Could have been so much better! The room was basic but what we expected and full of lovely character with wooden beams. We stayed 10 nights. It was very clean and in good repair. The setting was wonderful and only a short walk to a fab beach. We were upgraded but I hate to think how small and basic the other rooms are. At the start of the week it was very quiet but towards the end a few other people turned up to stay this is when you can here everything that goes on upstairs and next door, talking, tolieting, music, TV....everything! sadly our neighbour snored as he had a cold so lots of blowing noses, coughing etc. The staff were really friendly and polite however communication from the staff would have made things easier for us. We should have researched more to find out that the island closes down half way through September and everything closes for tourists, even though there were a lot of us still around. We should have gone self catering as finding open restaurants was a night mare and cost an absolute fortune. The pool was stunning but full of algae, the restaurant shut for lunch and half way through the week we were told that we couldn't eat evening meal at the restaurant without pre booking and only had one set meal choice as the chef was winding down the food. We weren't told this until we turned up to eat! The breakfast is really bad and we paid for an upgrade because we had read the reviews on here saying it was rubbish but I wasn't prepared for just how bad! we weren't offered anything extra at a cost or not. we couldn't use the sauna/spa as was all shut up.
- Also Known As:
- Il Monastero Quartu Sant Elena
- Il Monastero Hotel
- Hotel Il Monastero Sardinia, Italy - Quartu Sant'Elena
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic records relate that the original building was founded by the Friars (this is proved by the small church still present on the site); over the years it was turned into a flourishing farm as it can be inferred by the structure and also by the orchard.Because of the ancient features still visible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Olotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Il Monastero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.