“Best in town, at a price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Best in town, at a price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I went here twice on my wedding weekend. Once with my fiancé, a few days before getting married and once on my wedding day, for my usher's lunch. Over the days we sampled all of the restaurants in Monteriggioni and this is by far the best, although also by far the most expensive also. Inside it, the setting and service is more formal than the other restaurants in town. If the weather is good, take a spot outside. The food was beautifully cooked, getting quite a few compliments from those ushers who really knew their meat, and the wine list is generous. If you pick one in Monteriggioni, pick this one, just be ready for a bigger bill than expected.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
“Slight disappoited by the Chianina meat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Location is unique,as tables are just in the square of Monteirggioni, probably one of the most fascinating places in the world.
The couisine is not at the same level: good but not excellent.
Pici were actually delicious, nothing to complain about, but I have to say that I would have expected more from the Chianina meat, which proved slightly too hard for my taste.
Staff is average.
Next time in Monteriggioni, I will certainly return in this place, but mainly for its location than for the couisine.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Siena, Italy
“At the price, my overall impression would be 'barely ok'.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Overlooking the main square in the hilltop town of Monteriggioni. Sat lunch, and a decent amount of tourists are taking in this medieval fortified little town. TA ranks this place the highest among the limited competition in town. A glance at the menu makes me suspect it is overpriced. W secondi hitting the 20 euro, you'd expect a place w more class and ambition than this one appears to have. Gardener's salad: flakes of Parmesan cheese on top of shredded lettuce and celery, w 3 olives and a drizzle of oil. Delicate and nice to start off with. Yet, at 8 euro, the profit margin seems rather exaggerated. Even the bruschetta costs 6 euro. My main is a filled (sausage) pasta w truffel, served in paper. The pasta is clearly made on the premise. Good, but maybe a bit too thick. The sausage and truffel combo doesn't convince me, the dish is a bit oily, and the portion size on the smallish side. For dessert a tiramisu. It does the job.
Overall, prices are about 25-30 percent off for what you get. Given that, my overall impression is 'barely ok'. If you leave town, there are several competitive options within a 15 min drive.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Istanbul
“a jewel in Toscana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you travel in Toscana try to visit beautiful Monteriggioni and eat in Il Pozzo . Staff is with very friendly manners and very good recommandations . I had very tasteful samples from the regional kitchen and decided to come again. On a Toscana tour its a good desicion to make a stop by Il Pozzo
mmcin / Istanbul

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, CO
“I don't get it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The setting is great under the umbrella just beside a park. Enjoy the setting because sitting and waiting is what you will do for most of the evening. The food is nothing special on the brink of bad. We don't drink so that was strike one on us. We had a tired and hungry child, strike two. We don't eat a lot of food like the Europeans do, strike three but yet they wouldn't let us out. The place was packed with dinners. Don't let that fool you. Marginal food, high prices, and Americans are held hostage. One last thing, I think that we were served the less desirable tomatoes, cheese, and bread because we were tourists. They don't know the power of the TripAdvisor.

• Visited June 2013