“Consistently poor customer service & food” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schipholweg 181, 1171 PK Badhoevedorp, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Badhoevedorp
Hong Kong, China
“Consistently poor customer service & food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was one of the stranded passengers of KLM and was assigned by my airline to this hotel due to its proximity to the airport. This hotel was not at all look like a normal 3-star hotel, there is no proper lobby setting and the reception staff seemed to be constantly busy on the phone - yes, while people were queuing up for check in. I waited for about 15-min to finally got my room key. Because the airline had paid for the room and the meal i had no clue how much they charged per room. Once settled into my room, which was assigned on the ground floor (for the first time in my life that a hotel not motel, has actually got guest rooms on ground floor), the hotel must be running full house to have allowed its guests to stay on the ground floor, i couldn't be bothered cos i wasn't paying for it. But apparently, it wasn't, the hotel was dead quite the whole night and the two restaurants on 1 first were empty the whole night.
The bedroom was spacious, clean and bed was comfit. Nothing to complaint.
Both my dinner and breakfast buffet were paid for by the airline. And the meals were arranged at a canteen which i believed is used for internal function only because the place is dirty, badly lit and the cafeteria area was very much look like my primary school canteen.
To be very honest, i haven't eaten any bad meals in any hotel for years that i've almost forgotten that a beef could actually not able to taste like a beef, and soup of-i-don't-know-what could actually be tasteless? Thanks Ibis, i had all the bad food in one shot!
I wasn't informed of the check-out time being sharp 12pm. It wasn't written on my paper the airline handed to me nor the front desk staff had reminded me. And because my flight is not until 12am, i naturally think i could stay till when it was almost time for my flight.
So i went to the city and was back around 5pm only to find the room door was locked. Guess what next? I approached the front office and was told in a sarcastic way that i had to pay Euro100 to get my room opened. I rejected and insisted to speak with the airline on this and I put the airline rep through to speak with the guy. After about 10min, the guy reacted nonchalantly, and said, "Okie, 5mins". Again, i said i needed at least 15mins to pack my luggage as I haven't packed my stuff still..."No, 5mins! or you pay Euro100 for another hour", with a very flat tone and straight face. What kind of customer service is this? I was very disappointed with such as inferior treatment, I quickly rushed back to my room and packed everything, and because i had so much to pack, i called again to the front office asking for another 15min, another lady picked up the phone and spoke in exactly the same manner as the previous guy did "Nope, u need to leave in 15min!" What a consistently poor customer service.
So because i left in a rush, I left my jacket and my headphone in the room!
But i need to stress here, the service rendered to the westerner was very different than that of to Asian. If you're don't mind to be judged being an Asian guests in the hotel - go ahead and try.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Amsterdam Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I would like to ask you to send me some more details concerning your stay directly, like your arrival date to address the problem and prevent future occurrence? You can contact me directly via H0649-SL@accor.com.

1,478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Ibis hotel is a basic hotel which has clean and comfortable but small rooms. It is very near the airport and has a free shuttle bus to and fro at regular intervals.

Though far from the main city of Amsterdam, there are many ways to travel to the city from the airport. The airport itself is full of shops and great places to eat specially for breakfast. The train takes about half hour from airport to the main city center. Also from airport Bus goes to the Tulip Gardens. It is a decent option if you are travelling by air.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the review. Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay in general.
We look forward welcoming you back at ibis Amsterdam Airport.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

After cancelling our flight out, KLM/Delta put us up overnight at this hotel with dinner and breakfast included -- both in the "Carribean restaurant" as a buffet. The food was fairly plain and unappetizing, but there was plenty. The rooms are basic, functional but they smelled terrible -- most likely the smell was coming from the bathroom drain (the fan ran continuously, but didn't make a difference). The free wifi was fast and good, a definite plus!

Room Tip: there is a lot of construction currently, but our room in the A3 wing didn't suffer from any out...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kimberly P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Amsterdam Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Delia Padberg
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Journey fro Paris to Netherland is special if you have a hotel like IBIS, no need to worry and resting in evening after long travel is eased out easily. It has good shopping store and nice place to dine. Morning break fast was as rich as the hospitality of Netherland.

Room Tip: Corner Suits
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your very kind words. Very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I spent one night on 7 Feb here as I had a connecting flight early morning. I would definitely recommend it as it is an excellent balance price/quality. I did consider for a moment the Sheraton which is literally at the airport, but the free shuttle bus to Ibis was okay and in 10min or so you are there. Outside the main hall, turn right and head towards bus stop A9. The shuttle will stop at Ibis budget, then this Ibis and then I think it goes to Novotel. On the way back to the airport, the airport is actually the first stop, so no time wastes. Reception has a handy timetable and the bus was sharp on time.
Free wifi. Excellent service from everyone. Good room with good bed, clean and quiet.
Definitely recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear guest,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience on Tripadvisor.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Short stay near airport, don't waste your money booked this hotel.... Very good shuttle to airport and hotel 3-4 per hour...
Good best, nice enough bathroom for short stay...
Nice front staff...
I will return on my way back from Bali...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear guest,

We look forward welcoming you back at ibis Amsterdam Airport on your way back from Bali.

Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I slept there for catching a flight early the following morning. The hotel is located at 1 km or so of the P3 long duration parking, which is convenient if you're gonna park your car there while traveling.
The building and amenities looks brand new and quite fancy. The room I got was not so large but sufficient for one person. The design was modern, something that I appreciate. I paid about 50 euros for the room, which is quite a bargain for the quality of the hotel. On the other hand, parking on the premises of the hotel costed me about 20 euros, which is not cheap.
Anyway, I recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear guest,

I noticed you point out P3 to park the car during travelling. At ibis Amsterdam Airport we do offer this package as well. For a supplement, €20 / €30 you can book a Park, Sleep and Fly package which is including 21 days parking.

Thank you again for your extensive feedback. Hopefully we, or one of our other accor hotels can welcome you back soon.

Sales Coordinator

Been to Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!