“If theres one thing to do if your going to Greece, go to this Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lindos Memories

Save Saved
You added Lindos Memories to your Saves list
Lindos Memories
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Psaltos, Lindos 85107, Greece   |
Ranked #5 of 35 hotels in Lindos
Hemel Hempstead, England, United Kingdom
“If theres one thing to do if your going to Greece, go to this Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is our fourth visit to Lindos Memories during the last 8 years and I agree with other reviewers it gets better every time. The hotel is spotless and the staff are all excellent. The restaurant manager George overseeing breakfast & dinner every day, would always greet you personally and the food & service were great. A visit to the Taverna was a must every lunchtime, Chrissa and her team were great and the food was excellent. (please put the chef salad back on the menu). The rooms are spacious and I think the extra to have a room at the front overlooking the pool is definitely worth it. The Hotel Manager Sotiris was very friendly and should be very proud of his team. We will definitely be back again in the next couple of years.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

540 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

After a lot of research, I chose this hotel for various reasons. It turned out to be exactly what we wanted and a real find. The setting, on a small private part of the beach, with great views of Navarone Cliffs, was beautiful. Meals times were a joy - amazing food and top class friendly professional service from all the restaurant, taverna and bar staff. The pool, with the hydrojet section was most inviting. We liked the fact that the hotel is quite small and compact and there was never any need to wait for tables at mealtimes or to find sunbeds around the pool or on the beach. Oh and very comfortable sunbeds they are too! BBQ night was great (see photos) with local Greek music and dancing and an amazing selection of food.

Our only complaint was that we so nearly missed out on all the above! Just one week before our holiday we were emailed by the booking agent (hotels4u.com, part of the Thomas Cook group) to say that the hotel had overbooked and we were being moved to the Lindos Imperial and upgraded to All Inclusive. As this was not what we had chosen and to us was nothing like the sort of hotel we wanted to stay in ( as it is an extremely large, all inclusive family resort, a long way from Lindos), we objected, but we were told the agent had nothing else comparable to offer us. We were offered our money back and £30 as compensation as an alternative. After many hours of research, I realised that all the 5 star hotels in and around Lindos were either fully booked or were available at extremely high prices and we couldn't cancel anyway as we had booked flights independently and so couldn't cancel them, without losing a lot of money. Fortunately the manager at hotels4u.com eventually managed to reinstate our booking, by agreeing with the hotel that they would move someone else(!), but this was only after a very upsetting, stressful night and day.Thankfully it was well worth the fight and we had a marvellous holiday there. I really hope that this practice of overbooking is stopped as it took the pleasure away from the run-up to an otherwise perfect holiday. We look forward to revisiting one day.

Room Tip: Our Side Sea View room did not really have a sea view at all (room 609), unless you leaned over the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friend and I have just returned from the Lindos Memories Hotel. What a wonderful experience! The rooms were spotless, clean linen every day and nice little touches - the room safe was free, fresh fruit and a bottle of wine on arrival too. The staff were faultless, always ready on hand and a pleasure to talk to. No fighting for sun beds as there were ample for all the guests. I loved the ice cold flannels handed out every afternoon to cool you down by the pool or on the beach.

The food was excellent, always freshly prepared and a good variety of dishes.

I would certainly recommend this hotel but in my opinion it's a better choice for couples rather than two single ladies. Our biggest disappointment was the Greek night being moved from Thursday to Wednesday due to a wedding. As we travelled on Weds we arrived too late to join in. All the other nice things really made up for it though.

Fantastic hotel - the best I've ever stayed at! Now go ahead and book, you really won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Side room on right hand side of building preferable. We stayed in room 604 but it was directly over...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I booked a double in this hotel that everyone thinks is SO EXTRAORDINARY, we confirmed the room 3 times and guess what ... when we arrived at the reception desk we were informed we had no room because it had been cancelled 2 weeks before. When we demanded an explanation, the reservations supervisor had the nerve to say that this is what they do when they have requests from guests travelling with tour operators that have big contracts with their hotel. I cannot believe that anyone in their right mind and with a little bit of education would cancel a person's room that was confirmed THREE times in advance and that was also paid for.
The meeting with the woman who is a reservation supervisor was such a shame for the hotel that I wonder why they even pay her. But I guess this the the hotel policy: they just discriminate you with no shame, thinking that you are better if you are from certain countries and less good to no good if you come from others...

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I booked this hotel as a solo traveller with Friendship travel and was not disappointed. The staff are extremely friendly and attentive, food is excellent and the rooms and hotel areas exceptionally clean. The staff really make a difference in this hotel.

On arrival a glass of wine was waiting for me and I was quickly shown to my room. Dinner choice in the restaurant was helped by being able to see a sample dish.

The beach area was clean and quite quiet first thing in the morning and plenty of sunbeds on the beach and around the pool area.

It was sad when my week came to an end but no doubt this will not be my last visit to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Another fantastic holiday at Lindos Memories. All the staff were as attentive and friendly as ever and they cannot do enough for you. The Hotel Manager ( Sotiris) and the Restaurant Manager( George) were both new since we had been back ( a couple of years) and I have to say that they were brilliant. They all work so hard and endeavour to make sure that your holiday is a success. We tend to go here every two years and it always gets better each time we go.
The food was lovely, the room was very clean and in a lovely location and the pool area was immaculate as usual together with the beach. There are a few stone as you get into the sea, so would suggest that you take some sea shoes and snorkelling is a definite as there are so many beautiful fish to see.
Chrissy and her crew were great and the food at lunchtime was excellent. If you want a relaxing and quite holiday then this is the place to go. It has it's own private beach and is in a small cove approx. 5 mins taxi drive from Lindos.

You will not be disappointed and |I can't wait to go again...

Room Tip: We prefer the right hand side of the hotel overlooking the cliffs, but have had rooms on either side...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

There are some experiences which are so bad, and the likelihood of being listened to so low that it isn't worth providing feedback. In other cases I believe that feedback is a courtesy and a right for the provider. In the case of the Lindos Memories hotel I really only have one point to feedback. Please include the local deep fried meatballs in your starter menu at the Taverna - they are delicious and not to be missed. Otherwise, and very unusually for me I can think of no improvements.
Hotel: is spotlessly clean (staff appear to be obsessed with cleaning); very well maintained (no broken lightbulbs or dripping showers); fittings are simple but of high quality; the hotel is well laid out and somehow both elegant and informal (perfect size). Layout in small tiers; hotel to restaurant/bar; to pools; to hotels own private feeling (not sure if actually private or not) cosy and uncrowded beach. Lots of loungers with tables and good quality parasols - so no fighting with other guests
Service: I have staid in many 5 star deluxe hotels and even a 6 star and not experienced service as genuinely warm and attentive. After a few days I felt like an esteemed family member. Outstanding.
Food: overall good standard and lots (and I mean lots) of it. This applied at breakfast, in the peaceful shady Taverna that overlooks the beach and pools, and at night in the restaurant -which also has views to die for if you sit outside. Some stand out items (the lamb at the Greek BBQ is something that makes my mouth water just thinking about it).
Location: Perfect on the East coast and a very short drive into the historic (if over commercialised) town of Lindos. Sandyish beach and beautiful calm multicoloured water.
Interestingly, many of the guests were on a return visit, and I intend, other plans permitting, to return later in the year.
This hotel is excellent value and I can totally recommend it.
Unfortunate the spa was closed but no big deal.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room - my room was perfect but I heard another guest had a noisy one and had to be c...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Lindos Memories? Share your experiences!