“Totally relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 35 hotels in Lindos
Derbyshire
“Totally relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I stayed at the Lindos Blu for one week from 29th Aug for one week having had it recommended by my neighbours. Although it is really a romantic place for couples, I was delighted with the level of service and the way all the staff took time to make sure I was comfortable and looked after. Valentina showed me my suite on the first night and as it was late I wasn't able to see the view till the next morning when I awoke to glorious sunshine and a spectacular view of Vilcha Bay. I stuck to the poolside on the first day, but having discovered the beach on a walk later that afternoon, I returned every day for the rest of my holiday. It was idyillic. The sea was clear and warm and there was no problem with sunbeds, although to get one by the sea meant arriving before lunch.

My room had a jaccuzi bath and fantastic walk in shower. Fresh towels were delivered every night and chocs too. I didn't get the sun on my balcony, but that was a relief after the heat of the day and I just enjoyed the peace and quiet of the surroundings.

Valentina welcomed me on my first morning and showed me all around the hotel, explaining the lifts which are a complicated arrangement at first, but a talking point as the week moved on. Everyone was very friendly and there was always plenty of good food at the buffet for breakfast. The evening meal included a choice of main course served to your table and this was the only problem as on a couple of occasions it was a disappointment. However there were plenty of sweets and always cheese and fruit.

I felt totally rejuvenated by the end of the holiday and even though the bar prices were expensive, the service provided and the dishes of fruit and nuts provided made every drink that little bit special. I would love to return next year and will be saving hard to do just that!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

609 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Greek first
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

I found this hotel via Thomson Chic and Unique brochure and what a find! The hotel has only been open since May but the lower rooms have been used on a trial basis since last Sept. So any of the upper rooms are pristine! We went for a junior suite and it gave us a little more space than the normal room as it had a huge sofa.

However the great thing about this hotel is the service. Nothing is too small, nothing is too difficult and everything is done with a smile! Lots of hotels I have stayed in could take lessons from these staff.

I can echo all the comments previously on this site as completely true and would recommend this hotel to any couple who needs some peace and quiet and love a bit of pampering.

I gave the hotel 4/5 for value as it is pricey but you get what you pay for. Save up and give it a try!!

Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

We booked this holiday only a couple of months before after a long search and getting to the point where we just wanted a week in a nice hotel in the sun. It far exceeded all our expectations.

The Lindos Blu is a gorgeous hotel. We booked a junior suite with sea view- the room was large, clean, light and airy with every facilitiy you could wish for and the view was to die for. Waking up each morning and looking over the beautiful bay . The hotel itself is very stylish and sophisticated but without any pretentiousness and the fact that no children were allowed made for a very chilled and relaxing stay. Located on different levels connected by a series of lifts and stairs we got to grips with which lift and which floor by the second day - but don't let this put you off it just adds to the whole ambience of the hotel. The beach is down the bottom accessed via the Lindos Mare sister hotel and a series of lifts but not a great distance and kept very clean, sunbeds plentiful and well spaced out.

Breakfast was exceptional - lovely greek yoghurts, pastries, cereals,breads, fruit, fresh Orange juice and any combination of hot options you could wish for and again in the lovely location of the pool side restaurant with open terrace and views across the bay. The main pool area itself is not overly large, although there is a smaller pool towards the bottom of the hotel, but there always seemed to be sunbeds available.

Service of the staff was exceptional they were friendly and helpful at every turn. One day when we went on a trip to Symi and had an early start it was no problem for us to get an early breakfast before the opening time of the restaurant and someone was there waiting for us at 6.30am .

We did not unfortunately get to eat at the hotel as we were enjoying going into Lindos each evening and sampling the restaurants there. Lindos is really picturesque but can be very busy in the daytime. Don't be put off by the distance of the Lindos Blu from the town - it is literally a short Taxi ride - 7 euros there and 5 euros back and could not be easier. The hotel calls the taxis for you and then you just pick them up in the main square for the return. All the prices are fixed so there is no potential for being overcharged. We did walk in one daytime, but it is a good 30 minutes walk and there is no pathway on the main road so I would not recommend it at night and especially not if you are dressed up for dinner in heels etc. If you want a very good meal in a romantic setting you must go to Ambrosia- we went twice and it was our absolute favourite. We also tried Symposia ( very nice food too), Mavericos( on the Square) very traditional and alot of the locals eat there - also to be recommended. We did try Stephany's which was good traditional food but we found the restaurants with the roof terraces and taverna type foods very very touristy and busy and you tend to be rushed through your meal - probably good for families but we prefered a nice leisurely meal. After dinner go to Antika for cocktails - a very trendy and modern bar in a lovely old building.
The trip to Rhodes town is well worth the hour in the coach- the medieval city is really something and we wished we could have had longer there, also good to visit is Symi although the boats go from Rhodes town so you have an hour to get there and then 2 hours on the boat, but its worth the trip, provided you don't go on a tour as then you are just hearded round in large groups. The monastery at Panormitis is pretty but all the tourists are there and it was heaving, much better is the main town of Symi and head off around the harbour to the quieter side away from the main harbour and find a little taverna for lunch.

We were only in Lindos for a week but we wished it had been longer and definately would go back especially to the Lindos Blu Hotel- Top notch!

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Just arrived back and cannot praise the Lindos Blu enough. We booked a double deluxe and it was amazing with a hot tub on the balcony and spectacular views. The staff cannot do enough for you and make your stay extra special. I would only say that the room could do with more comfortable furniture on the balcony, there is certainly enough room for sunbeds which would have been nice. The only downside was the guests who insisted on putting their towels on the sunbeds before breakfast, shame on you. My last comment is to a previous review, we were served everyday down on the beach with drinks you only have to ask.

Devizes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I am going to have to control myself not to be too gushing about Lindos Blu but it really rates in the top ten hotels that I have ever stayed in and that's quite something for me since I contract overseas hotels for a living. I really don't understand the gripes that some people mention on Tripadvisor... I stayed for 7 nights with my partner. The hotel is built onto a cliff with the reception at the top working down the side eventually coming to the beach. This means that both the public areas and also most of the accommodation have amazing sea views - and trust me, the view is amazing. The building style is very contemporary and the finish is of a very high quality - there is nothing that you could fault. The best design feature were the lifts - you go down 4 separate lifts from the reception to the beach area which is very welcome in the heat of the day! We had been worried about the beach since the photos on the hotel website are not that great but the reality is very different. Yes, it is a large beach and not particularly sandy, but it is very clean and the water is absolutely clear, warm and very shallow - just perfect. Loungers are free for guests use on the beach along with guests of the sister hotel the Lindos Mare, and there is a guy serving drinks and food. Be warned though, this is really expensive and we would recommend a short stroll down the beach to a small supermarket where everything is much cheaper. There is also a taverna there serving good quality food. We used this most days since the hotel, whilst serving great food, was a bit pricey - 9 euros for a bowl of soup! We stayed in one of the highest room categories - the Deluxe Double which was a larger room than standard and located at the highest level of accommodation in the hotel. This meant that the views were spectacular. What's more, we had a double sized terrace with our own Jacuzzi so it was often the case that we could be found there with a G&T in hand watching the sun go down! I think one of the best things about the hotel is the service - always gracious and with a smile. The Italian girl (sorry I cannot remember her name!) welcoming people to breakfast every day was a particular asset to the hotel. All in all, I cannot recommend the hotel enough!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I just returned from a wonderful 4 day stay at Lindos Blu. I wanted to propose to my girlfriend and booked a suprise holiday for the 2 of us. Prior to our stay, I have e-mailed frequently (and secretly ;-) with the staf at Lindos (thanks Christina!) to get everything set up...the villa, the candlelit dinner, etc.
Upon arrival, we were greeted with a glass of champagne and upon checkin, we heard that we were upgraded to the maisonette. My girlfriend, still in shock of her surprise trip and still unaware of what was going to happen later on, could not believe the luxury of this room. 2 bathrooms, a private gym, a fullsize jacuzzi, champagne & strawberries in the room and a huge private pool with a view to die for and total privacy. Perfect. Candlelit dinner the first evening was set up while we were out for a drink at the pool bar and when we got back to our room, everything was like it should be...candles all over our terrace and around the pool, a perfectly set table, roses, champagne (again),... Did she say yes? Of course she did. It was all picture perfect. We spent the next few days relaxing at our pool and had dinner in the hotel and in nearby Lindos village (5 minutes by taxi). All in all, a great stay. Thanks to all the staff for making this happen. We will definately return.

Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

We stayed at the Lindows Blu after being upgraded from the Lindos Mares, where we initially booked. We were pleased with this. But not really for long.
The accomodations are clean, modern and tasteful. The staff is perfect: very polite, very friendly; so the service was excellent.
A few downsides turned up though...
In the bay area there is another super large hotel which has an extremely loud night-life which was more than hearable untill about 2 in the morning. No peace and quiet here! The same can be said about the pool maintenance. The men who do this, yell across the pool area to their collegues - at 6:00 am! Not really desreable, when you are going for rest and relaxation.
The food was good, but not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel. The starters and the dessert were almost always the same things. No phantasy and no variation. The main courses ranged from "nouveau cuisine" (not much on the plate), to "a greek evening" - which consisted of an overflowing plate of various meats - with french fries (!).
Generally prices at the bar (which can be put on yor room tab) are high.
The (really) in-house small shop needs to be larger an have more product variation, nothing for a hotel of this category.
The view of course, is fabulous and the pool decks are flooded by the sun the whole day. Walking to the beach is a little bit of a labyrinth (we helped one couple who got lost and watched another getting lost) - this needs to be straightened out.
We also noticed while relaxing at the beach (by the way: incredible clean and clear water!!) - that the guests with the blue towels (from the Lindos Mares) were treated with service for food and drink from waiters coming around sometimes to take orders. This was not the case when you had the brown towels from the Lindos Blu...and I mean NOT at all. This is unacceptable when calling yourself a 5 star hotel. Too bad...
All in all, I will not be going there again. It's too expensive and has too many flaws to have it call itself a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Lindos Blu? Share your experiences!