“A Stinky Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

You added Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport to your Saves list
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schipholweg 185, 1171 Badhoevedorp, The Netherlands (Formerly Etap Hotel Amsterdam Airport)   |
Special Offer
UP TO 30% - EARLY BOOKING
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Badhoevedorp
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“A Stinky Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I missed my flight so I ended up here. It is one of the stinkiest hotels that i have ever been to. I just couldn't sleep well and the walls are thin I heard yelling and music in the middle of the night. The only thing that was good here was the Wifi and the somewhat comfy bed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
RondeGraaf, General Manager at Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your comments about your stay. I had more complaints about the noise in the night you stayed here. One way or the other my night security didn't notice this so we went to all procedures again to avoid this in the future.
The smell in the room sometimes happens because there's no water in the sewer water lock,
normally my staff solves this problem in a minute. I can understand you didn't want to come down again to tell us this and it should have been checked before guests are checked in.
I'm very sorry both of this things happened during your stay and I want to offer you my sincerest apologies.

Kind regards,
Ron de Graaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed here for a night to transit in AMS airport.

<Room>
Free Wifi, very small room...It might be difficult to open two suitcase. No hair dryer, but other parts are the same as normal Ibis hotel.

<Receptionist>
Receptionists and guests were arguing, "Get out from the hotel!" whoa I mean come on is it the way they should treat guests even though the guests are bad? I am staying here hearing the conversation and did not feel good about it.

There is one computer which is free to use. Printer as well. There is nothing around the hotel. Ibis is next door, free shuttle almost every 30 mins. It is okay because it was cheap. But nothing special.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
RondeGraaf, General Manager at Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on tripadvisor. I agree with you that my staff shouldn't argue with guests especially not visible for the other guests and I will share that in our next staff meeting. I can assure you this was an incident and not the normal way we normally communicate with a guest. Best regards,
Lithuania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

this hotel is really good for overnight. rented it for 6 hours. Staff is friendly and helpful. rooms are cosy and practical.No free toiletries, a bit poor noise isolation but thats ok.
Matress is a bit tough, I usually sleep on soft one, but because of tiring day and many flights that was the softest matress i've ever slept on :)
Breakfast available at special charge. We found it amazing there is a free shuttle bus to and from the schipol airport, unfortunatelly, it goes not according the schedule (delayed about 5-10 mins). Be awared if your flight is in early morning, ask the reception for shuttle bus schedule, because last bus leaves at 00:45 and the next one is at 5am.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
RondeGraaf, General Manager at Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear you are satisfied with our services. Toiletries like toothbrushes or shaving kits are available at the reception for free, I'm sorry you missed that information. I will pass your compliments to my team, I hope we will see you again in the future.
Kind regards, Ron de graaf
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Have just stayed here, but as per the title it is a reasonable budget hotel. The rooms are very compact, but clean and well maintained, if you are looking for a reasonably priced room for a one night stay, it is ideal, (as long as you do not have too much luggage) We tried the breakfast, at 7.5 euro, there was the usual continental selection of cereals, cold ham, cheese, etc. The check in and restaurant staff were friendly and helpful. For an evening meal the Ibis hotel is across the parking lot, although this hotel is undergoing construction work at present. An added bonus of staying at the Budget! The airport bus drops off and picks up here first.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RondeGraaf, General Manager at Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I will pass your compliments to my staff,
it will definitely motivate them. I hope you will choose again for us at your next visit. Best regards, Ron de Graaf
Brantford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed 2 quiet nights within 15 minutes of the airport. Fine place for a short stay. Modern minimalist SMALL room resembles a college dorm room, with a double bed, and a single bunk across the pillow end. You get what you pay for. The free shuttle system is fantastic. The breakfast is quite good for the money (7.50 Euro). They stored our luggage while we went into town after arriving at 8am. Don't expect a large screen tv, or much storage, and there's no closet (a couple of hangers), and there's only one chair. The bathroom layout is inventive with toilet room and shower both off the room, with the sink in the room. The neighbouring Ibis has a decent offering for meals, but there is nothing else nearby.

Room Tip: The free frequent shuttle is almost worth the price of a room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your nice review and good rating for our hotel. It's always nice to hear guests are satisfied with our product and services. I hope to welcome you back next time when you visit Amsterdam. Kind regards, Ron de Graaf
Overpelt, Limburg, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel is at a low price which you can clearly see.
Rooms are clean-ish and thats about it.
We stayed here for a couple of hours before our early morning flight would take off.
I tried to sleep but couldn't get much. Beds aren't too comfortable.
Also, since there were 3 of us staying we had to use all the beds and even make up the extra one of them ourselves. This wasnt done by any service which I think is a shame.
Hotel is overall smelly (not a dirty smell but not a fine one either).

Please note, but I was aware, that a shuttle service is NOT provided at night.

If you want a couple of hours of sleep, just like us, and be relaxed upon your arrival at the airport this is doable. If otherwise, I just cant recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
RondeGraaf, General Manager at Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for sharing your opinion on tripadvisor. I'm sorry we were not able to meet your expectations, I will take your comments to my staff meetings to see how I can improve our services.
Kind regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I visited Amsterdam for 4 days with friends and their families. Very nice hotel with also very good prices(room for two with an extra bed free). Clean and well-equipped, the room was sweet and comfortable and the hotel also offers free maps and information for the tourists. Absolutely recommended for those who travel by car or for those that want to stay there for a couple of days, next to the airport. I really enjoy staying there and i would probably visit it again next time I travel Amsterdam. :)

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RondeGraaf, General Manager at Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words, I'm happy to hear you are so satisfied with our hotel.
I hope indeed that you will choose again for us in the future, you're always welcome. Best regards, Ron de Graaf

Been to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!