“A real jewel” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: In our Trattoria we welcome you with Italian hospitality. We import our own products from Italy like buffalo mozzarella, salami, speck, pasta's and olive oil. We are open daily for lunch and dinner and we have a lovely terrace in the summer. Come and enjoy!
Waalwijk, The Netherlands
“A real jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I just happened to be for work in this town and asked colleagues where I can dine, they recommended this small Italian place at the end of the street.. And there I was. The staff was absolutely friendly, great service! Nicely decorated, though here and there a little bit worn out - a small cut from a knife on the bench and things like that... The food - simply delicious... I had the bruschetta and the grilled tuna. I wish they had in Holland sun ripened tomatoes, then the food would have had that special touch of sunshine... Well, instead they used cherry tomatoes, still tasted great, but.... Too bad I don't live in the neighborhood, otherwise I would have been a regular guest.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
rene s, Eigenaar at Trattoria la Bocca, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write your positive experiences. Too bad you did not taste the sun in the tomatoes...as we do import also most of our fresh ingredients from Italy! We will share your compliments with our (Italian) staff. A presto!

San Antonio, Texas
“Ottima cucina, servizio eccellente”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Discovered this absolutely wonderful Italian Trattoria while staying at a nearby hotel (Novotel Airport). Tired of the hotel food, I headed out the door and within 100 meters, saw this place and stopped in. Great patio, filled with guests. Nice, but small indoor dining area. Very clean, staff is super friendly. It is obvious this is a favorite of the locals. The menu covers the usual Italian Trattoria favorites. Although I did not have the pizza, they looked and smelled wonderful. I sat near the bar where you can observe the pizzas being made. They are quite adequate in size. Instead I chose the mussels and clams in white wine sauce the first night and the second night, I chose the Insalata Caprese. Both were excellent. They have a solid Italian Wine List as well as beer and some liquors. Some would say it is a little pricey, but I think it falls right in line with other restaurants in the area. If I had a layover at Schipol, I would catch the Novotel Hotel shuttle and enjoy a meal at this restaurant. And if you are staying at the Novotel Airport, well, lucky you, as they serve both lunch and dinner! Bon appetito!

Visited August 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write your positive experiences. We are happy you found us ;-)
It is nice that you took time to share your experiences with other travelers. The Accor group hotelshuttle to the Novotel is free of charge and can be used also for our guests. (runs 2-3 times per hour) It is a 2 minute walk to our Trattoria La Bocca (and our Hotel Herbergh Amsterdam Airport)

We will share your compliments with our (Italian) staff, grazie mille, A presto!

Woodstock, Georgia
“Great meal and relaxing time after a long week of travel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The food was great and the service was outstanding. I ordered the Frutti del mare and it was the the best. This is my standard that I now compare other similar dishes. I will definitely go back the next time I am at Schipol.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write your positive experiences. It is nice that you took time to share your experiences with other travelers. The Accor group hotelshuttle to the Novotel is free of charge and can be used also for our guests. (runs 2-3 times per hour, from Schiphol airport or from the Ibis hotel) It is a 2 minute walk to our Trattoria La Bocca (and our Hotel Herbergh Amsterdam Airport)

Port Alfred, South Africa
“Good food in excellent setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Very nice terrace with efficient service and nice Pizza's. Had dinner here whilst staying over at the 'Herbergh Hotel' and were not disappointed. Make sure to make a reservation though when the weather is nice as it can get quite full.

Visited July 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write your positive experiences. It is nice that you took time to share your experiences with other travelers. We find it very nice to read that you stayed in our hotel and took time to have dinner in our Trattoria La Bocca. We always make sure there is a table for our hotelguests (with preference) but is can be quit busy so it always to recommend reservations!

Island of Malta, Malta
“Great Italian food and wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

A charm modern trattoria and pizzeria. Great food and lovely atmosphere.... great evening with a glass of an Italian wine with your loved one. What you want more!

Visited May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and your visit to our Trattoria.