“No air condition, no wifi, no service.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
EARLY BOOKING - UP TO 30%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Badhoevedorp
Sao Paulo, SP
“No air condition, no wifi, no service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I was in business class of a KLM flight that got delayed, so I missed my connection and had to stay overnight in Amsterdam. The hotel is small, old and an absolute joke. You ask for a double bedroom and they just put together two single beds without even putting a bed sheet to cover it and pretend it is a double bed.

Temperature was 25 degrees C, but there is no air conditioning, wifi works in the hallway, but not in the bedroom and when I asked the service desk about it, they told me they were sorry, but it was MY PROBLEM. So yeah, no air conditioning, no wifi, Mosquitos get in due to the open windows (because, again, no air conditioning) and the phone in the room doesn't work.

So no, I wouldn't recommend it. I would have stayed in the hotel in the airport or sleep in a bench there and taken the 60 euros in cash if I knew I would be camping in an old building.

• Stayed July 2014
Michelle v, Manager at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I am sorry on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Please feel free to contact me on H0649-AM1@accor.com to discuss this further. Kind regards, Miriam Groenveld Executive Assistent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Amsterdam was pretty tropical last weekend and I was unpleasantly surprised to learn that Ibis rooms were not equipped with air conditioning. Window was just not enough to cool the room. I had to open the door as well to allow some fresh air to flow. Obviously to keep the door open all night was not an option and I got to experience the most terrible hotel night ever.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Michelle v, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Amsterdam Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

Michelle van der Lee
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night due to a layover for our flight the next morning. It was easy to find the shuttle bus stop and the wait was short. The room was very small but clean and very functional. We didn't eat at the hotel but the food prices were typical hotel food prices. The next morning the shuttle service was punctual. Wouldn't recommend for a long stay but would definitely stay here for an overnight stay before a flight the next day.

Room Tip: Face towels are not provided so you should have your own.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Michelle v, Manager at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at [Hotel name], I look forward to your next visit.

Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

*The key for storing your luggage in the room is given to anyone. The desk attendants just handed to key to anyone to put their luggage in the room. No one supervises the room. Anyone could walk in there and take whatever they want. When my husband went back to pick up our luggage, there was a pile of poop in the corner of the room. (literally a pile of crap!!)
* Asked if would be possible to have a handicap accessible room - the entire hotel has only one room.
* Ibis claims to be air conditioned. But the dials don't work or adjust the temperature. I called reception about this. He said that customers don't control the temperature - the hotel does.
*When we go to the room, we found the door's dead bolt didn't lock. (1105). Hotel was booked full - no other rooms were available.
* The towels for the shower were threadbare.

First and last stay at an ibis hotel!! I can't imagine what the ibis budget hotel experience would be.

Room Tip: My tip to choosing a good room - stay at any hotel that isn't an ibis hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Really sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t up to expectations. I would very much like to discuss with you in person. Please could you call me on 0031 20 502 5278. I also send you an email to you, it also possible to answer my email.

Provo, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed one night at the Ibis, due to a forced layover. You do have to take a shuttle to the Ibis, but it is only 10 minutes. The free shuttle bus arrived soon after I got to the curbside (and located the right area to stand). It appeared that the shuttles were running every 20-30 minutes during the afternoon. The staff were very helpful upon our arrival, and I paid for the room right at the beginning so I would not have to worry about checkout the next morning. They gave me a flyer with the scheduled shuttle departures to the airport, and the shuttle was running right on time. The room itself was very basic, as you might expect for a low-price alternative like this. Very clean, and I had no problems with air conditioning. It was comfortable enough, and I did not have any problems with noise. Wi-fi was decently fast. I found the bed to be quite comfortable, as well. All in all, it was a good night's sleep. I did not take breakfast in the morning as it was very expensive. Otherwise, no complaints.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Michelle v, Manager at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on the website. We are very glad that you gave us a 5 out of 5 score on Tripadvisor.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

First off never been a fan of central air unless you are able to keep it fairly cool. Some of their rooms have air conditioning built in so you can control and others don't. Stayed in one room that did and was comfortable and able to sleep. Stayed in one that doesn't. To add to that the windows basically open a little and have a huge holes in the screens. Its not super cheap, so I would expect a better experience for the cost. The shuttle was nice to and from the air port. However I don't consider this a perk for a hotel that labels themselves an airport hotel. It is to be expected I would think.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Amsterdam Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Unfortunately, not all our rooms are air-conditioned. I will advice you for your next stay to give airconditioning as a preference. When there is a room available with airconditioning we will do our best to arrange this for you.

Midland, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We decided fairly spur of the moment to stay here for two nights. All-in-all it was a good experience. A few things...
It was clean although the floors seemed a bit sticky. Perhaps due to whatever they use to clean the floors with. The bed was comfortable. We booked 3 rooms and one of them was really quite hot (no air/con). There's no tissues, hand towels, no hooks in the bathroom. Good water pressure in the shower.

The breakfast was fine. Lots of selection and everything was tasty.

The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Our three rooms weren't together and she went above and beyond to call housekeeping and get us all three together. The service desk also helped us out on at least 3 different occasions. When I had trouble with the lobby computer getting us checked in for our flight, they immediately took my information and checked in for me on their computer, printing my boarding passes for me.

The parking is exorbitant. 17.50 Euros for a day but we had to leave and come back in order to fill our car with gas as we had to be at the airport for 5am in the morning. It cost us 32.50Euros to get out that time and then another 17.50 Euros when we left. They've got you over a barrel on that one.

One tip... they sell large bottles of water for 5 or 6 Euros (I thought 5 but my dad said 6 and he's the one that bought one). We went to a grocery store nearby when we got gas and paid 0.85 Euros for the same bottle...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review. We treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness. This is very important for us to be able to improve our quality of service.

Executive Assistent

Been to Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!