“Another Very Good Holiday - Second Stay This Year” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lindos Mare Hotel

You added Lindos Mare Hotel to your Saves list
Lindos Mare Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rhodes Lindos Avenue | Vlicha Beach, Lindos 85107, Greece   |
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Lindos
YARM
“Another Very Good Holiday - Second Stay This Year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Just returned from our second holiday this year at the Lindos Mare and as our previous 5 visits we had a superb time.
The staff were once again very friendy and welcomed us back just like family.
You always feel welcome at this hotel and are appreciated for returning and nothing is too much trouble.
We always request a particular room and todate have always been provided with this.
We have noticed that a couple of recent reviews have not been happy with the room allocation but have they paid for a sea view or just requested a sea view , we always pay for a sea view to be guaranteed this.
This hotel is built into the hillside and has many levels which is a differnt experience to a normal high rise hotel.
Yes you do have many steps down to the beach and a number of lifts but again you get use to this and is part of the Lindos Mare experience.
The main buffet restraurant now includes a open verenda eating area which is new for 2013 and is very popular in the warm/hot weather so you may have to wait a few minutes for a table , but you do have the option to sit inside the choice is yours. No hotel can provide a table immediately if everybody turns up at once, which can happen.
You can swap your evening meal for a lunchtime meal voucher if you want to go into Lindos on an evening .
The beach is clean and spaceous between sunbeds/brollies and a drinks / snacks can be ordered from the beach waiters.
The two pools are very clean and sunbeds / brollies are provided.
You can always find a free sunbed available anytime of the day .
The Greek night is well worth going to in the hotel , management and staff even join in the dancing.
All in all if you like a relaxing holiday just eating , swimming , sunbathing & drinking this is for you.

Room Tip: Always book a sea view , We had a junior suite
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Greek first
sheffield england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Totally enjoyable. The best quality of food we have had in a hotel. The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Dinner dress code is adhered to (long trousers for men) and you are greeted at the door and taken to your table, "inside or out", we had three lovely restaurant managers. Extra summer staff are students from Slovakia, they were amazing. The hotel is set in the hillside and several lifts go most of the way down to the beach, which has free sunbeds and parasols, along with beach/pool towels and bar service. Two pools, both spotlessly clean, we never had a problem getting a sunbed. We honestly cannot fault this hotel for providing an excellent customer experience. Evening entertainment was good if you prefer to stay in the hotel in the evenings. We paid 6 euro for a taxi into Lindos, although there is a bus service, beware though, the walk down into Lindos from the bus stop is very steep. Lovely roof top bars and shops to mooch around in the day or evening, to suit all pockets. Donkey rides, during the day, up to the Acropolis if you need help getting up there, no shock absorbers fitted!! No other bars in walking distance from the hotel, apart from one, just off the beach. We would definitely recommend this hotel, as the perfect retreat for a beach/pool relaxing holiday. It was 30 - 35 degrees in early Sept, Lindos is well known for being one of the hottest areas in Rhodes.

Room Tip: We had a sea view in 3207, 3208 had a slightly larger balcony though.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We spent the first two weeks of August at the Lindos Mare and we cannot fault the hotel. The staff are brilliant, always polite and ready to help. The facilities are good, swimming pools were always clean as was the whole resort. The food is very varied so even the most fussy eaters will find something they can eat. We were initially given a room with two beds pushed together, but when we asked for 1 double bed this was changed within 3 hours. We paid extra for a sea view room which was worth the extra monely, we ended up in room 415 which had a great view.
The only word of warning if you have mobility issues this is not a hotel for you. The hotel is on the side of a hill and even though there are lifts you will still need to use steps to get around.
The only downside to our holiday was leaving our brand new travel iron behind in our room when we left!
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxed, chilled out holiday as a couple or family. The hotel and its staff are fantastic!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here to attend a wedding nearby. Both of us are regular travellers for work across Europe and pleasure so generally fussy. Very impressed with this hotel. Our room was lovely with a fantastic view of the bay. Apparently we were given the wrong room late at night as I had booked a junior suite. The staff were so apologetic and showed us the suite that was barely different so we stayed. They gave us a free Greek night and free wine and water every day even though we didn't ask for it.
The food- one of the best buffet restaurants I've seen, be aware if you sit outside in the evening they offer you more of a dining experience with a menu and service etc. We chose to use our meal voucher and upgrade to the al a carte which had fabulous views. The lunches are huge, pizzas, sandwiches and salads good and, they are happy for you to share. Excellent cuisine.
The pools, main one lovely but preferred the more quiet lower pool with a bar and bistro- again huge meal servings.
Entertainment- they don't PR this well. The dance show was amazing more West End than hotel standard. The Greek night is great, we booked a table for a meal and had a great view. Stay late as the staff 'do a turn' brilliant... the fire show!! Spa had great full body massage, special offer and she sorted my over stressed 'knotted' back out!
The staff are genuinely friendly and contributed to one of our nicest hotel experiences. Restaurant manager and team so professional. Reception team, nothing too much trouble and lovely bell boy.
Highly recommend to anyone. Booked with Thompson Al a Carte- usually book Kuoni but would definitely use this again.

Room Tip: Book junior suite or double suite with sea views we thought it was worth the upgrade before we went.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
aylesford, kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just spent 2 weeks at Lindos Mare, booked through Thomsons,Holiday was booked 11 months
prior to arrival, we requested a sea veiw, booking 11 months in advance thought this would be
no problem, oops wrong, view was of the back of the block in front, we did complain and were
moved three days later to room with sea view.
Sitting in lobby with WIFI Conection, other people were also asking to be moved, were told
they try to move in 3 days, are you getting the picture?, every change over you can be moved,
with the new people going into they no sea views and so on. this should be sorted by Thomsons.
The food was OK typical Buffet, but became boring after a week.
Now some good points; staff were Brilliant so happy and helpful, the Beach is great, sandy and
safe, new room was fine, four lifts from reception to beach,and still steps to take.
We like walking, but nowhere much to walk to, hired a car for 7 days, 3 days would have been
enough, covered most of Island, but nothing stood out and grabbed you!!
Dont try to walk to Lindos Town, its on main road, Taxi is 8 Euros.
Lindos town is very hot (in a dip), some good resturants, but typical touristy shops.
If you want to lay in sun all the time this is for you,but if you like to walk about, not good at all

Room Tip: Rooms 102 to 104, look on to the block in front
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We visited as a couple on the recommendation of friends who stayed last year. We had booked a sea view which is technically what we got but we were not happy. We were upgraded to a spacious junior suite with a stunning view with minimum fuss.Personally I didn't go to Greece to eat chips so can't comment on those. The food, especially the salads and grilled meats were superb and plentiful. So much fresh fruit, so much choice of everything. I found the laundry facilities very satisfactory. I like to feel I help the environment by keeping my towels more than one day and it was no hardship. Good luck finding a hotel were guests do not put towels on sunbeds, annoying yes, but the sunbeds both at the pool and the beach were plentiful. Sometimes the pool side can be too hot so we moved down to the beach. Both locations very clean, welcoming and relaxing. The Greek evenings were great fun, despite a dicky ankle, I got carried away with the dancing and the friendly atmosphere. The staff are very helpful, from the receptionists to the waiters/tresses, via the chambermaids, nothing is too much trouble. Yes the drinks are a little expensive but clearly priced up so no nasty surprise. We chose to have our drinks in the hotel, or in Lindos (lovely terraces at night) or in a taverna near the supermarket on the beach so we averaged out ok. We would have liked to have a walk into Lindos, such a shame this is not a safe thing to do. A path would be spectacular. We think a shuttle bus into Lindos would be a good idea but we managed with a mixture of bus there taxi back. The bus stop to Rhodes is outside the hotel. On that journey you will not see better hotels that the Lindos Mare and on our travels we always thought of it as going home. We are thinking of returning next year, so many things we didn't see on this wonderful island.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel after reading all of the excellent reveiws on Trip Advisor. I truly wish I had read between the lines, First of all the staff cannot be faulted they are very accomodating and will always wish you Good Morning ETC. The hotel has stunning views due to the hillside location although I do understand not all of the rooms offer this, fortunately ours did. Thomson sell this hotel as an A la carte property, Our experience this does not apply.

On checking in we were given a card and told we could change our towels every 3 days at the Spa,Well I personally have never stayed at a hotel where I cannot change my towels as many times as I wish on a daily basis so this came as a suprise as My husband and I did not take beach towels with us. However I told reception I wanted my towels changed everyday and this was no problem at all.

The pools are quite cold so there was never many people in them at any one time and as I dont like cold water this did not make a very enjoyable experience. One morning at the pool my we counted 47 towels on sunbeds and only 2 people the pool which was us. The hotel should not allow this as at least 20 of the beds were not occupied until after lunch.

The Junior suite we booked was very clean but basic the view however was second to none.The pillows were awful very uncomftable and the mattress was bigger than the base so if you were lying on the edge you were on a slant.

We booked half board with dinner in the evening at the Buffet restaurant. Starters you helped yourself to and the choice was excellent . The main course you had a choice which was served at your table. If you like lukewarm food and frozen roast potatoes this is fine if you dont you maybe be better off booking BB only. The A la carte restaurant also served frozen chips, Considering the price they charge this is unaccepatable. Desserts the choice was huge however if you ate late as we tended to do to avoid the queues you were left with the dregs. A la carte hotel Thomson I dont think so.

I had a pedicure at the Spa where they charged me 35 Euros this was the worst pedicure I have had at anytime anywhere in the world if they want to charge over inflated prices at least give you a decent treatment.

I had a mocktail at the pool and was charged euros 5.60 for a virgin mojito and was given a glass of soda and ice with 2 sprigs of mint , If they are going to charge this amount at least train the staff in how to make a drinkable mojito.

Overall we paid GBP2800.00 for this holiday and was not worth anywhere near that amount. Would we return absolutely not. There is far better hotels in Greece with a much more refined service with a better quality product. . We had a nice holiday but please be aware this hotel is not A la carte as Thomson advertise and is 3*plus at the very most.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ThanasisT, General Manager at Lindos Mare Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive feedback on TripAdvisor.

Firstly I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding my colleagues and I am glad to read that you were satisfied with some aspects of your holiday despite the fact we did not meet your expectations. It is always regrettable to read that there were some issues that caused some dissatisfaction during your stay with us and wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Furthermore we understand that food is something very subjective and a matter of personal taste and again as you can see from past reviews on Tripadvisor there are quite a lot of people that are very enthusiastic with the food offered to our Food & Beverage outlets. Although, I have discussed with our Operations Manager all your comments about the food and the quality of our cocktail drinks and we will take corrective actions to prevent these issues reoccurring.

Concerning the amount which is stated that you have paid for your holidays I would like to clarify that includes 14 nights of accommodation in Lindos Mare in high season period ( stay 28/08 till 11/09 ), Breakfast meal, Dinner (Half board), flights, transfer from the airport to the hotel and the return plus the Tour Operator profit.

Last but more important , I would like to inform you that Lindos Mare has a cooperation with Thomson since 2005 and is featured to the a la carte brochure . Since then it has been awarded every year with the Gold award which reflects to a percentage of 93-95% customer's satisfaction and that makes Lindos Mare as one of the higher rated among all the hotels featured to the a la carte brochure from all over the word. We are deeply sorry that your opinion does not correspond to the excellent reviews and opinions received so far from the majority of travellers.

Once again thank you for your feedback I only wish you have contacted us while you were still at the hotel and have the chance to change your holiday experience.

Sincerely yours,

Thanasis Tougounzoglou

Been to Lindos Mare Hotel? Share your experiences!