My sister and I stayed only one night at the Tulip Inn Turin South in mid-September 2013. The room was spacious and clean. The wireless internet connection worked well.
The lady at the front desk was really unfriendly. She provided terrible instructions to get to the train station - the instructions started with a heavy sigh, followed by eye-rolling, then unclear finger pointing along with vague verbal instructions “Go straight, then straight…”
We wondered around for about 20 minutes before we gave up and went back to the hotel. We felt very uncomfortable in this area. Word of warning…don’t walk the wrong way because the neighbourhood is sketchy (ladies of the night, etc.) I asked Anna (I think her name was) for directions again and got a huge heavy sigh, but this time she marched me outside and gave the same verbal “Go straight, then straight” instructions. Then she marched back in rolling her eyes some more. It was humiliating! Later we discovered that there were maps near the reception area and we could have probably figured out the instructions from them - or it would have been better if she would have just directed us to the map.
We ended up eating dinner at the hotel and that was our second mistake (third if you count staying there in the first place). The gentleman who served us was very polite but the food was awful and over priced. Frozen, over cooked salmon with frozen, boiled to mush carrots.
What a shame that we had looked forward to our stay in Turin but were left with only bad memories of our short time there. We didn’t get to see any of the city and the only food we had was terrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 12 km from the exhibition center Lingotto in Turin and the Olympic Stadium, free parking, all rooms with bathroom, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, kettle with tea and coffee, air conditioning, reception 24 h, restaurant very appreciated, even by external clients, for the regional cuisine, we serve a rich breakfast buffet where you will find cakes made by our chef. The hotel was completely renovated, 100 new rooms, restaurant modern meeting room. We have rooms for the disabled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tulip Inn Turin South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Torino Sud Moncalieri
- Tulip Inn Turin South Moncalieri, Italy - Province Of Turin