This was my second stay at this hotel and I found it be just as good this time. The superior room was spacious, nicely furnished and clean with a balcony overlooking the course. The only slight problem was poor water pressure on the washbasin tap. The buffet breakfasts and evening meals though not gourmet were of a good standard with a wide choice of dishes which were replenished swiftly by the chefs. I particularly liked the desserts which are often a bit of a disappointment in Spanish restaurants.
The pool is quite small for such a large hotel but I never saw it particularly busy and there were plenty of loungers with a staff member at hand for towels and drinks. There is also an outdoor pool at the spa. All the staff were attentive and friendly. The hotel is undergoing some refurbishment so there was some noise because of the work going on and the golf course is having some major work done too but it did not spoil my husband's enjoyment of the course. The hotel does have a lot of golf groups staying which can make it quite lively but I do not think it detracts from its ambience.
There are a few drawbacks in that it is not within walking distance of any shops or ventas, it is about a 15 minute drive into Jerez and noise from the racetrack can spoil the peace and quiet at times. Nevertheless in the evenings it is lovely to sit outside to enjoy the sunsets while eating or having a drink and the Hotel does offer some good deals which are excellent value for money. At the moment the golf is free if staying there though it is 40 euros to hire a buggy and the course is very long and hilly and the room prices very reasonable for this standard of Hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Montecastillo Hotel Jerez De La Frontera
- Barcelo Montecastillo Hotel
- Barcelo Jerez De La Frontera
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barceló Montecastillo Golf***** hotel is a real icon in the area ofJerez, Cádiz, thanks to the high standard of its facilities and the elegant design and simplicity that characterise it. The hotel is perfect for golf lovers giving its guests unlimited use of the course without the cost of green fees. It is also the ideal location if you are looking to relax in an exceptional setting, thanks to its complete Health and Wellness Centre. The hotel offers everything you could wish for: heated swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym, treatment booths, tennis and paddle courts, jogging tracks, free Wi-Fi, etc. The Barceló Montecastillo Golf hotel has a total of 208 rooms, all fully equipped and boasting exquisite decoration. In addition there are a group of villas, ideal for families and groups of friends that want to discover Jerez, with its equestrian shows and its famous bodegas. And if you are looking to enjoy an exclusive venue for your events and conventions: remember! Our resort is part of the Barceló Jerez Montecastillo& Convention Center **** hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Barcelo Montecastillo Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.