“Calm et clean hote” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Badhoevedorp
Angers, France
“Calm et clean hote”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Nice hotel, clean rooms, the staff is very available and welcoming. Appart the fact that on the site it's written that french is spoken, and we don't meet someone speaking french, it was a great trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your kind review. It's good to hear that you enjoyed your stay in general.
Concerning your remark about our french speaking team, could you please inform me on which website you found this information. It is correct we do few employees who speak French, but not the entire team.

Thank you again for your comments; your feedback is very valuable to us!

1,371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed in this hotel as part of a Trafalgar tour. The hotel is quite a way out of the city extremely close to the airport, you can hear the air traffic. The hotel rooms were quite ok nothing flash but everything you needed. Hotel was clean. Breakfast was hot buffet which suited our needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

The soundproofing of the rooms is usually experienced to be very sufficient. I am sorry to hear you had a different experience. I will ask our maintenance department to do an extra check on all the windows to make sure all of them are still in perfect working condition.

I do thank you for your valuable feedback. It is my hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Best regards,

Paramaribo, Suriname
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Value for money, easy to reach with a shuttle bus from Schiphol Airport.
Rooms are a little bit small, but not a problem for a short stay.
Snackbar offers a nice and tasty tomato soup and the restaurant a proper Ribeye steak.
Nothing spectacular but good value for money/

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit.
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at ibis Amsterdam Airport.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Ibis was cheap but unfortunately the rooms are far from luxurious. The staff were nice all friendly and with that typical Dutch laid back aura (not to say they are not helpful).

The hotel is well equipped considering what you pay, with a gym, cafe, bar, restaurant, breakfast hall and a diner. during our stay there was a big negative and that was construction work being carried out just 10 yards from my room this meant no late sleeps for me (although i had to be up anyway) this was not acknowledged in anyway by the hotel and even when i mentioned it to the reception, the lady just said we will pass the message on to the management (not sure if that even happened tbh)

Better off eating outside as the diner and restaurant were very expensive for what you get but the breakfast buffet is adequate.

The shuttle service is OK make reaching the city centre easy with a short train ride from the airport station at a cost of about 8-9 euros it takes about 30 mins from hotel to Amserdam in total.

Room service is non-existent after several calls i gave up, they seemed under staffed, the cleaners were polite and helpful in contrast.

I would recommend this hotel if you are visiting for a couple of days with mates. otherwise not very family friendly and very unromantic.

Pros: Cheap, good facilities, prompt shuttle service.

Cons: lacks staff and customer care, rooms are plastered in painted wood-chip wallpaper and lack any luxury with basic beds, cheap tvs with a small choice in channels, and basic bathrooms.

Room Tip: Ask not to be kept in rooms at the beginning of a corridor, they are high traffic areas and often ve...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts on here; your feedback is very much appreciated.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in general and our facilities. I do apologize for the construction work during your stay and I am sorry you were not informed by check-in.

Please rest assured that I forwarded your comments to the responsible departments so we can take the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here for one night as I had to be in the country for business. The shuttle bus goes every 20 mins from the airport but it seemed the staff was not prepared for this and queuing ensued. The check-in staff could have been more welcoming but the check-in went without hickups so that was good. As I wanted to go for dinner, the onsite diner was closed (it only opens during the day which I didn't know and the staff I asked told me in a very 'I cant believe you're asking me this' kind of way) so my only options were one of the two top floor restaurants. I chose Italian which was ok, but the service was very slow and unwilling. Between the time that I had asked for the bill and was able to pay, three other guests had asked for the bill, paid, and left. Like I said: slow. While it was good enough for one night, it was very noisy and I would hesitate to recommend this hotel. I'm normally quite pleased with Ibis, but this one was really not up to the usual standard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

I'm sorry your experience did not meet up to your expectations and that our service wasn’t up to code during your stay.

Your feedback will definitely help us to improve our quality. I have communicated your comments internally with all involved departments to make sure that the service will be on top level from all our employees in the future.

Thank you again for your extensive feedback. Hopefully we, or one of our other ibis hotels can better serve you in the near future.

Sales Coordinator

Been to Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!