“Don't stay at the Lindos Star Hotel if you want a proper Greek experience.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Star Lindos Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lindos
Star Lindos Hotel
You added Star Lindos Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vlicha, Lindos 85107, Greece   |
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Lindos
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Don't stay at the Lindos Star Hotel if you want a proper Greek experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I spent six nights at the Lindos Star Hotel in August 2010 and it was very disappointing. The staff are pleasant and friendly but that is about the best thing about the hotel. My key gripe was the location as it is about 3 kms from Lindos in an isolated tourist enclave with no local tavernas or bars except at lunch time. This means that one has to pay for transport into Lindos or elsewhere for a meal or to experience any kind of Greek lifestyle. The local bus is unreliable and at the top of a very steep 1,4 km hill. Taxis are not plentiful so we chose to hire a car which is expensive but at least gives flexibility.
The other big frustration with the Lindos Star is it's boarding school mentality. Breakfasts are served in a curtained dining room and the presentation and quality of the food is well below average. The swimming pool is strictly closed between 18h00 and 10h00 daily so if you feel like a swim in the pool after returning from a day's excursion this is not permitted. Very disappointing was an additional fee of Euro 8 per day for a key to use the airconditioning in your bedroom. And this in Greece in August! There is also a charge for a key for the safety deposit box in the bedrooms and no fridge (elsewhere I stayed in cheaper, lower ranked hotels which provided all of these facilities within their daily rate. So I definitely would not go back to the Lindos Star!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

We were staying at Lindos Star in May 2009, and it is the best experience I had down there!
We loved the hotel and the staff, escpecially the Kay and Frank! They were awsome!
The food was ok, and the rooms were ok too!
But it was mainly the place it self witch made it so great.
When you first see it you probably think, meeh.. But after a while, you never ever want to leave the place. I could feel my eyes tear up when I left. Thats probably because I don't travle alot, so I think every experience is awsome!
I rememer we arrived at night when it was dark, and we went straight to bed. The next day when I woke up I could not have imagined that it was so warm and beautiful outside! I LOVE RHODES! And outside it were donkeys, and they were just too cute!

We visited Lindos town alot, and also Rhodes city when we were there!
The taxi men are so cool, ecpecially if you find the one we had. He was both good looking and nice! So thumbs up for that!
I probably will return to this place sometime and I will enjoy it !

This place is also perfect if you want some exercise, like we did and walked in to Lindos town, I think it is about 4km. A nice little walk there. BUT bring water, ALOT, because its going to be HOT... :D

I hope everyone who visits this place gets the same feeling as I did, I really belive its worth it at the end.

me and Kay also have a little secret! I got a speciall gift at the end of the vacation, and I brought it home and enjoyed it!! So if you like peach marmalade you should tell her, maybe you get a special gift !

Have a nice trip, and enjoy your vacation! :D
P.S you should also buy some Crepes/Krepes, its pancakes in the streets with white or black chocolate or BOTH ! IT IS AWSOME!
I have so much more to tell, but you should really go there yourself and just experience the same as I did!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Norwich,England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

I would've given this hotel 3.5 stars if I could but the Lindos Bay Hotel across the road is 4 stars and unarguably a notch up from this.
The staff are the stand out aspect of this hotel - they are friendly, helpful and efficient.
The location is fine if you don't mind staying a little way out of Lindos town. A taxi from the hotel cost us 7 euros during the day and 10 euros at night. If you can share between 4 people it's not a lot of money. Prepare yourself however for the overall cost of Lindos - pretty much everything is very expensive. You even have to pay 6 euros now to walk up the Acropolis at Lindos.
The Lindos Star is a set back about 300 metres from the beach. The swimming pool area is located a very short walk away nearer the entrance from the main rood - it's nice with a good bar. We had friends staying at the Lindos Bay hotel which is the sister hotel so we used their facilities a lot of the time.
The rooms at Lindos Star are basic but clean and fairly spacious. We found the beds extremely firm and somewhat uncomfortable and the pillows were poor.
The hotel bar area was nice with a good amount of chairs to sit outside. We stayed half board which I believe may be the only option available. The breakfast was fine but remained the same pretty much throughout the week. The evening meal was better as the food was pretty good and varied a little from one night to the next.
Our main gripe really was that we had to pay 6 euros a day for the air conditioning which not made clear on some websites. The hotel is also surrounded by a lot of donkeys, cockerels and cats - so beware of animal noises during the night and early morning. Fortunately the sound of the air conditioning drowns this out mostly.
Otherwise a nice hotel with no obvious flaws - a solid 3 star but not quite 4.

• Stayed July 2009
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

Stayed for a week between 24 June - 01 July 2009. Location is about 3km from Lindos. Would recommend hiring a car as the hotel is in the bay linked to the main road by a dimly lit steep, winding road.

For us, it was the staff that made the holiday. My partner is a pescetarian and Kay in the dining room went out of her way to make sure that there was something for him to eat every night - Thanks also go to Vangelis (head chef) for the plentiful and well cooked fish. The meals in general were very well cooked and there was a good choice.

I would recommend this hotel to those who want a relaxing holiday and do not mind being out of a main resort.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

The Lindos Star is a nice enough hotel. It's basic but clean, and has good helpful staff. However, it's not really in the best location. In order to get to the town of Lindos itself (which is where all the good beaches , restaurants and bars are) you would need to go by either bus or taxi. To get the bus you had to walk for 20minutes up a very steep hill and then over a busy road to reach the bus stop. It wasnt really in a very convenient location. The hotel could phone you a taxi but it would cost 10 Euros there and 7 Euros back. We mostly got taxis, but this reallly ate into our budget, as we were spending almost 40 Euros a day on them. Walking was totally out of the question as it was too far away, and also along a very busy main road.

If I was going back I would get a hotel nearer to the main square to avoid having to pay out so much in taxi fares.

Stayed July 2008
west midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

Have just got back from a perfect 7 day break at the the Lindos Star. Depending upon what you want, on the whole this hotel provides a great base from which to explore..... or just to relax on this sunny island.

We booked the flights and hotel separately via the web, this meant that as the returning flight was during the night, we could pre book the room for an extra day, meaning that we were not kicked out with nowhere to go for 12 hours...... makes all the difference.

Anyway, hotel was very good for a three star (compared to other greek similar rated accommodation). No complaints at all, staff very friendly. We ventured into Lindos which was very busy, Pefkos which was too commercialised (not typically greek), and Lardos - would recommend an evening visit to this compact, slightly inland village (fantastic roof top restaurant).

The Lindos Star is very realxing and has a lovely pool area, (very quiet when we were there), however should you want a choice of tavernas to visit on foot during the evening, this is not an area to stay in, however taxis are not expensive and the world (or should I say Rhodes is your oyster....).

We will visit the area again and would not mind staying at the Lindos Star in the future..... wish we were still there..... ( I am very very picky) PS The hotel and our room was very clean (maids visited every day!!!! and we had a full size bath !!!. (No fridge available tho).

Hope this is infornative.

• Liked — Cleandliness, Relaxation,
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

We have stayed at the Hotel for three years running, it is a bit basic, but spotlessly clean and the staff are fab (hello Frank & Kaye if your reading this), the pool is amazing, if you want a relaxing holiday, I would seriously recommend this hotel.

If you would like any further information please let me know.

• Liked — The staff were freindly and the Hotel Spotless
  • Disliked — You had to pay for the Airconditioning
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Star Lindos Hotel? Share your experiences!