What a wonderful place to stay and the family that own it make you feel so welcome in every way.
We had six day in this beautiful little villa in the grounds of Monteriggioni Castle.
It is so very private with its own little courtyard that is gated off to others. The rooms are very generous with two bedrooms,bathroom with shower (no bath) but that was great as we never use a bath, small but lovely kitchen and beautiful large lounge to relax in after days out exploring the beautiful countryside of Tuscany.
Its so very central to everything but of course a car is a must plus a good GPS as some of the country roads can be poorly signed.
It is so close to everything Pisa,Sienna,San Gimigniano,Grieve in Chianti and Florence to which it is much easier to travel to by train which you can catch in Sienna as parking in Florence can be very hit and miss and also very expensive.
Elisabetta and her brother are so helpful they told us of many places to visit plus many good places where we could eat and very cheaply. We got a puncture while we were there and Elisabetta even organised a place where we could get it fixed by ringing and booking it for us which was a great help and it was done immediately. They also provided us with many maps
- Also Known As:
- Monteriggioni Castello Hotel Monteriggioni
- Monteriggioni Castello Hotel
- Monteriggioni Castello Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming holiday-house within the medieval walls of Monteriggioni. A fortified village right in the heart of Tuscany a few km away from Siena and Florence. Recently restructured it's both elegant and refined, family-run it also has an informal atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Monteriggioni Castello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.