“awesome place” 5 of 5 stars

Village Kuchesar, via BB Nagar, Bulandshahr 245402, India   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bulandshahr
“awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed in this property after looking at a LOT of property as the prices were a little steep. But once we checked in very thing was just nice, The rooms were classy . The pool was super clean. Best part of the resort was the food. Abs yummy !!! simply recommended to stay in this property for food if not anything else .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I visited mud fort today and having read the reviews was sceptical right from start. Hence I bought only day tickets from Delhi booking office ( in earlier review it was mentioned that if you land there directly without booking they dont let u in, hence did this exercise).

Also at booking office i told i want to spend a night but right now buying only day tickets, so that if I like the rooms i will stay on else I will pack up.

I am happy with my decision, although it has the potential to become a good property but lacks basics asthetics, maintenance et al. So in nut shell my suggestion would be it not the place worth staying, but a day trip is just fine to justify the cost..

Room Tip: Didnt spend night, but did check the rooms and take is better dont stay
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Bulandshahr hotels

Bareilly, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had listened a lot about d place frm my wife as she has already visited with her relatives earlier. So, I decided to visit on dis 15 th Aug....
So, poor service it was the food was so horrible that the dhabas food is better than it, they gave Loki and bhindi in lunch which was very pathetic in spoiling our holiday. We payed 15000 for two rooms for getting this Loki????
And all though it was not enough bad experience they provided tap water in aquafina bottle, after asking two three times they provided mineral water to us. And there was one TV in all mud forte which was also not working . They kept all 15 chapatis in one go so we ate cold chapatis. The waiters was like a horrible person and was not talking properly.
My wife also realised that the services are now very poor than earlier treatment.

This was all we left in 2 hours and were badly spoiled the holiday and mood and the money which was advance with them....
Nimit Bareilly

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Very bad service.......lacks hygiene.......bad food........decent location and there is lot that can be done but very badly managed, not recommended at all....utensils were dirty... bathroom was not clean, we had to ask for getting it cleaned post checkin

• Stayed August 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

the place a good destination for a week end getaway out of Delhi.
The dining room and Fort are really beautiful, as well as the pool room with stuffed animals. At our time of visit the staff was courteous and helpful.
The major drawback we felt was the swimming-pool which is rather a gigantic tub (no filtration system, they simply fill it with water; so it is very refreshing...), without any shallow area for children.

But there is another property attached to it, which has a really nice swimming-pool (under renovation during our visit).

Room Tip: simply check it before accepting
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was a few years ago but I wonder why have I not written about it! 2009, we visited Mud Fort Kuchesar; naturally because I love travelling to off-beat destinations and this one is a doable option from Delhi since its just 60 kms! Of course, the roads and poor highways of Uttar Pradesh makes you travel for almost 2 hours...but hey, its worth it!

The property is managed by the family & while this was a Valentines Surprise; I spoke to the owners directly to inform them how important this was. We reached early evening of Feb 14 and were offered choice of rooms on all floors but we chose the one on the ground floor; closer to the beautiful checkered varandah and the fountain. I carried some props along (dont get ideas!!!) to make this night even more special.

We were welcomed by a traditional performance by local kids who inspired us & other guests to dance with them. How thoughtful & natural the experience was! The Fort Staff arranged for a candle-light dinner for us on top floor of the fort with one butler and made sure the 'props', yeah the red heart shaped baloons were blown & placed in the room as soon as soon as we got back again. We got our camera busy most of the time in order to capture all the moments and the next morning, we realised the Fort was surrounded by beautiful padded-green fields. Man, this was a true earthy experience.

The staff did a fabulous job...food was basic but delicious and mind you, in order to arrange all this; I wasn't asked to pay extra bucks. Unlike all the big boys in Hospitality; they really ensured that all their guests were personally taken care of. The rooms had a vintage four poster bed with comfortable mattress, neat & clean.

I always read reviews of other folks and wonder why would there be emphasis on staff not being professional, courteous or English speaking in places like this. These old palaces and forts are run by a team of people from the near-by village and I think they do a fabulous job with a smile. Being a hotelier myself, I understand the running cost especially the overall maintenance of these places is quite steep, however, the service is efficient, warm and even though food may be as basic as Yellow Lentils & a Mutton Curry; pickles, the ingredients are always fresh and far better than city hotels where these dishes come straight from a deep freezer and we often eat stale food that's beautifully garnished!!

Next morning, the staff arranged for hot breakfast in the verandah for us; just outside our room; though other guests were enjoying their first meal of the day in the beautiful Dining Room. I really can't can't compare the natural warmth & a positive vibe in staff with any other place I had visited before. This was perfect for me and I really appreciate the management and the staff for extending their courtesies to us.

I highly recommend Mud Fort to all you folks who are aching to get out of Delhi for a short Getaway! It truly is an Oasis in the Desert :)

Room Tip: Ground floors rooms are good unless you wanna try something wild; there are rooms with Pool Tables o...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ghaziabad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

we were a large group of 20 folks with 12 adults and 8 kids and had booked the place for the new year. we got 4 rooms on the terrace. Though we didnt the kind of rooms we wanted but we negotiated because we could all stay together and the place had become like a private property with all rooms on the terrace booked by us. the place is not a fancy property and if you are getting carried away by the "fort" in the name, beware. it is a very decent property in a village setup. the experience for us was very good, because we were in the city but still so away! it was peaceful, calm, green, and fresh air! we went during winters and hence were not bugged by the heat. i wouldnt recommend it during summers because it is so open that it may not be a pleasant place to be in.

the food is good but again it wasnt fancy. and i think we were not expecting anything fancy. we could get stuff for our kids quickly with the help of the kitchen staff and that really helped with 8 kids of different age groups.

the trips to the village on the bullock cart, and the gud factory etc were good fun...going back to that crazy type fun was good.

so, decent place, total value for money. dont expect anything luxurious. this is more for relaxation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Mud Fort - Kuchesar? Share your experiences!