“Perfect Pizza, Good Food, Painfully slow service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 51 Restaurants in Marsascala
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Malta
“Perfect Pizza, Good Food, Painfully slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Their pizza must be one of the best on the island. In one of my other reviews I went into the detail of what I consider necessary (or rather mandatory) to serve the perfect pizza. Well at Cote d' Azur all credentials come together with the result being aTrue Napolitan Pizza baked to perfection. Thumbs up to their pizzaiolo (rigorously from Naples), shame I cannot recall his name.

Selection of other dishes served at this restaurant is quite decent and includes salads, pasta,poultry, meats and fresh fish. Portions are extraordinarily large and abundant. All dishes are genuinely prepared and freshly cooked every time.

Perhaps this fact alone contributes to what I (and many others) consider to be the major flaw of this restaurant; a painfully slow service - which is a real pity. On several occasions I have verbally brought this matter to the attention of the staff and management but still they seem to never address the issue. I wouldn't be lying if I say we had to wait for a full 70 minutes to be served a pizza, a grilled steak and a portion of chicken nuggets for the kids. And the place on this occasion wasn't that full either.

I mean the place has so much potential to do better, in order to offer its patrons a great dining experience that this recurrent long waiting time is truly a shame. I'd like to rate this place at a higher level even because food is really tasty and genuine, but ultimately the long waiting time spoils the day!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best Pizza in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I must say despite the lack of service which can easily be improved, the Pizza is fantastic and well worth the wait. We never had any of the other dishes except for a plain sauce pasta which was also good so I cannot comment but when I am in a mood for a great Pizza Cote D'Azur is the place I go to.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Lucija, Malta
“Can improve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went to this restaurant on three occasions. I must say that the quality of the food is good. I had pizza and meat dishes which were of good quality and the portions were quite reasonably sized. Lacking a bit is the service which, although the waiters and the patron are quite friendly, it is on the slow side. Also the decor can be improved as some columns need repainting and unused electrical sockets covered. Settling these simple matters would surely improve the rating of an other wise good and reasonably proced eating place.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham
“Good Food with Attentive and Friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed in Marsascala for two weeks in March 2012 and this became our favourite restaurant. The staff were friendly and attentive and the chef was always in the restaurant advising us on our selections and in particular being prepared to modify our food as we wanted according to our tastes. The food was always fresh and in particular the sea food was glorious. He even asked us if we had had enough fish after we had eaten two huge portions of locally caught grouper!
A relaxed atmosphere and a great place to eat!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MALTA
“A horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I went there with my friends to celebrate two birthdays. We ordered drinks however not all of them arrived and we had to tell the waiter over and over again. Secondly, they did not have the kind of meat that we wanted to order. Moreover, they only got us four pieces of bread and two portions of butter when we were 8 on the table. We ordered food at 9.15pm and at around 10 they got us two dishes,however after 10 mins the waitress realised that she made a mistake as they were supposed to go on another table. We pointed out that salt and pepper were added to the food, but she said it does not matter, the chef will arrange everything. Five mins later another waiter came along with the dessert which obviously was not ordered by us as we were still waiting to be served the main course!!! This shows the mismanagement of the restaurant!! Two mins later the same plates were given to the clients sitting on the nearby table!!! What a shame! At 10.25 we were still waiting for our food and one of us complained to the head waiter however he did not even bother to apologise! We were so frustrated with their attitude that we decided to walk away even though we were so hungry. The cashier tried to stop us and told us that she had nothing to do with all this and she wasn't aware of what was happening!!! This is so unbelievable. They were so rude and treated us really badly. The restaurant is very nice and the food is good as I already went there once but after such experience I would never go again!! They have to learn how they should treat customers!!! THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!

• Visited February 2012