“Fish n chip night” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Marsascala
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Bay Leaf offers dining in a warm and relaxed ambience. Our menu is a delightful variety of European dishes professionally and passionately prepared by our Chef and his dedicated kitchen crew. You will be tended to by our Maitre and the restaurant team, whose commitment is to ensure that your visit to The Bay Leaf is a pleasant dining experience.
Pembroke, Malta
“Fish n chip night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Last Saturday my wife and I visited this restaurant again and upon entrance were greeted by the hosts.

We were invited to try the new fish & chips recipe specially prepared by chef Glen. The taste of the fresh halibut fish and its crispy batter was simply exquisite. The food was prepared perfectly.

I was pleased to taste the fresh fried Maltese potatoes that came with the fish, as opposed to the usual pre-packed fries one would expect from a restaurant.

To end this magnificent meal we decided to order the chocolate fondant with Belgian chocolate and pistachio ice cream, which were mouthwatering and concluded the meal excellently.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“An Amazing Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

It was my partner and I's 5 year anniversary and my parents had recommended The Bay Leaf to us. We are thankful that they did as it is truly one of the best places I have eaten in Malta. The owners are great at making you feel welcome from the moment you walk in the door, they take your jacket and bring you the wine menu (great choices) the bottle we got set us back 10 Euros (we thought this price was great as it was a great bottle of wine) The starters we ordered came and were great, the same with the main meals, I cannot stress enough the food was amazing and the portions didn’t look that large but still was enough for us to leave some at the end. (we accepted the doggy bag for later) I know I can go on a bit but the owners were really nice, never wanted us to feel rushed or anything and when they found out we were celebrating our 5 year anniversary they brought us a drink on the house as well as a piece of chocolate cake with a sparkler in it ;-) was lovely. We truly had a special meal and the atmosphere made even more special and will be going back as soon as we are back in Malta.

Rabat, Malta
“A Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My girlfriend and I were looking for a quiet place to visit for dinner and got to know about the establishment via tripadvisor. I can sincerely say that this hidden gem really does deserve the #1 spot in Marsaskala. We booked online via their website, where one can conveniently find their exquisite menu.

The décor is beautiful and welcoming, and the staff are friendly and professional. The dishes are just heavenly and the price tags very reasonable. The Bayleaf will definitely be seeing us again in the future. We highly reccommend it.

Valletta, Malta
“Family celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The atmosphere was very good, in fact you can share an intimate conversation. We liked the menu since it has a variety of cuisine. The rib-eye steak was tender and cooked to our expectations. The price is reasonable compared to foods and the service. The host, server and cook were very friendly and polite. Would definitely go there to discover other foods on the menu particularly some fish dishes.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome food and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner yesterday and first thing we noticed was the very homey atmosphere and friendly owner who welcomed us so nicely. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced, and the portions were good also. Absolutely recommend to anyone who is looking for a restaurant in Marsascala. Will definitely be going back soon :)

Visited March 2014