“Pleasant surprise of a hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ibis Styles Paris Porte D'orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 avenue Aristide Briand, 92120 Montrouge, France   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Montrouge
Riga
“Pleasant surprise of a hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I usually do not prefer to stay in chain-hotels, but as I was making my booking rather late, there was not much of a choice. I chose this hotel because of decent price, location and good reviews and I was not disappointed.
Location wise it is almost at the end of Nr.4 metro line, which can take you to the center of Paris, so that was very convenient - we just left our car in the parking and explored Paris on foot and public transport from there. Plus the car can stay in the garage until 18:00 the next day when paying 13 EUR, so it is quite convenient.
Room was very spacious, clean and nicely designed, nothing more to wish for actually.
The only small minus was with some of the reception staff - as some of them were really friendly while some seemed completely uninterested in being polite.
As for breakfast I was quite satisfied - even though the hall was packed with customers, the staff tried to do their best so that no one leaves hungry. Fresh squeezed orange juice and warm croissants were the best part, in any case better than most "French" breakfasts I have had in hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bruno L, Adjointe de Direction at Ibis Styles Paris Porte D'orleans, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Sir,

We thank you very much for these remarks.
We try every day to satisfy our guests and hope to welcome you again very soon.

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lansing, Michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Modern, bright, airy are major first impressions but the real first impression inside the hotel was the receptionist's smile and courtesy. The rooms are comfortable, well designed if a little basic, but everything is clean and works as it should. I was traveling alone but the room would have been perfect for me and my wife. Breakfast was fully adequate. I'd have liked coffee making facilities in the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We thank you very much for your remarks, it helps us to go on this way.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.
Best regards.
TORONTO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed here recently and was very happy with everything. It's very modern and new with AC. The bed was comfortable, the staff very friendly and helpful. Also a very good breakfast. The location is fine - a few minutes to the Metro or the 38 bus which goes through the centre of Paris.
I would stay here again and recommend. A good neighbourhood just south of the Peripherique

Room Tip: the building across the courtyard is quiet and the room have balconies
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel isn't in the best area and its not central. On arrival I found the girl who checked me in to be quite miserable. Once in the room I found the air con to be difficult to understand. I went to ask the receptionist if the air con was set up correctly or if its just not very good (it was 27c outside). Same girl who checked me in then showed me, incorrectly, how to set the air con. I worked it out by looking at the settings on the same switch in a communal area, coming to the conclusion that the air con on the 5th floor of the back building was not as good as it could have been. They also don't provide sheets on the bed only a heavy duvet, in the summer that's crazy. Bed was ok though. I asked for an engineer to check the air con was ok which a man on reception said he would do but clearly he just said that to get rid of me, nice touch Ibis! Overall the staff were ok but a few just rude. In fact the breakfast staff seemed far nicer than some of the reception staff. The breakfast was ok, but lacked variety for 10 euros (this was included in my rate) - to be honest I probably couldn't have got much better in the local area for less money, so it's worth it.

• Stayed June 2013
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a very nice and clean hotel. The beds are really comfortable, the rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast is very good. The hotel is located just outside the city centre, but very close to the subway and tram.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My experience with IBIS styles hasn't been one of the best to remember as I have been a victim of the hotel overbooking and this has happened twice now in the last one year

I had to be moved to another hotel by the accor group for this reason and although they pay the difference of room fare and also for taxi service, as per me its no favour at all.

I work close to this hotel and this time around they put in a hotel at the Orly airport and that took me an 1 hour to reach office because of the horrendous Paris traffic. These experiences have eroded my confidence in this hotel and I would hesitate to book there for another time.

This hotel is no more economical as well, which it was when it opened last year and it is no real value for money anymore. There are other cheaper hotels around Porte D'Orleans and also in Montparnasse, a location that is much closer to Paris and better than Montrouge

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bruno L, Directeur général at Ibis Styles Paris Porte D'orleans, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Sir,

We took in consideration your noticed and understand your disappointment but know tha it remains exceptional.
That's not the way we want to work.
We apologize to you and hope to welcome you again in best conditions the next time.
We will do our best to avoid it.

Many thanks and best regards.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my family (wife & 5-year-old) having read favourable reviews and wanting to stay somewhere affordable and clean for a short holiday in Paris. We were amazed at how wonderful this little hotel is, considering its location on the edge of arguable one of the most overpriced cities on earth.

The reception staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. We found the room spotlessly clean, very bright & colourful (nice), and perfectly spacious enough for the 3 of us and our luggage. We had a room on the 5th (top) floor of a building accessed through the back courtyard overlooking the breakfast room (and entrance) - there was almost no noise whatsoever from the busy streets outside.

As others have mentioned, the breakfast buffet was simple but really adequate for us - lots of fresh croissants, yoghurts, breads and simple slices of cheese & ham. Lots of coffee & tea either from the 2 machines available during breakfast or throughout the day from the convenient kettle in reception.

Location was great - about 7-10 mins walk from the metro (then pretty quick to the touristy things in the city centre). There's a really useful Carrefour supermarket across the street which seemed to close at 9pm - reception staff were so helpful letting us borrow cutlery, plates & bottle opener! Will definitely be coming back!!

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a room facing the inner courtyard - it's still very bright and airy but like...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ibis Styles Paris Porte D'orleans? Share your experiences!