Beautiful views, quaint property, delightful staff. They do everything very nicely here, for a place in a remote setting where you wouldn’t expect it. The man that seemingly did all the tasks at the property was very sweet, and even walked us to our room upon check in to show us the rose petals they had sprinkled on our bed in celebration of our 10-year anniversary. Our room’s bathroom was very updated (by far the nicest bathroom we had in 5 cities in Italy). From our balcony, we had an amazing view from our room overlooking the gorgeous, although not so useful, pool. Beyond the pool is the rolling countryside, and you can see San Gimignano on the hill in the distance. They did a surprisingly nice breakfast down by the pool, and our “all-tasks” man would even whip up a cappuccino for you upon request. Great little lounge area to relax with a Chianti after a day of walking castles, and it is about as quiet a place you will find in order to catch up on sleep for the next day’s events. They even have a small spa room, where you can choose from a menu of treatments. Don't expect to get a "couple's massage," however, since there is only one table. We look forward to visiting again!
- Also Known As:
- Relais Castel Bigozzi Hotel Monteriggioni
- Relais Castel Bigozzi Hotel
- Castel Bigozzi
- Relais Castel Bigozzi Monteriggioni, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castel Bigozzi, one of the oldest and embattled castles of this area, rises in the land of Strove.In the Middle Ages this castle belonged to the ancestors of the ancient noble Montanini Family. Its coats of arms well relates its history: a red shield, like the earth that surrounds it, a black lion, symbol of courage and battles, glory and defeat .Historical chronicles in fact report that it was a place of refuge and protection for Ghibelline troops. Today, Castel Bigozzi is a hotel residence, offering hospitality to guests from the four corners of the world.A place of antique charm, immersed in the stillness of the Tuscan countryside, where you will feel enveloped by the warmth of the hospitable environment and by the richness of a land that speaks the language of Art, History, Nature and Traditions. An ideal place to find peace and to spend a totally relaxing holiday, in a land that never fails to surprise all year around.To Nature lovers this area offers many pathways for outings on foot, mountain bike or on horseback, following trails of bygone days, bringing the wanderer to breath-taking landscapes like the famous "Crete" of Siena (the Senese Clavey Hills), the Chianti, or one of the many thermal springs of the area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Splendia, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Relais Castel Bigozzi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.