“Great decor!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Itaca Hotel Jerez

You added Itaca Hotel Jerez to your Saves list
Itaca Hotel Jerez
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Diego Fernandez Herrera 1 | Esq. Plz. de las Angustias, 11402 Jerez De La Frontera, Spain   |
Liverpool
“Great decor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful building, very clean. Nice food, great location. Didn't like the divide in between the beds and we're convinced it was haunted. Jerez is an amazing place and this well worth a try!

We initially went in for a coffee and I fell in love with the inside, so my partner booked us in for the night. I am in love with Jerez!

• Stayed March 2012
Eva D, Dpto. Calidad Itaca Hoteles at Itaca Hotel Jerez, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear guest:
Thank you for choosing Hotel Itaca Jerez and for sharing with other travellers your kind opinión about our facilities and services and we look forward to your return.

ITACA MALAGA***/ ITACA COLON CORDOBA**/ ITACA CONSUL DEL MAR VALENCIA****

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent hotel smack bang in the center, room was excellent standard, staff friendly and very helpful when needed a hand locating and printing boarding pass !!

Very memorable experience thank you and see you again in March !!

Alan

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed only one night at Itaca Hotel, as we were en route to Barcelona from Sevilla (via Jerez airport). It was exactly what we were looking for - clean, upscale, great location and friendly. The hotel staff greeted us warmly and helped us with train times when we asked. They spoke English well, and, although we are used to communicating our needs in basic Spanish, it was a welcome sound :)

The hotel itself was very clean. We actually booked a twin room to save money but found the HUGE twin beds pushed together to form a larger-than-king-size bed. Comfy & warm.

My one complaint is that we were unable to control the heat in our room. It was not too hot or too cold - the temp was perfect - but I need to sleep with a fan at night to drown out other guest noises. As there was no fan, I heard our neighbor coughing incessantly all night long. Can't really blame this on the hotel, though - I didn't ask reception if there was a way to control the room fan, so, my fault on that!

If you go to Jerez, this is a great spot for your stay.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and had a beautiful view of orange trees and the street below!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eva D, Dpto. Calidad Itaca hoteles at Itaca Hotel Jerez, responded to this review, April 30, 2013

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My camera was stolen at the front desk. There were only two possibilities of who took it: the staff or a couple who were behind me waiting to ask a question. From the time I walked away from the reception to the time I came back after realizing I had left my camera on the counter was about 7 minutes.It was slow. There was only myself, a woman in front of me, and the couple in back of me. The woman they remembered. The couple they claimed not to remember. Are you kidding me? It was 7 minutes ago.""Yo no se". Yo no se, is all the two desk boys kept saying to me. I'm such an idiot. I only realized after I got back to Seville that I should have asked to see the security camera footage. Why didnt they offer is what I want to know? Why did the manager never contact me to even acknowledge it happened? $250 gone in a flash. The one male working there then, and for the next few days, could not have been more incompetent and rude. I have never experienced a stay where the staff took so lightly theft in their hotel. It ruined my stay. It was just me and my camera, after all. If the manager responds here, that will be adding insult to injury as he did nothing about it while I was there. The actions are the true tell. Not some empty words that are too little, too late.

As another lovely aside, a garbage strike had been going on for many days, a huge pile of which made up the view from my ground floor window. They conveniently never bothered to mention that when I had my current hotel in Seville call to inquire about the hotel and its specific room availability.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Malaga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights as part of a group booking. Allocation of rooms was the luck of the draw! Some were Ok, but ours had a tiny window looking onto a blank wall and poor lighting so was a dark and dismal environment. Limited storage space.
Food was extremely disappointing. We had to pre order all courses for evening meals in advance of our visit for each of the 4 days and were even given a seating plan!!!! The food was not hot, it was over cooked, pre-prepared, sometimes stiil frozen and sometimes inedible!!! Mass catering at its poorest!! Even the wine was around the 1 euro level!
However, the hotel has a good location, ideally situated near the centre and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window!! Don't eat at the hotel - there are plenty of superb places in J...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Eva D, Dpto. Calidad Itaca Hoteles at Itaca Hotel Jerez, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear guest

we'd like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and for spending some of your time in writing your comment.

Warmest regards,
Bedford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here on a cycle tour of Andalucia in September 2012. The hotel receptionist was very friendly, welcoming us like kings and giving good advise on tapas bars to visit. The rooms vary in outlook - we had one with a window into the inner raised courtyard which gave the room an airy light feeling. Well fitted throughout the hotel and good air conditioning. Breakfast in an amazing converted chapel. Jerez and its cobbled tree lined streets is just 5 mins walk away. We stayed in Cadiz the night before in a much inferiror hotel at roughly the same price - Jerez and the hotel Itaca was an oasis in comparison.

Room Tip: Window looking onto inner raised courtyard
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest:
Thank you for choosing Hotel ITACA Jerez and for sharing with other travellers your kind opinión about our facilities and services and we look forward to your return.

OUR HOTELS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel, which started life as a covent is striking on the outside with its pink and ochre colour scheme. Inside it is modern and well equipped. The dinin g room was once the refectory and is tricked out with Shocking Pink paint finishes. The staff were charming and courteous and happy to help with our visit to the Real Escuola Andaluz de Arte Ecuestre The Local Horse Show which is a must see) and by recommending eating places both in Jerez and Cadiz. Strongly recommended

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest:

We appreciated very much again for taking the time to inform your valuable assessment. We are glad your stay with us was comfortable and that you have been satisfied about our location and staff.

OUR HOTELS
ITACA MALAGA***/ ITACA COLON CORDOBA**/ ITACA CONSUL DEL MAR VALENCIA****

Been to Itaca Hotel Jerez? Share your experiences!