“Breakfast with a view” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Lindos
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The exotic atmosphere created by the Medieval style tents set on decorative pebble mosaic roof, offers an enchanting place for dining with a spectacular Aegean Sea vista. Guests with special dietary requirements can arrange these details when making the accommodation reservation.
Scotland
“Breakfast with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Went one morning for breakfast. View to die for from the open air terrace. 10 euros for set breakfast of coffee/tea, fresh orange juice and either ham and cheese toast or plain omelette and lovely fresh bread. Bargain! Worth a visit, especially at this price.

Visited September 2012
Melenos, General Manager at Melenos Lindos Restaurant, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Melenos for all budgets!!!Thank you for your comment!Hope to see you back!

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Grosse Pointe Park ,Michigan
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

During our recent stay in Lindos we visited Melenos restaurant twice, once for breakfast and once for dinner. Both of our experiences where outstanding. The decor and service where superb. The food was was delicious Greek food, but with a modern , gourmet twist. The breakfast was a romantic assortment of pastries , juices and coffee ,served on beautifully appointed silver and china. You sipped your coffee as you looked out over a priceless view of Lindos bay. Dinner was feta wrapped in phyllo dough,coated with sesame seeds, lamb bekree ,bream,and a very decadent non-traditional baklava. the service was perfect . The owner Michalis and his brother Stefanos where always attentive and extremely pleasant ,ready to make us feel like family.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melenos, General Manager at Melenos Lindos Restaurant, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Breakfast , lunch or dinner the quality of the Melenos remains at the same level and it is daily , for us , a task to be able to see our guests to leave from Melenos with the feeling of leaving a friends house.Thank you for your lovely comments !
Bournemouth
“Melenos Lindos Hotel Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

During our recent stay at the Hotel Melenos we enjoyed a number of meals at their superb open air restaurant, both for dinner and lunch.
My wife’s favourite starter was the prawns with ginger and lime. Mine was the goat’s cheese wrapped in red pepper. For the main course we tried the bream, the lamb shank and the fillet, all highly recommended. Trying to lose weight I avoided the desserts – until our last night when I could not resist the ‘alternative baklava’. We were planning to climb the Acropolis the following day and so I was confident that I could lose those extra calories.
The staff were great. They successfully achieved the right balance of being in attendance just when needed. And who can truthfully say, as we now can, that they have been served by Pericles and Aphrodite?
The hotel owner, Mr Melenos, was also very attentive, keen to ensure that our experience was memorable. It was.
The restaurant itself is in a most romantic situation. Perhaps this is the reason for it being chosen by a number of couples for their wedding day meal. The diner can gaze down over the bay of Lindos and out past the rocky cliffs to the Aegean and the Turkish coast, just visible in the right conditions, or upwards to the awe inspiring Acropolis.
All round, a great experience. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for such wonderful comments . I cannot find the right words to thank you for choosing Melenos for your stay.You have been during your stay like a family to us.We really hope to have the chance to meet again and wish all the best for the youngster :-)
NY,NY
“The only place to eat in Central Lindos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Excellent and amazing food and the only restaurant with a view. I would even say it is one of the best restaurants in Greece. But it is not for everyone if you are on a budget.

Visited August 2012
Melenos, General Manager at Melenos Lindos Restaurant, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for your comment ! Such an honor to vote Melenos as the best in Greece!!!It is very much appreciated!
New York City, New York
“Old Romance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you are a dreamer like I am, and you dream of an intimate wedding in beautiful villa tucked away somewhere in the Mediterranean overlooking the deep blue sea then this is the perfect place. At Melenos Lindos, you feel like you are on top of the world and the world from up there is truly beautiful.

Sitting amidst the beautiful grounds that have been artfully designed maintaining the integrity of the old villa and the ancient village it’s built on, you will feel like you have retreated completely from the world. Its rustic elegance had left an indelible impression on my mind, but when it was time to decide where to get married, it was the impeccable service and the excellent food that I always experienced on my many visits that made our choice definitive.

We decided to get married in Greece last minute and we were planning everything from New York. From the moment we decided that Melenos was the place, we were guided by our wedding coordinators--Maria and Michali--with professionalism and kindness. When we finally arrived in Lindos, we were greeted by the owner, Michali Melenos, who is in a class of his own and a team of incredible people that work with him. His brother Stefanos and his staff members and servers made sure our every need and desire was fulfilled. Stefanos helped us with our paperwork reaching out to local authorities expediting the process. Alexandros and Perikli (servers at the restaurant) made sure we always had something to drink. You definitely can say that it is a well managed enterprise, but honestly, I never felt like I was paying to be served, I felt like I was visiting an old friend at his gorgeous home and that I was loved and taken care of.

I wish I could have bottled my frame of mind the night of our wedding because for a moment in my life I felt like I had lived a fantastic dream. It was like I was living an old romance.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Our guests are special and they deserve all of our attention!
A big thank you for your comments!!