The hotel atmosphere (grounds, drive up, restaurant, sitting areas, pool, etc.) were excellent! The staff were friendly too! We were hoping for a little nicer rooms and a little better concierge service.
With a rental car we explored other sites during the day and then came back to the hotel before dark each day. We love exploring and experiencing different destinations when we travel so we were a little worried about eating dinner at the same place each night, but the restaurant at the hotel ended up being a great way to wrap up each day. The menu changed each night and the main courses were delicate and delicious!
The concierge (young gal) was difficult to work with, but the next day an older gentleman in a suit was at the front desk and was very helpful :)
It was obvious to me that the Inn has put a lot of time and effort into updating the common areas and if they update the rooms next this place will be a true gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borgo San Luigi Relais offers 73 rooms, most with private terrace or garden, allowing a pleasant stay in the heart of the Tuscan countryside, near Sienna. The five buildings making up the original seventeenth-century structure, in the midst of the 60.000 square metre park that surrounds the hotel, have been restructured respecting their original architecture. Due to its remarkable location, between Sienna and Florence, the hotel is a perfect starting point to visit a territory celebrated all over the world for its incomparable natural and artistic heritage, not to mention its food and wine.Borgo San Luigi Relais offers a choice of rooms, including Suites, Junior Suites, Deluxe and Classic Rooms, found in the different buildings within the park. The entire complex follows a rationale that encourages outdoor living, and most rooms therefore have a private balcony, terrace or garden. Guests may thus experience moments of total relaxation and peace in the open air, while enjoying total privacy.!!!!The architecture of the hotel rooms has been preserved in the original structures, with furnishings remindful of ancient country houses of the nobility. Every detail has been carefully considered, period furnishings and textiles have been chosen and matched with flooring in traditional red Tuscan tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Borgo San Luigi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo San Luigi Hotel Monteriggioni
- Borgo San Luigi Monteriggioni, Italy - Tuscany