“Helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Badhoevedorp
London
“Helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because our flight was cancelled due to storms. We turned up without any booking references and staff were really helpful with this. We were given vouchers for dinner, which was nice. We ordered chips which turned up after we'd asked for the bill so they took them back and deducted them from our bill. The room was ok, no spare pillows and no air con so very very hot. The towels were ok but very small!! Breakfast was really bad, however it did start very early (4am) and I was one of the first people in there due to my early morning flight. Overall it was nice for such a short notice hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Michelle v, Manager at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you the matter is being looked in to and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, M Groenveld executive assistent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is a reasonable choice for flight connections but also for short Amsterdam sightseeing, if you trade the extra travel time for lower price and modern facilities. Commute from the airport is 20-30 minutes, including waiting for the shuttle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We really value your feedback. Kind regards M Groenveld executive assistent
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I don`t even need to comment on their staff performance or how great is the loccation. I dont even care the price they offer. The point is you went to Amsterdam in the summer and this hotel do not even have air condition what can you even expect from them? Their front desk staff respond as this hotel is old and do not have air condition. How funny is that when the ibis buget next door have air con but ibis dont have.

Room Tip: Forget this hotel in summer as they do not have air condition in the room. Their website fake people...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michelle v, Manager at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Amsterdam Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

M Groenveld
Executive Assistent
St Austell, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night in June while our tour operator (low cost holidays) sorted out the mess of our holiday booking on arrival even though we had a booking with them they asked for a card aurthorization which they promised they wouldn't take any money for but the next morning I noticed they had taken over £300 pounds from my account ...after a few talks to the management they agreed that they shouldn't have and refunded the money .. We finished our holiday at a different hotel and came home but 3 weeks later I checked my account one morning to find that they had taken £307 from my account without my knowledge or consent again we rang them and started a dispute which after a few days they agreed that they shouldn't have taken anything and was a mistake on their part but here we still are a further 3 weeks later with no refund and getting the run around ... So do yourself a favour and don't use this company as they are a bunch of lying crooks that keep your card details and steal from you :(

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay with us. We treat all comments with the utmost seriousness and I will do everything possible to prevent this from happening in the future. Could you please be so kind to send me an e-mail (H0649-AM1@accor.com) and provide me with some more details concerning your experience? That will give me the opportunity to improve our service and prevent future occurance. Thank you very much in advance.
Miriam Groenveld Executive Assistent
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The staff were very unfriendly and didn't tell us another about the hotel or breakfast times etc..

When I got to my room I was shocked to find it hadn't been made up from the last guest. There was a wet towel on the bed, rubbish every where and urine in the toilet.

I back told the staff who didn't really care and I got the felling from staff this is the norm.

It is a shame as with a new management team and staff this good be a great hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Really sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t up to expectations. I would very much like to discuss with you in person. Please could you contact me on H0649-AM1@accor.com. M Groenveld executive assistent
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Visited here for an overnight stay during a visit to Amsterdam over the weekend. After reading the reviews I was somewhat unsure if I had made the right decision but was rather surprised after completing my stay. The shuttle bus was prompt and checkin smooth. I was allocated a room on the second floor facing away from the airport so suffered little noise, despite it being a hot day the room was Warm but nothing unbearable as I have seen described on here. The window opens only so dear but has a fly screen to stop insects, so I was somewhat confused as some reviews so there room did not have one. The wifi was also no problem with a full signal throughout the entire room, it was also fast so great for all kinds of browsing and keeping up to speed. Another thing that surprised me was the bed comfort, better than many I have slept on in budget hotels in Europe andi got a good nights sleep! The shower pressure could be better but at least it was working! Only thing that has reduced my score was the fact the scheduled bus never arrived and we had to wait longer for our transfer back to the airport. If I was staying here again I would consider this hotel as it was handy for the airport and has a free transfer and wifi throughout.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the airport, give plenty of time for your return trip back to the ai...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Michelle v, Manager at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, M Groenveld Executive Assistent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badhoevedorp
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
#118 of 356 in Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 stars 1,067 reviews
Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam

Been to Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!