“Lovely hotel; but if it's peace and quiet you want......” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Lindos View
Lindos - Rhodes, Lindos 85107, Greece   |
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Lindos
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel; but if it's peace and quiet you want......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hotel very good within its class. Very well presented and staff friendly and helpful. But.... for those of you who are (as I am) easily disturbed by noise then I would point out (which my Thomas Cook brochure failed to do) that the hotel is located within 100 metres of the busy North/South highway and therefore you will experience traffic noise of varying degree's throughout the day and night. Not such a problem during the day; but the nights could be difficult..
That's all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Profilienos, General Manager at Hotel Lindos View, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guests,

We sincerely thank you for sharing your stay experience with us, whilst we are pleased to learn that your overall stay experience met your expectations and you felt well looked after.

It is indeed a shame to know that you were a bit disturbed by noise though our every room windows and doors are fitted with double glazed glass. But I sincerely regret the issues you have commented about traffic noise from highway. A member of our staff offer you to change a room when you mentioned this issue, however, you refused. I absolutely understand your disappointment about the disturbed sleep.

However, if you visit us again, we will make sure you are allocated in a room depending on your wish. We are ready do utmost to make you feel comfortable.

I am looking forward to welcome you again soon in order to give you the spotless experience you deserve.

Yours sincerely,
Yannis Profilienos
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

My and boyfriend stayed at lindos view. We booked via Thomas Cook. It was our first holiday together and we didn't have a great deal of funds so we booked 6 months in advance to travel in October. It came to about £377 pp. I have stayed in Rhodes before but the next resort up, in Pefkos. I knew the surrounding are had all the amenities and things we could fill our time with like the Acroplis which the hotel had beautiful views of from its rooftop restaurant. We ate in the restaurant twice during our stay and both times the service was excellent despite it being fairly busy on the first night. The food was really good also, better than was expected. Our greeting at the hotel was great. We were the only drop off to lindos view from our transfer coach from the airport. Which takes just under and hour and a half. All the information we needed was provided on check concerning the restauran serving times etc. We where shown to our studio which looked out on to the pool so we literally could just hope over the wall of our outside seating area. The room was clean and fresh on arrival. Open plan with large bath/shower. The pool and outside areas were clean an well kept. The Grounds man was always busy cutting the grass and weeding etc.
The staff are really pleasant and helpful and are happy to help at that.
There is large games room/arcade down stairs which my boyfriend was quite happy to be left in for hours if I'd let him!
They do have entertainment/kareoke a couple of nights a week but unless your a boring old fart it's nothing to complain about. The music was usually off by 11.30.
All in all I was impressed with hotel and its staff and I hope others will find this review helpful when looking at staying at Lindos view!

• Stayed October 2012
stoke-on-trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

we have just returned from the lindos view hotel after our second stay there.yannis and the staff at the hotel are so so helpful friendly and happy to oblige in any way possible.and if you ask for any special requests they will do there very best to help.when we first arrived at lindos last year (the first time in greece) for my niece's wedding,we thought we wern't going to like it.but after the first week we began to like it very much.the people in the village are so friendly ,and we go to watch the local footie matches,at a football venue with great views.which we realy enjoy.the food is also very good.they cook a lovely steak in the restaurant.and the bar meals are very good value.i would like to make one request to the chef?could you add to your menu YOUVETSI.it is i believe a greek dish we sampled in the village at maria's restaurant and was delicious..well !!! on returning home we have just booked a 2 week holiday for 2013.cant wait to go back to the view. two very happy chappies!!!!

Room Tip: if you enjoy a room ask yannis if its possible to book you the same room on return,we did and were g...
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have just returned from a week in Lindos, Staying at the Lindos View. The Hotel is immaculately kept and I noted the cleaners constantly picking up any rubbish left around the Reception area and saw cleaners keeping the steps and downstairs showers and toilet area spotless. Our room was clean and our cleaner very friendly and courteous - coming back when we were still in our room.
Lindos itself is absolutely lovely with many beautiful rooftop restaurants and bars. We didnt actually realise that there was a Restaurant at the hotel upstairs! We only ate at the hotel on our last night as we were waiting for our coach to pick us up, most people seemed to stay in the snack area around the pool in the evening and when we were there I think there seemed to be a large wedding party and lots of regulars who clearly knew the owners and staff and return back year after year. There was a part of me that did feel that we were a little bit anonymous as I have stayed in such smaller pensions and apartments previously where I have always got to know the owners and staff really well which didnt happen at Lindos View but I did note that the staff (wasnt sure who the owner was) had really built up a relationship with people that had obviously regulary visited. I guess this was quite evident as when we left there was no staff that said goodbye as I have always experienced but this is a big hotel and the staff clearly knew alot of the visitors who I presume are regular guests.
There are two pools, I actually preferred the quieter adult pool but as I have children felt that I had to use the other pool which did seem noisier but as I have mentioned there were wedding parties and large families staying.
The Hotel is set up on the main road of Lindos and you have to walk down to the village which really wasn't a problem for us, we did it up to three times a day with two kids so please don't be put off by the location which really isnt far at all and overlooking the village of Lindos and the Acropolis is lovely at Breakfast time!
We stayed at the end of Septmember into October and it was much hotter than I imagined. The air con is 10E a day which we didnt pay but I can imagine if you went in mid Summer it would be a must. All the rooms have either a balcony or a little garden patio which is nice, lots of people used their balcony/patio to eat/drink on. We ate out in Lindos every night but you could easily use the facilities in the room to eat etc should you wish.
Anyway we had a lovely visit to Lindos and would definately recommend the hotel and Lindos to others.

Room Tip: Initially I was disappointed that our room was quite a way from the Reception area but actually it w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was our fifth wedding anniversary, we were married at St Pauls Bay and had our reception at Lindos View. We returned two years ago, and came back for our third visit with friends in Sept 2012. It is a lovely friendly hotel where all the staff (most have been there for years) are always helpful and smiling. The hotel is spotless and the food in the View restaurant is excellent, the apartments are spacious and well maintained. All our party enjoyed there holiday and will return again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Having just returned back from lindos view hotel I just want up say this was truly one of my favourite holidays of all time. The hotel is beautiful and would 100% stay here again, the staff are very friendly and service is excellent! I would recommend this hotel to all family and friends as its one of the best hotels I have stayed in in Greece. Lindos the resort is a magical resort, so pretty, I loved lindos and would defiantly stay at the lindos view. 10/10 a perfect holiday, just sad to be home.

• Stayed September 2012
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The reviews make it sound perfect
Its not .....right next to main road to pefkos and traffic noise an issue......karaoke nights x2 a week and singer Colin jay too loud and goes on till 11.30 .......And over excited wedding parties too....no peace and quite here! Rooms very basic indeed do not be fooled by the hotel photos.
Otherwise Lindos is still beautiful, and we will be back, just staying somewhere else

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Profilienos, General Manager at Hotel Lindos View, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
As a hotel we are open to constructive criticism as we really do want to learn and grow from any mistakes we may make. Our team is always available to speak to all of our customers at any time during their stay to understand what we are getting right and conversely what we must do to improve and to ensure all of our customers have the holiday they want. We felt very disappointed that we learned your case too late that we could not advice or arrange a different room in case of request as we normally do for others.

Firstly, i would like to focus on the title of your comment “the reviews make it sound perfect but it’s not”. We respect your opinion, but we would like to emphasize that there are lots of comments opposite to yours. As a manager of the Lindos View i am proud that Lindos View Hotel has been awarded by the Trip Advisor, Thomson and Thomas Cook many years and we are regularly critiqued by the board to keep our standards high. We are grateful to lots of our customers who come every year and keep us improving our hotel.

You are mentioning that during your stay in Lindos View you were annoyed by the traffic noise. However, the brochure of Thomson, the company you booked hotel with, states that “Lindos view is set on the hilltop near Lindos Town”. Moreover, it shouldn't have been surprising as this information was easy to reach from other reviews. I should highlight, that this location of Lindos View makes the hotel special as provides the view of the Aegean Sea and Acropolis. Anyway, we are always available for communicating with our customers and in your case searching for better and quitter room to stay in. Unfortunately, you didn`t express your wishes while staying here.

Concerning the loud music, and the entertainments that take place three times a week, i should emphasize that karaoke are being held often because of the request of most of the customers. I can understand that the music can be annoying, but we try our best and stop the music 23:30pm despite the fact that in most of the bars and hotels in Lindos music closed 1:00am or 00:00.

As you probably understand, it is difficult to make wedding parties quitter as it is wedding. We are proud that people choose our Lindos View hotel to celebrate the most important day of their lives.

Finally, concerning your last comment not be fooled by the hotel photos, i would like to reassure that on tripadvisor all the photos are done by guests.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and wish to have better experience next time.

Warm Regards,
Yannis Profilienos
Manager

Been to Hotel Lindos View? Share your experiences!