Okay, for starters we had booked the Novotel because of our Accor membership andbesides we had stayed at the Novotel 2 years earlier, so we knew it to be alright and handy for our purposes. When we arrived it had a new name, no Accor membership anymore and we were Not advised of the changes. We had booked many months ago and they had taken our money already, so you would think we would be advised of the changes. But no we were not.if we had known we would have definitely changed to Ibis.
When we checked in at around 9.30pm the man at the front desk did not seem to care one bit. He was unfriendly and just insisted we pay the tourist taxes before we were allowed in.
Our room was okay, but basic. Paper cups for coffee and tea, plastic "glasses" in the bathroom, very cheap. An old television that was unable to get English spoken tv. When we asked they sent someone to help us and this person informed us that if we wanted English then we would have to pay extra. This hotel relies heavily on aircrew from different airlines so one would think that an English spoken tv channel would be very important to them. But no, pay extra (we did not).
Floors 3 and 4 are being redone. All floors are in desperate need for that.
Breakfast was good. Friendly staff and plenty of choice. No complaints there. Also our best evening was when we just sat in the lobby having a drink with Dutch "bitterballen" which are a round meat croquette. Very nice and pleasant. The lobby is very good and comfortable. Nice souvenir shop as well.
Must say I miss the bowl with "drop" on the check-in counter that the Novotel used to have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished Dorint Airport-Hotel Amsterdam is a 4 star hotel ideally located in a quiet area around Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, which is only 5 km away. In our hotel, not far from the centre of Amsterdam, a good night sleep is guaranteed. The Novotel is an ideal base for guests on a business trip. All hotel rooms feature free WiFi and airconditioning. The hotel offers 10 meeting rooms, a lobby bar, pub, restaurant, swimming pool, sauna and hamam. Adjacent to a sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays, HRS, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Amsterdam Airport Hotel Badhoevedorp
- Novotel Hotel Badhoevedorp
- Novotel Badhoevedorp
- Badhoevedorp Novotel