arrival on day 1 I rang down and asked to change room, and this request was met with an uncompromising “No, sorry, we’re fully booked” (which frankly I didn’t believe). The receptionist asked if it was because of the kitchen noise, I said yes, then she said that they close at 10, so “it will be alright” – well, it wasn’t, and there was disturbances right up until at least 23:45, and then again from 0530.
Mind you, not that 0530 was early, as I could hear people moving around and doors being left to slam shut at around 430am on one morning and overall, this was the experience of the hotel – not so much noise from aircraft, but noise in general. Not forgetting that the hotel is located on the cross-road junction of busy roads, so you do get road traffic noise more than aircraft noise.
The shuttle bus from the airport, (2min walk away) via Novotel was fine, albeit, it stops (annoyingly) at both the IBIS and BIS Budget on the way to and from the airport, meaning the bus gets packed during the peak morning times, journey time typically 20-25min. Plus one or two of the drivers where very unhelpful and jobs worths in not waiting for people who were clearly aiming for the bus and were alongside and yet they drove off. I saw one Indonesian lady in a panic because the driver told her they don’t stop at the Novotel, when they did.
Bathroom WC was clean and functional, albeit, a strange room layout, oh and as for having the tea and coffee making stuff in the bathroom next to the basin? Crazy!
I’m struggling to think of a single redeeming feature of this stay that would want me to go back – so I won’t be. Maybe I was just unlucky with having been allocated Room 12, so beware, and take some of the reviews with a pinch of salt…

Next time, I’ll go back to the IBIS.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 12, or any facing the rear where the kitchens are. But rooms at the front will give you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
rene s, Owner at Herbergh Hotel Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the travelcommunity. We are dissapointed to read we did not meet your expectations. Our receptionist should and could have changed you to a room on the frontside for the last 2 nights. She was right about the fact that we were fully booked! Our hotel is small so if you have a late arrival we do not have the flexibilitiy to change rooms. The smell in your room was from the new carpet. That you hear people during the night is quite normal in an airport related hotel, guests leave early to catch their flights. Our rooms are quite soundproof but some travellers find it very normal to slam doors also in the middle of the night. sorry about that. A lot of (plane) travellers use earplugs in hotels and planes are also noises you are not used to, but I assume you know as a frequent traveller..just for their own convienience. Our ground floor rooms have lighter furniture. It is a matter of taste and preferance ofcourse. I wish you a pleasant next stay at the Ibis hotel, allthough we hope you choose us a next time... and hope we will see you in one of our restaurants only one kilometer walking distance from the Ibis.

Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed overnight at the Herberg Hotel. I found the rooms clean and comfortable. The two restaurants are slightly expensive but the food was good. The breakfast included in the room rate had a variety of choices. One caution, the stairs to the rooms are quite steep and long. There is no lift. The hotel staff were very willing to take my luggage up and bring it down the next morning. I would recommend this hotel when wanting to be near the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for compliments and recommendation to future hotel guests. We are always willing to help our guests with the luggage in reception hours (6,30-23,30) There are groundfloor (comfort) and 1st floor (standard) rooms. Good to read you enjoyed the breakfast.

We hope to welcome you again in the (near) future.

Anke Somsen

Been to Herbergh Hotel Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!