“Quite OK stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Montrouge
Poland
“Quite OK stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Having in mind how expensive Paris is this hotel is not a bad solution. Located quite close to metro station gives you a chance to quickly reach Paris attractions. No free parking for the car - 12 EUR per day. Cold buffet for breakast - nice and tasty with fresh orange juice. In the reception you can find tea cnd coffee corner (for free), Wi-Fi working ok (also for free). In general - we were quited happy with our 5 nights stay with 2 childre, we had two connecting room which was really convenient - in this way you gaining 1 extra bathroom. You can see hotel is newly renovated, quite clean, staff friendly but better when you speak French. What I do not like is that they did not add any points to my loayalty Le Club card and since two weeks I am waiting for the invoices duplicates. Without them you cannot claim the points.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Where to start ?
we arrived outside the hotel looking for the car park(not clearly signposted) went inside to enquire was told it was around the back got parked shocked to see signs stating the car park was £12 a day which we were not told about when we booked,straight away £60 more for 4 days.we went to our room and it was nice and new but the bathroom was dirty ,toothpaste on the sink dirty footprints and a dirty towel on the window cill.
worst of all the room air con did not work at all and it was 35 degrees outside so as you can imagine the room was so stuffy i complained and the receptionist said i could change rooms she gave me a card for another floor but 3 rooms later she came up with me to check for herself -no air con in the whole block !!! said it was sunday could do nothing so we were moved to the main block in 2 adjoining rooms finally a cool room.
In the morning we had breakfast (cold buffet )which was nice and then the lift broke not good when we were on the 5th floor and broke it remained for another 3 days =( without any apology
when we got back from our day out we found our room door was not shut properly by the cleaner i complained but it happened again
The surrounding area around the hotel is very desolate with no welcoming features at all and i felt quite uneasy walking back there at night from the metro with my wife and daughter through dimly lit streets with beggers and degenerates everywhere
Overall ok for a buisness stop over a big no no for families you have been warned would not stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hereford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my family in 2 interconnecting rooms. The rooms were good, new and well decorated with good showers. The intial receptionist was very friendly and welcoming but was only on shift in the afternoon. The lifts are a little disconcerting if you don't like lifts (which I don't), you need to use your key card to operate them and I decided to use the stairs instead. This is when the problems started! It was no problem to go downstairs but when we returned and wanted to go upstairs we found the door locked. We tried to use our cardkey but it didn't work and then the rudest, most unpleasant hotel receptionist I have ever encountered told us that we weren't allowed to use the stairs and had to use the lift. I explained in French and then English that I wanted to use the stairs and she kept insisting that we couldn't, it was only when my partner intervened and spoke to her in English that she stormed off, got a card and opened the door. Later on after returning to the hotel she was still on duty (the only person) and when we approached reception to ask for coffee (no drinks facilities in the rooms) she disappeared into the back office and after waiting for 10 minutes we called her and she appeared. I asked her in French if she spoke English and she said no and then in English asked what did we want! We asked for coffee, she told us that there wasn't any! In Paris! and then we asked for hot chocolate, she told us the machine was broken and that she'd have to use another, alot of rolling of eyes (hers) and stomping about. I asked to see the manager and she said that there wasn't one on a Sunday (all in French), I told her that I thought she had a bad attitude and she told me that she didn't because she was making us drinks. After waiting another 10 minutes the drinks still hadn't materialised and we gave up! Reading in the room it stated that there was a hospitality area where we could help ourselves to water and make our own hot drinks (later told that as the hotel was new it wasn't ready).
I complained to the very helpful manager in the morning about our experience and she was delightful, stating that she wanted us to have a good experience the next time we came to Paris and instead of offering us a discount on the room she would write to us and offer us a free room as compensation, needless to say we have never heard from them again! You live and learn. Its a shame as the other receptionist was so lovely but the whole trip was marred by the aggressive and rude behaviour of this one staff member. There are loads of hotels in the locality so there is no need to stay at this one!

Room Tip: Interconnecting rooms seen a good option
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bucharest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

..they will call a friend that will charge you 80 euros to the airport GDG, fix Sunday price, no meter/counter in the car, no signs on the taxi.
The taxi driver will give you a receipt for the money you pay.

When I told the driver that I am going to talk to the hotel about the price I am charged he gave me 10 euros back

Usually the trip from Montrouge- Paris to GDG costs max 63 euros. the taxi comes with about 11-12 euros on the meter.

a trip from GDG to Montrouge- Paris (night price) costs about 52 euros.

The hotel is new, nice rooms, clean. Very small rooms. If you open your suitcase there is no more space. I can not see how two persons could stay in that room.

Only breakfast is served: vienoiseries, apples, fresh orange juice, ham, two sorts of cheese, yogurt, butter, cereals.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ibis Styles Paris Porte D'orleans? Share your experiences!