“Not as bad as it sounds!” 3 of 5 stars

Hightop Hotel
and 1 more site!
You added Hightop Hotel to your Saves list
Hightop Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prins Hendrikweg 19, 2202 EC Noordwijk, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Noordwijk
swindon
“Not as bad as it sounds!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

When i was told that the group i was going with would be going to Hightop, i checked here and i was not filled with faith from the reviews, the pictures do not do it justice, yes it is a little bit out dated but most of the staff were friendly, though if you have any valuables it may be best ( Especially money and small electronic devices) to keep them with you because after the first day i found my laptop on, asking for my boot up password, and about 5 euros missing in change, my room mate found his 10 euro note swapped with a 5 so we were not impressed with this!

The food was bellow satisfactory, breakfast was ok, lunch i did not even attempt to eat, a 2 bits of bread and a chunk of cheese made from the breakfast items in a paper bag, and dinner has now made me ill ( i think it is the food but i may be incorrect). We stayed in the building separated from reception, the lobby area there was nice and airy and was roomy enough for 10 of us to play poker!

Overall i think that the hotel was average at best, if it were to be modernized and the food improved i would think that a better review would be needed!

Room Tip: The rooms in the block separate form reception are more modern but you have to walk to the other bui...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Gorinchem, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

At the begining of march I have arrange 2 overnights in this hotel. From that day I wrote them twice or even more and called them few times - I got via phone reference and was confirmed it's enough to have everything confirmed. When reached the place last weekend of May (date of staying) they at reception I was told there are no rooms left - they told me reservation was not confirmed (wondering whose responsibility it was considering unanswered mails and made phones). So they told me I can find myself something else as next day there will be one free room. Basiclly hotel is not realiable, parking spots are small and there is not enough of them as also "customer care and service" are not exisiting.
My advice - find some other hotel to stay!!!!!

Room Tip: find some other hotel to stay!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed at this hotel because it was close to Keukenhof and it was on the less expensive side compared to other hotels in the area. It was way overpriced for what it was. The hotel was in a nice neighborhood and close to the beach and gardens, but the rooms were cramped and outdated. The bed was comfortable and we were happy to have a quadruple room, but it was tight to move around and the bathroom extremely small. The toilet kept running for at least 15 minutes after each use so we had to make sure the door was always shut soot didn't bother us. Also, the bathroom light was wired to the entry light so you could not turn the bathroom light on at night without the light in the room coming on. The staff was really good and very helpful. I doubt that we would stay here again, but for 2 nights, it served its purpose but nothing more. The free wifi, parking and buffet breakfast were all a plus.

Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

The hotel is badly in need of renovation and I would judge that this has probably been the case for quite some time.
Some rooms are damp and musty and the bathrooms were were small. In one room the shower head was broken and there was hardly any flow. In a second room, the shower also only delivered a slow dribble, no matter what time of day you tried it.
I would not be tempted to return here.
The only redeming factor was the staff, who were friendly and efficient, so the one star goes to them and zero to the hotel.
Some patio doors had handles missing so you couldn't open them. Others were so rusted and old that you couldn't lock them, which was a security worry since anyone with a room on the same floor and side could easily cross balconies and enter your room freely.

Room Tip: The room I had in the 'old' hotel smelled very damp and musty. The rooms in the newer part...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed 3 nights but wished could stay longer as the weather was great.We rented bikes and went for a ride in dunes and to the beach. Our kids loved the adventure. And the evenings we spent in the lovely bar watching big screen tv. and playing chekers with our boys.
Our bathroom was on the small size. One person at the time :) but it did'n spil our mini vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hightop Hotel? Share your experiences!