“We felt we were disturbing!” 1 of 5 stars

10 Boulevard Ormesson, 95880 Enghien Les Bains, France
01 34 12 35 35
Improve this listing
Paris, France
“We felt we were disturbing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stepped into this (apparently pleasant) place, attracted by its cleanliness and inviting menu. At 1:00pm only 20% of the tables were occupied.
It took 5-7 minutes to get noticed by the personnel. Eventually we were given a table in the back of the restaurant, right in front of the kitchen's entrance. With a smile, I asked for a better table (there were dozens!). The waiter arrogantly told us that this was the only one available. We felt we were disturbing, decided to leave and politely told the man.
I asked him to identify himself with his first name, he refused. When I suggested that I may think of writing a review on the internet, the man's reaction was: "I don't care".
I understand that "La Boucherie" is a French chain, with approximately 70 restaurants.
Although there won't be a "next time" for us any time soon, I wish the Restaurant's (and Chain's) management, in their own interest, will teach their personnel that customers... aren't really a disturbance!

• Visited November 2011